Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well we can only really sign home grown strikers - so its pretty likely the shortlist is going to be players that you've heard of
Well we can sign anyone we want, the only issue is that we'd then have to not register one of the foreign players to accommodate it, which isn't an issue if we are trying to shift them anyway, such as Foyth on ooan or whatever.

I thought we had a foreign space left anyway, Vorm out for Hart?

Well we can sign anyone we want, the only issue is that we'd then have to not register one of the foreign players to accommodate it, which isn't an issue if we are trying to shift them anyway, such as Foyth on ooan or whatever.

One left in the prem, maxed out for Europe as Davies counts as foreign trained for Europe. You would have thought though that Aurier and Foyth will leave one way or another by the end of the window.

When you say "comments on the doc" I assume you mean the Amazon thing, right?

I haven't seen any of it, I read some of the posts about it but missed the stuff about this Hitchens bloke (who I must admit I'd never heard of before). What did he say?
He goes on about how difficult it is planning for the January window, about how buying in January is panic buying and so on

I'm no expert, but as I see it if you planned to buy a player for position x in the summer window , and couldn't get one....then you plan to do that in Jan.

giphy.gif
We paid more than that for a fat boy who won't run tbf.

I've seen Ollie Watkins sprint, he's quite quick. Quicker than Ndombelly anyway.

What's Reguilon's defending like? I have seen him put in one horrorshow defensive performance at home to Espanyol and he wasn't really tested on an individual level against Utd or Roma. He seems a bit soft in the physicality department, too.

todd1882 todd1882

Last edited:

No space in EL squad

Plenty of space left to sign and register homegrown players......hence that's what we will try to do

Our EL squad is maxed out for home-grown.

Hart, Doherty, Alli, Sessegnon

A maximum of 25 players, two of whom must be goalkeepers. There are a minimum of eight places reserved exclusively for 'locally trained players'. If a club have fewer than eight locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
What's a 'locally trained player'?
There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight 'local' nominees on List A.

Are you sure Alli doesn't fall into category 1?

I think were approaching this striker thing all wrong. It obvious from the doc that Levy knows fuck all about football.

When we were building the stadium there was a shortage of cranes to hire. Levy bought 5, at top dollar, quicker than he'd run after a fiver blowing across the car park. Knowing he could sell them after the build.

'Daniel, Harry is a crane, but that crane keeps breaking down, we need another crane just in case'

Job done, expect Costa, Watkins and Deeney by the weekend.

Our EL squad is maxed out for home-grown.

Hart, Doherty, Alli, Sessegnon

A maximum of 25 players, two of whom must be goalkeepers. There are a minimum of eight places reserved exclusively for 'locally trained players'. If a club have fewer than eight locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
What's a 'locally trained player'?
There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight 'local' nominees on List A.
Maxed out for HG isn't really true, it's a minimum requirement, you can have more.

Via Ornstein:

" Tottenham have been linked with King, although he is not thought to be high up on their recruitment lists at present and, after missing out on Watkins, it is understood that Spurs do not yet have a firm attacking target in mind. "

Back
Top Bottom