Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

that's why it's important that when we first bid for a player we make the offer irresitable to the club, agent and the player, I feel like our approach is about waiting to see if we can get a deal rather than trying to secure the target before other clubs get involved.
No, it's called doing business with multiple parties, all of whom have their own thoughts and feelings outside of Tottenham Hotspur. Sure, I do believe that Levy needs to loosen up a bit. Transfers are a game of fine margins and bluffs, but what does an irresistible offer mean to someone that is comfortably settled and might fear culture shock in England? What does an irresistible offer mean to Crystal Palace who fear that cashing in on Wilfried Zaha or Wan Bissaka would threaten them with relegation and catastrophic loss of revenue in the Championship? What about when Manchester City made an irresistible offer to Christian Eriksen, who decided the fit wasn't right and both him and Ajax chose less money and Spurs?

There are other factors than money at play as well. Just paying a lot more money doesn't always solve the problem. Boiling this down to an extreme example, if a player doesn't really fancy Tottenham but decided to join just because we blew his salary expectations out of the water, frankly speaking that's a player that I'm hesitant to want at Spurs.

Fuck sake, can u fuckers stop having debates! Whenever there is a significant increase to the pages count I think somethings happened!!!

:lamelaaghh: :lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:
giphy.gif

West Ham has a terrible transfer strategy as I said but id spend 100 to pick up 16 points on our rivals next year while getting two pieces who's value has gone up. I'm not for spending just to spend either and don't want us to buy some of the targets we've been linked to, but we do have two targets who are young and would improve our team a ton next year that are going to cost a lot of money and we need to pull the trigger

The only reason they improved on the season before is because they were even worse than they were last season.
Why blow your load earlyand then see a player who is better come along later in the window.?

There is nothing NOTHING that we should be compared to with that club. They are the total opposite of what we are or should be.

I’m one of the few who thinks Poch knows what he’s doing and should be trusted.

The only reason they improved on the season before is because they were even worse than they were last season.
Why blow your load earlyand then see a player who is better come along later in the window.?

There is nothing NOTHING that we should be compared to with that club. They are the total opposite of what we are or should be.

Your passionate hatred of West Ham is the greatest.

Well yes, to improve you have to be worse the season before that is more than kind of implied

Relatively new supporter here (early 2018). I didn't follow the transfer window last summer... was the speculation / # of players we're linked to anywhere close to what it is now?
In the media? Not really...there was some Zaha/Martial bullshit, and the Grealish saga, but well-reported transfer news this summer has well outpaced the last 18 months.

Relatively new supporter here (early 2018). I didn't follow the transfer window last summer... was the speculation / # of players we're linked to anywhere close to what it is now?

This thread is the epitome of sensibility and rationality when it comes to the transfer window. Anything you read here will have been well researched, devoid of speculation and at least 95% accurate.

Fill your boots.

Yes you can't mention the top club's and west ham in the same sentence because it just doesn't fit nor has it ever done.

Noted ITK Hercules stated that we would break the bank and spend possible 200m.

Many people elsewhere took his word as gospel. None here.

Yes I fully agree. Good post, and don't see enough of these by Spurs fans.
I'm so sick to the point of getting genuinely annoyed when I see people criticising Levy, the club policies - and are prepared to throw away so much of what we have worked so hard for over the past 10-15 years by slamming ridiculous amounts of cash on non elite clubs tables for their players.

Anyone that can't see the progress we have made is literally blind. This was by following a plan. When the going is good (making top 4, final, record profits) you would have to be an absolute fucking imbecile to jeopardise that by pleasing moronic fans who want to waste cash they aren't responsible for, on players who may not necessarily succeed.

I'm not saying buying players is a waste of cash, but the impatient, childish suggestions of just rushing deals through by throwing double our record transfer to date, on someone most people calling for it, have seen very limited playing minutes of in the first place.

I'm so pleased we have Levy in charge, and that our growth has been earned, and done in how I view to be the right way.
Yeah........just spend some fuckin money Levy.....cunt......

Back
Top Bottom