Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele shouldnt be dependent on anyone leaving, he's filling the Dembele shaped hole that should have been sorted out last summer, maybe earlier.

If we can't get what seems clear to be our manager's first choice for an area we are desperately weak in before we look at further strengthening and giving him the tools to do the job then we may as well just accept that he'll be off sooner rather than later.

We've just made £150 million-odd from the European campaign, we're not fucking Bolton Wanderers

Good point Bill ... NDombele should be on the - get it done now list ....

And how many of those stats were compiled from three years ago....and how many from the last two years.
Hes nothing without his breakthrough seasons.

Stop living in the past....I dont care about websites mish mashing plaudits from 2016 and making it sound like Dele had a good 2019.
Watch him instead

What? I'm talking about the 2019 lists that came out in the last few weeks ... go take a look

Barkley was being touted around at £30-35m. Injured at the time but he would have been a very useful addition to our squad.

I'd argue he's not better than Winks but would give us other options in midfield as a Dier/Wanyama/Sissoko stand in.
Lol.....that would have made him our record signing at the time and second most expensive in our history.
For someone you just admitted isn’t better than our own academy graduate.

Last edited:
What? I'm talking about the 2019 lists that came out in the last few weeks ... go take a look
I don’t need to look, I saw him playing football and get the same amount of assists as Trippier.

If you think he had a great season then good for you. You must be looking forward to more of the same next year. I’m not.

I find it hilarious that some people think last season with Wan Bissaka in for Trippier would have made a bigger difference than swapping out Dele for someone like Sane.

Too many want to "aim high" but sign average players in positions that wont take us up a level....you are too into poster boys. You all talk a good transfer window, but when it comes to it, you genuinely believe we cant upgrade on Dele fucking Alli.

How low ball can you get? "We´d win stuff with Walker" ......Only we didnt.

Its extremely interesting also that the minute the season ended, everyone was quick to talk about how poor Dele was below par and we should give him time etc etc etc

During the season though, the same people said he was world class and playing well. Flip flopping all over the shop. Remember when you wanted us to pay 50M for Barkley who was better than Winks.
But Rabiot or Bale wouldnt be an upgrade on Dele, hahaha
Pea brain samsam not understand what Dane write in post

D9xZFCCXUAAfGaP.jpg
Who spends their precious time on earth making this shite?

I find it hilarious that some people think last season with Wan Bissaka in for Trippier would have made a bigger difference than swapping out Dele for someone like Sane.

Too many want to "aim high" but sign average players in positions that wont take us up a level....you are too into poster boys. You all talk a good transfer window, but when it comes to it, you genuinely believe we cant upgrade on Dele fucking Alli.

How low ball can you get? "We´d win stuff with Walker" ......Only we didnt.

Its extremely interesting also that the minute the season ended, everyone was quick to talk about how poor Dele was below par and we should give him time etc etc etc

During the season though, the same people said he was world class and playing well. Flip flopping all over the shop. Remember when you wanted us to pay 50M for Barkley who was better than Winks.
But Rabiot or Bale wouldnt be an upgrade on Dele, hahaha
I wanted us to buy Barkley if
I don’t need to look, I saw him playing football and get the same amount of assists as Trippier.

If you think he had a great season then good for you. You must be looking forward to more of the same next year. I’m not.
I don't get it. One moment you're all about 'the eye test' the next, assists define a player. You have a massive, massive ego and a very obvious agenda. Reconsider yourself

As I said you know better than all the professionals ... not knocking you that's your valid opinion ... I thought he was fine, played most of the season out of position and still made a huge contribution ... when a 23 year old constantly draws a second marker then the other teams probably rate him ... shame some of us don't.

Back
Top Bottom