Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it boring when people say Eriksen and Dele should never be dropped?
Or only when you read the stuff you don’t like?

The more people keep lying about my stance, the more I will correct them.

I’ve never said either are bad players. I’ve said they are world class on their day but for both that was consistently 2-3 years ago now.

I think Dele lacks application and maturity and Eriksen lacks commitment.
Is there any of that you massively disagree with?
Is that why you are only arguing against me “saying they are shit and hating them”.

People need to grow up to be honest....they don’t like their flip flop opinions being brought back up.

Same people said Eriksen and Dele haven’t been poor, Eriksen is the best midfielder in Europe and his stats prove it, Dele is one of the best young AMs around and neither should ever be dropped.
Then they claim they suffered from fatigue and injuries (even though they wasn’t poor apparently)

“All we need is a CM and a RB”
Then spend the entire last three weeks wanking over Dybala, Lo celso and Bruno Fernandes.
Ahhhhhhhhh so now Dele and Eriksen need a rest? I thought that meant you was a cunt?

“But but but we didn’t have the staff”
No? Funny because I saw Moura tearing the shit out of it and no one cared that he was dropped or subbed.. people rate their favorites and new signings.

Then claim they are “backing the players” while stabbing Lamela and Dier and Skipp in the back.

You’re not a massive fan because you love Dele, Kane and Eriksen but think everyone else is disposable. Same people said the same shit two years ago when I wanted Dele dropped for Son.

People tend to catch up with my views after about half a year, jump on the bandwagon and then start claiming they never said this and that.

When Poch finally says Eriksen is not part of our plans......you will all claim you agree with his decision.
Oh well.
youre not well Sammy
burn your PC and get help

Here is what Poch had to say about it last summer:

"I don't know if we are going to sign or not. We're working on that. I cannot tell you if we're going to sign one, zero or two or three or four.

"If you compare with Europe I think you are at a complete disadvantage and sure it does not help the clubs in the Premier League"
"We're working. It's true that it's so close, the transfer window is so close, but the club's doing everything to help the team and add some players, more quality, and try to help us in the season to achieve what we want."

Pochettino believes the transfer window still being open across Europe until the end of August harms Premier League teams, particularly those competing in the Champions League.

"If you compare with Europe I think you are at a complete disadvantage and sure it does not help the clubs in the Premier League," Pochettino added.

"We are all in the same situation in England. It's clear that today I don't know if the rest of the teams are happy with that decision.

"Personally I think it's not right. In that situation I think it didn't help or it's not going to help the Premier League clubs or the clubs in England to have the same possibility as another contender, because we are going to compete in the Champions League and to have 20 days less is I think not a thing that is going to help you."

Which goes back to my point that full backs are the most overrated players in the PL right now.
That’s Rose is “world class” in his posistion says everything.

For all his comments, he gives his all.

But come on, the only way is down when he leaves us. If he thinks he’s doing a Walker or Trippier and going up from Spurs, I think he’s very wrong indeed.
Thank you, Samuel

Poch 2018:

It's fantastic because now [the window closes] before the start of the season – not one month later.

:defoe:
It’s mind blowing how you dislike so much a manager that done so well to our club. And continues to do so. I really can’t comprehend how you spend so much time talking about the club and you seem to dislike everything from the players to the manager.

And a few months prior to that, he said:

"It's a massive advantage for us for it to finish [our business] before the start of the season. For us, it's massive," Pochettino told Standard Sport.

"It's fantastic because now [the window closes] before the start of the season – not one month later.

"Of course, for many clubs it will not change too much but for us it is going to change a lot. We're going to have the squad ready before the start of the season. It's more helpful because they're going to have more time to adapt and help the team.

"You're going to win an extra month with them and it's massive. We don't need to wait for anything. We need today - no, yesterday! - to start to work to try to sign players. It's going to be very helpful for Tottenham.

“It is not impossible to the win the title," he added. "We need to start the season better. It’s not the right way for the club to start if you want to win big things as you will miss a few months. When you miss a few months in this competitive league it is so difficult to reduce the gap."

It’s mind blowing how you dislike so much a manager that done so well to our club. And continues to do so. I really can’t comprehend how you spend so much time talking about the club and you seem to dislike everything from the players to the manager.

Didn’t you once declare “Porto before Spurs”....

Don’t worry about what I think about the manager of this club.

Back
Top Bottom