Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sturridge is too injury prone. Shame there isn't any young strikers we could have signed to be back up to kane or a plan B to throw on. I wouldn't have minded signing santi mina from valencia. Maybe some championship young striker would be worth a punt.

Too many overseas trained players in the squad already so doubt if we would sign a young striker who is not HG or capable of becoming so - obvious one might be Jarrod Bowen at Hull but not sure whether he could play at Spurs level ,although fine in PL imo

It’s boring to everyone but everyone wants a debate on it.

Decide....do you want me to answer your posts, or is it boring and you want me to stop talking about it?
Because like many many others, you are saying one thing, and doing the complete opposite.

Or is it that you want to say your opinion, I have to accept it, and not say my point, and if I do, I get a ban for “going on about it”.

Sort yourselves out ffs
I'm always happy for you or any others to post their opinion but I get bored when you post it repeatedly time and again in every post to the point that the good stuff getting lost. We all have different opinions and I'm giving you my honest one. Its what makes this place good but if you want to post yours, you also have to listen to others as you are asking me to do.

We all remember that you have an issue with certain players performances last season, we don't need to be reminded of it every time they fail or don't reach the highest level.

I want us as fans to get behind our team this year and look to the positives, not hear time and again how we didn't do this or that and how we didn't spend any money last summer (as some other posters are still doing).

Have one last retort then we'll leave it there as we will go round in circles about this.

Two points :

1. Eriksen doesn't sign a new contract (albeit with s release clause etc) then he will not be a first choice player. And Eriksen on Spurs bench will never get to Madrid or Barcelona

2. If Eriksen believes that Madrid or Barcelona will only take him on s free, it means that neither club will appreciate him if he goes there - he will probably even to struggle to get on their bench. Eriksen is an intelligent man, he'll have worked that out. And I'm sure Levy and Poch will ensure he does understand that

Only question in my mind is what is a reasonable fee that Eriksen and Levy will compromise on - if it's not £50m it's ,£40m, after all there are not too many good AMs available for less , and neither Spanish club ( or other big club in Europe,,) have been afraid of paying such fees in the last.

But if he doesn't sign a new contract imo he's given up on his Spanish dream, Juve as stacked in midfield, so will he go to PSG for example ?
1) Eriksen on a free (even with a year off) will get Madrid or Barcelona.
2) footballers back their own ability, we see it time and time again. Even if he believes that the club will not appreciate him at the outset he will believe his on field performances will turn this around. His agent would already be talking to the clubs and he will be aware of the interest and this would have informed 1).

Two points :

1. Eriksen doesn't sign a new contract (albeit with s release clause etc) then he will not be a first choice player. And Eriksen on Spurs bench will never get to Madrid or Barcelona

2. If Eriksen believes that Madrid or Barcelona will only take him on s free, it means that neither club will appreciate him if he goes there - he will probably even to struggle to get on their bench. Eriksen is an intelligent man, he'll have worked that out. And I'm sure Levy and Poch will ensure he does understand that

Only question in my mind is what is a reasonable fee that Eriksen and Levy will compromise on - if it's not £50m it's ,£40m, after all there are not too many good AMs available for less , and neither Spanish club ( or other big club in Europe,,) have been afraid of paying such fees in the last.

But if he doesn't sign a new contract imo he's given up on his Spanish dream, Juve as stacked in midfield, so will he go to PSG for example ?
Well we don't really know that, Poch will play the players that give him the best chance of winning. He still seemingly has a good relationship with him, he already said contracts are nothing to do with him.

I think Eriksen knows whether they pay or not he's not guaranteed a start if he goes there, I think he is fine with having to work hard and prove himself, if he signs a contract now, then he's possibly tying himself down with us for the rest of his career. If either of big two don't want him on a free then there is every chance he could sign a new contract.

1) Eriksen on a free (even with a year off) will get Madrid or Barcelona.
2) footballers back their own ability, we see it time and time again. Even if he believes that the club will not appreciate him at the outset he will believe his on field performances will turn this around. His agent would already be talking to the clubs and he will be aware of the interest and this would have informed 1).

I guess all we can do is wait and see - I'm sure the club will have suggested something along the lines I have out forward.

Agree agent will hawk Eriksen around again - as he has done all summer so will know which clubs are interested. Probably this summer has been a wake up call for both Eriksen and his agent as both would have been optimistic ( and same with Pogba at Manu)

The anti Rose sentiment is unjustified. He has made some comments that are honest. So fuck. Good on him. I hope he makes more comments and continues to be one of the best left backs in the world for us
Nice one sausage, a sane voice in a sea of vitriol and nastiness....won't even start on the shit in Danny's thread ffs anyone would think he's the fucking antichrist. One mindless wankstain called him a 'cuntbucket'....really??

The anti Rose sentiment is unjustified. He has made some comments that are honest. So fuck. Good on him. I hope he makes more comments and continues to be one of the best left backs in the world for us
Which goes back to my point that full backs are the most overrated players in the PL right now.
That Rose is “world class” in his position says everything.

For all his comments, he gives his all.

But come on, the only way is down when he leaves us. If he thinks he’s doing a Walker or Trippier and going up from Spurs, I think he’s very wrong indeed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom