Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Potential full back options at both LB & RB? Could be a possibility with Fraser given his style of play and how Mourinho likes to have one full back pushed really high up
That's what I said a couple of weeks ago. Fraser would only make sense if Jose sees him as a very ofensive right-back. Something similar to what he did with Valencia at United.

Fraser does have a very good final ball - assists and crosses. An he can cover a lot of ground - was one of the first players in distance covered in the 2018-19 season; 12th, if I am not mistaken.

I don't think it will happen, but I have to say, I'm still not convinced about any of the right-back options we are allegedly after.

Why do people think Ryan Fraser is a good signing????
I say this because he's not homegrown. He's not young and he's not had a good season this year. He's also a LW a position which we have young sessegnon and other players like Son/Bergwijn who play there.
People saying he's a good signing - We're Tottenham and we won't be winning anything anytime soon if that's our level of ambition.

I agree. Our biggest priority should be a proper 6/DM and has been for a long time. But I would happily sell Winks - who we should be able to get a reasonable price for being HG, international, CL experience etc - for something thing like 35m, Sissoko (for whatever 5m ?) and Dier - another 35m ? - buy someone like Lopez for 10m, Sangare for 15m and then spend 50m on Camavinga. We'd then have a midfield group of:

Camavinga, Sangare, Lopez, Skipp (maybe loan for a season), Ndombele, Lo Celso.

That would be one of the best midfield groups in this league - and self financing. And unlike now you've got at least 3 or 4 who could play in double pivots as well as CM3's.
If we get 35m for Dier I’d be extremely surprised , However even though I am also not a member of the MS appreciation society I do think we’d get 10-12 m rather than 5.
Getting a back up player for the perennially injured Kane is also at least as much a priority as finding a better no 6.

I say this because he's not homegrown. He's not young and he's not had a good season this year. He's also a LW a position which we have young sessegnon and other players like Son/Bergwijn who play there.
People saying he's a good signing - We're Tottenham and we won't be winning anything anytime soon if that's our level of ambition.
We don't win anything anytime soon regardless of calibre of player.
:troll:

If we get 35m for Dier I’d be extremely surprised , However even though I am also not a member of the MS appreciation society I do think we’d get 10-12 m rather than 5.
Getting a back up player for the perennially injured Kane is also at least as much a priority as finding a better no 6.
Although it’s important, I think improving our first team is more important rather than our bench. So getting a DM out weighs a striker for me if I had to choose.

hope we get both obviously though.

EV-k1q9UEAA4utS

EV-leCKUwAEqvSR

EV-lx0DU4AQW783

Shows abit how underappreciated Hojbjerg is really - probably because he plays for Southampton perhaps?

To be fair, that also shows how underrated Winks is when it comes to carrying and moving the ball forward. Winks is probably the most un-Mourinho DM so will be interesting to see where he fits in when we have an actual decent DM in the team.

Hojbjerg/Skipp
Lo Celso/Winks - Ndombele/Sissoko
I actually think is a pretty good team to build on. We could probably do with upgrading on Sissoko, perhaps with Soumare who is definitely more a deep lying playmaker than a defensive midfielder.

That Bennacer guy posts pretty good figures. No idea who he is but could he be a cheaper alternative?

(I know winks is in one chart but I’m always struck how none of our players are in these things. Always rings alarm bells)

That Bennacer guy posts pretty good figures. No idea who he is but could he be a cheaper alternative?

(I know winks is in one chart but I’m always struck how none of our players are in these things. Always rings alarm bells)
Ismail Bennacer plays for AC Milan and has been one of their best players this season alongside Theo Hernandez. AC Milan fans that I've talked to want to build their midfield around him and Lucas Paqueta.

If a club like Barcelona are claiming money is tight then you know there is a problem.
And the irony is, if money is tight across the whole game, even the top end, we probably have the worst manager in the business at coaching the best out of what he has available.
Just 8 months ago, we had the best!

And the irony is, if money is tight across the whole game, even the top end, we probably have the worst manager in the business at coaching the best out of what he has available.
Just 8 months ago, we had the best!
Not sure that Jose is bad at coaching with what he has although time will tell, he has a proven track record of coaching players of all abilities to be winner's.
As for poch I loved the man, his passion and love for spurs was there to see, but I never felt that he would be a winner and I had said it a couple of times prior to him leaving.
I wish him all the best and he is welcome at the club anytime imo, but I don't think he will get anywhere near Jose's level of success, poch is a good but not great manager again imo.

Last edited:
Not sure that Jose is bad at coaching with what he has although time will tell, he has a proven track record of coaching players of all abilities to be winner's.
As for poch I loved the man, his passion and love for spurs was there to see, but I never felt that he would be a winner and I had said it a couple of times prior to him leaving.
I wish him all the best and he is welcome at the club anytime imo, but I don't think he will get anywhere near Jose's level of success, poch is a good but not great manager again imo.
We've seen Jose being successful because he was able to bring in who he wanted no interference. He's been able to fall out with players and piss off others and keep working unmolested. It would be interesting to see what happened Poch if he had those conditions.

Also it will be interesting to see if Jose doesn't get what he wants from Levy, how long before bodies appear under the bus and the excuses start.

Ismail Bennacer plays for AC Milan and has been one of their best players this season alongside Theo Hernandez. AC Milan fans that I've talked to want to build their midfield around him and Lucas Paqueta.
I'm a fan of Theo Hernandez.

Also Luca Hernandez. With Alphonso
Davies taking the LB role. Is it possible to get Luca?

I'm a fan of Theo Hernandez.

Also Luca Hernandez. With Alphonso
Davies taking the LB role. Is it possible to get Luca?
Lucas has been kind of a flop at Bayern, especially in comparison to Pavard, Davies etc. I don't know if we're linked with him, but I don't think Bayern would be against selling Lucas Hernandez. He has potential though, even with Theo's season at AC Milan, I still think Lucas is the better of the two, because he's way better defensively, even if he lacks a bit attack-wise when compared to his brother.

Lucas has been kind of a flop at Bayern, especially in comparison to Pavard, Davies etc. I don't know if we're linked with him, but I don't think Bayern would be against selling Lucas Hernandez. He has potential though, even with Theo's season at AC Milan, I still think Lucas is the better of the two, because he's way better defensively, even if he lacks a bit attack-wise when compared to his brother.
This is exactly what I mean.

There are plenty of players under the radar we could be getting that can improve us. We need a LB so with Luca surplus to requirements why not go on for him. There can't be many teams interested in him that his price tag will rocket up. He played LB in a world cup winning team. I thought he defended really well against some tricky wingers that tournament.

Theo would be more expensive due to his age.

We've seen Jose being successful because he was able to bring in who he wanted no interference. He's been able to fall out with players and piss off others and keep working unmolested. It would be interesting to see what happened Poch if he had those conditions.

Also it will be interesting to see if Jose doesn't get what he wants from Levy, how long before bodies appear under the bus and the excuses start.
Which begs the question of why did he agree to join knowing how we operate which isn't a secret in anyone's world.
Along with levy knowing how Jose works it does seem a case of the odd couple, with the virus taking effect on finances, I don't think he will get much chance to complain about targets.
Maybe Jose decided to join us to prove that he can be successful at a club that doesn't throw money around, after all look what he did at Porto I wouldn't say they were bigger than us.

Back
Top Bottom