Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which bit do you disagree with with, chap, and why?
Rather than throwing a few random slogans about, why not offer something constructive to the forum.
I prefer supporters being described as optimistic rather than pulling themselves off, and a middling window I think not. The club done the best it could and to have four players who want to play for the shirt and haven't sold their image rights or want Sanchez monies (which would in my opinion destabilized the existing wages structure) is top draw in my book. Its been great to see Levy open his wallet and lets hope it continues in the next window when we will need it!

Anyone who didn't think we could/should have re-inforced the squad in Summer 2018 is mad/deluded.

It was a missed opportunity that has partly been addressed by the addition of Ndombele, Clarke (for next season), Ntete, Lo Celso, Sessegnon. Plus, the deadwood has been cut away (although Nkoudou may still be with us - we live in hope).

All the big clubs should bring in 2/3 new faces each summer window to keep the existing squad on their toes and cater for loss of form, suspensions, contract negotiations, and a Cup run.

Although this is water under the bridge, Summer 2018 was a huge missed opportunity. For those that claim there was no-one around last summer, anyone heard (other than the die hard Euro-experts) of Lo Celso six weeks ago? There were players last summer, it's just we chose not to pursue them.

Anyway, 30 hours to go!

Come on lads.
Agreed. its done now. we have made good strides forward in recovering from that mistake. sign a RB in January & we are pretty much where we want to be. Unless & ideally Aurier or KWP step up!
I'd like us to go for a top quality player like dybala again but if the price gets out of hand or it gets messy like with image rights /agent fees etc then walk away. More if the right opportunity comes along at the right time.

Sammy 2019:
People tend to catch up with my views after about half a year, jump on the bandwagon and then start claiming they never said this and that.
Poch is the best manager we’ve had in 30 odd years

Sammy 2015 re: Poch:
Why are you obsessed with discussing his flaws? I bet you wanna go "I told you so" someday when he cracks.
Thanks for showing that some of us saw that we were shit months ago, and some like yourself, have just cottoned on. Bravo...and yes, I fucking told you so.
Im not a big fan. The jury is massively out.

I didnt rate AVB or Tim, yet we are going to finish below them. Why should I be a big fan of Poch?

Let's look at Sammy 2019 again:
People tend to catch up with my views after about half a year, jump on the bandwagon and then start claiming they never said this and that.

Right... Or is it the other way around :dembelelol:

Or Poch is the best manager we’ve had in 30 odd years but he’s won nothing and has faults?

Care to tell us all what bit you disagree with?

“My attitude to that is that when people start to criticise you personally or attack your character it's because they don't really want to engage with you on the substance of the issues."
Leo Varadkar

He’s a wise man

Indeed.

Too many posters on here cry off once they cannot refute what is said with reasoned argument.

We all are guilty at times but some go too far and press the exclude button. Them be the children.

Thought it might be useful to show the list of targets leaked to press at the start of TW - date of Evening Standard article is 31 May !

Pleased to say 100% obtained - always a shame we couldn't have got another in, but that's life.

To put that into context ManU whose squad is in a worse condition signed 2 first team players and a promising youngster whilst seeing 3 first team players leave

Sammy 2019:

Sammy 2015 re: Poch:

Let's look at Sammy 2019 again:

Right... Or is it the other way around :dembelelol:

Are you saying that I should have rated him before he did all the stuff that made me rate him?
In 2015 he wasn’t the best manager we had in 30 years. He hasn’t finished top 4, hadnt transformed all our players yet, and hadn’t reached the CL final.

OH LOOK!!! SAMMY COULDNT PREDICT THE FUTURE 4 YEARS AGO!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Last year we didn't sign a single player. So anything had to be an improvement on that didn't it.
Doesn't mean I'm dancing in the streets with joy and proclaiming we won the transfer window this time around like many on here.
One big signing to replace Dembele, one loan signing, and a couple of young prospects for the future.
Last night people were pulling themselves off over Dybala, Fernandes, Coutinho and more.
Like I said. Middling window if we keep the 3 key players I mentioned earlier.

Yes we did - Davies, Winks, Kane, Son, Dele all technically signed new contracts, keeping our star players has always been an issue so getting players to extend contracts is almost as important as signing new players (see Eriksen)
You may have been pulling yourself off over football players - but that's probably just you

Here's the assessment of our window from a professional sports reporter ... see if you can understand it

IN: Tanguy Ndombele (Lyon) £55m, Giovani Lo Celso (Real Betis) loan, Jack Clarke (Leeds) £10m, Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) £30m

An exceptionally good transfer window that was so nearly perfect. Tottenham’s ultimate failure to finalise a deal for the Juventus striker Paulo Dybala saw the window end with a palpable tinge of disappointment, but it should not go unnoticed that Daniel Levy delivered Mauricio Pochettino his three primary transfer targets.Ryan Sessegnon is a raw talent whose future is surely in safe hands with the Argentine. Tanguy Ndombele is an exciting arrival who should help finally fill the gap left by Moussa Dembele. And Giovani Lo Celso is a dynamic and adaptable midfielder who has all the ability to take English football by storm.

Indeed.

Too many posters on here cry off once they cannot refute what is said with reasoned argument.

We all are guilty at times but some go too far and press the exclude button. Them be the children.

Like I said mate, there are people here who would keep Kane, Poch, Dele and Eriksen at all costs but every single other memeber of the squad and coaching staff they wouldn’t batter an eyelid if they left.

There are people here who would see Levy walk if it meant Eriksen stayed.
Actually consider that.

Back
Top Bottom