Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, fwiw the ITKs are telling us that the lack of crowd attendance and gate receipts for possibly 6 months or more has changed the entire financial landscape.
For us, but even more so for many other clubs.
They're also claiming Mourinho wanted to raise cash by selling Ndombele, but now Dele is the chosen one to go - even if it looks like we'll just get a (significant) loan fee plus his wages paid.
I note that all our outstanding deals appear to involve loans with an obligation to buy. Ie delaying the transfer fee for cash flow reasons. So let's still go and get that CB and squad CF.

Bringing in Bergwijn was a good move as he is a clear upgrade on Moura, the question is what is the point in bringing Bergwijn and then keeping Moura and starting him?

Bergwijn has been played in poor positions in the Europa/Carabao Cup games and instead of showing what he can do when given space like he was early on and with the Dutch, he has instead been crowded in with our other players.

I am also not sure how we would be able to have a striker play alongside Kane if we also have to fit in Bale, Son and at least one of GLC and Ndombele unless you plan on sitting one of Bale and Son or relying on them being injured.

Clear upgrade? Really ? And I say this as someone who is emphatically not a member of the Brazilian Lennon fan club.

I think there were a ton of better things we could have put 30m Euro on than buying another pretty ordinary AM.

Clear upgrade? Really ? And I say this as someone who is emphatically not a member of the Brazilian Lennon fan club.

I think there were a ton of better things we could have put 30m Euro on than buying another pretty ordinary AM.

He is without a doubt better than Moura, especially if used in a formation that gives him space out wide and the opportunity to cut inside. He is younger, a better passer, much better overall with the ball at his feet, much better football IQ. The only thing I think Moura does better is work rate but he is so ineffective with all that work it doesn’t result in anything better.

Whether we could have used the 30m in a better way is a different discussion but yes he is an upgrade on Moura.

He is without a doubt better than Moura, especially if used in a formation that gives him space out wide and the opportunity to cut inside. He is younger, a better passer, much better overall with the ball at his feet, much better football IQ. The only thing I think Moura does better is work rate but he is so ineffective with all that work it doesn’t result in anything better.

Whether we could have used the 30m in a better way is a different discussion but yes he is an upgrade on Moura.

It's a big pfffft.. from me Iggy.

I'll agree with you, but they arent in completely different echelons of talent. Stevie just getting started in his career really.

Say what you like about his aptitude on the pitch, but everybody loves Lucas. What a bloody wonderful bloke he is.

Back
Top Bottom