Summer 2019 - Pre Season (ICC , Audi Cup & Other Matches)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure - but we don't run the tournament.

I'd guess most of the matches will be in China as that's the country buying up a lot of star players - including our now elderly Mouusa Dembele - wants the most international exposure (ie pay for the tournament) etc
Spurs could probably pull off a short stop in South Korea for promotional purposes either way.

If I remember right we did send Son, Wimmer, Walker and someone else on a visit to South Korea the last time we did pre-season in China.

I can see why they go on tours for pre-season, but I'd prefer they didn't. I think the season is long and difficult enough without having all that travelling beforehand and I think there are fan all over the UK that don't get the chance to see them play at home.
I've got my tickets booked for the Inter game so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we field a strong side.

Loads of tickets on now in 114 and half of 115 for Inter...
Not many away fans then...
(Apart from all the ones that will be scattered around everywhere else!)
A friend has just told me we've got two tickets in 114. I'm really pleased as it will be the first time I've been to the new stadium!

Clear difference in fitness levels, so why not start with some youth players like we did? Seems reminiscent of the Sarri at Chelsea last season. Picking the same players all the time and trying to indoctrictrinate them into Sarriball. I don't think it's gonna end well at all. Ajax made you look ponderous so you bring in Rabiot and Ramsey? And Matuidi's still there. I'll take Winks, Skipp, Ndombele and possibly Lo Celso over those three any day.

I think it was just a great goal by Kane. He nearly pulled off something similar against Dortmund in the CL. Rabiot gave the ball in a place you simply can't. Not the keeper's fault.

Rabiot has lost a stupid ball but when you suffer a goal from midfield it is "always" the goalkeeper's fault: concentration

Never mind

3SlJyfO.png
If you live in England, it's 12:30 at noon according to my calendar

Cannot see anyone not in squad playing re Villa. 4 players out through injury, 2 players suspended. Not a good start as squad stretched from start.
The worst part is that 3 injuries would be fine and about as expected. But the fourth injury (Aurier smashing a table and fucking his hand) and two suspensions are literally because supposedly grown men, paid huge amounts of money to be available, threw temper tantrums.

Looks like they may be part of the squad v Inter, probably won't see any playing time though if the first X1 mostly play 90 minutes.

Really hope we get to see a full game from Ndombele.... So far pre-season has felt like a tease of what we might get given his limited game time and the chopping and changing in other positions disrupting the overall flow of our performances.

Looked like I was gonna get to go tomorrow, but now I've got family business to take care of and will be scouring around for a full match upload tomorrow night instead.... Enjoy the game if ya got tickets, peeps! :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom