Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EV-k1q9UEAA4utS

EV-leCKUwAEqvSR

EV-lx0DU4AQW783

Shows abit how underappreciated Hojbjerg is really - probably because he plays for Southampton perhaps?

To be fair, that also shows how underrated Winks is when it comes to carrying and moving the ball forward. Winks is probably the most un-Mourinho DM so will be interesting to see where he fits in when we have an actual decent DM in the team.

Hojbjerg/Skipp
Lo Celso/Winks - Ndombele/Sissoko
I actually think is a pretty good team to build on. We could probably do with upgrading on Sissoko, perhaps with Soumare who is definitely more a deep lying playmaker than a defensive midfielder.

[RATING][/RATING]
EV-k1q9UEAA4utS

EV-leCKUwAEqvSR

EV-lx0DU4AQW783

Shows abit how underappreciated Hojbjerg is really - probably because he plays for Southampton perhaps?

To be fair, that also shows how underrated Winks is when it comes to carrying and moving the ball forward. Winks is probably the most un-Mourinho DM so will be interesting to see where he fits in when we have an actual decent DM in the team.

Hojbjerg/Skipp
Lo Celso/Winks - Ndombele/Sissoko
I actually think is a pretty good team to build on. We could probably do with upgrading on Sissoko, perhaps with Soumare who is definitely more a deep lying playmaker than a defensive midfielder.
im happy someone had the time to do this. 👌🏼

[RATING][/RATING]

im happy someone had the time to do this. 👌🏼

I'd also be happy with Zambo Anguissa as a DM choice.

Was always a fan when he was at Marseille and he's been brilliant for Villarreal this season. Didn't have THE best time with Fulham in the Premier League but it was Fulham and they were a shambles.

He's still a Fulham player as he's on loan so we may even be able to get him at a cut price if they're going to need to sell to get him off the wage book etc.

BS
Really like this kid, he's not superstar shiny, but he's a tenacious little grafter who can play a bit of football. I had him as one of my "value" purchases in my DOF team (thread). Not exactly a pure DM, not the big, robust Wanyama type, but more the compact "busy cunt" type and of that type he's well worth 10m, would be a humungous upgrade in midfield on people like Dier, Winks, Sissoko for that double pivot remit, can also play in a CM3.
I like the player I guess
But I'm fed up of being linked to CM'S , that's the problem our team is full of CM'S , they are all too similar and are good as part of 3 but we need that CDM , these CM'S won't stop us conceding goals.
This summer its time to focus where we really need if cash is short , saying that I'd love us to spend money on Eze.

BS

I like the player I guess
But I'm fed up of being linked to CM'S , that's the problem our team is full of CM'S , they are all too similar and are good as part of 3 but we need that CDM , these CM'S won't stop us conceding goals.
This summer its time to focus where we really need if cash is short , saying that I'd love us to spend money on Eze.

I agree. Our biggest priority should be a proper 6/DM and has been for a long time. But I would happily sell Winks - who we should be able to get a reasonable price for being HG, international, CL experience etc - for something thing like 35m, Sissoko (for whatever 5m ?) and Dier - another 35m ? - buy someone like Lopez for 10m, Sangare for 15m and then spend 50m on Camavinga. We'd then have a midfield group of:

Camavinga, Sangare, Lopez, Skipp (maybe loan for a season), Ndombele, Lo Celso.

That would be one of the best midfield groups in this league - and self financing. And unlike now you've got at least 3 or 4 who could play in double pivots as well as CM3's.

He is not an exceptional footballer, he is not a defensive midfielder. Kante is both. We don't need to waste time on a player like Lopez, he's just not good enough.
His stats is much better than Kantes this season. Miles better. Better in defence, offence and off ball.

Edit:
In points per minute they are pretty even. Thought Kante played more, has he been injured?

Last edited:
Wouldn't think of him as a DM, but his stats show he is quite busy. Good leader, could be a great fit at the base of a midfield 3 with Gio and Ndombele next to him.
Well, not trying to single you out particularly, but nobody seems to think anybody is a fucking DM these days, so I'll just take whatever our Manager decides he wants and accept it...

Very good post about Hojbjerg from Totti Totti .

I think he is a DM. He just plays as a box to box because that's the way his team uses the midfield (classic 4-4-2). In a more defensive role we could get the best of him.

About Victor Osimhen, I don't know if you guys noticed, but his agent gave us some very good news:

“We told Mourinho that if he wants Victor, will Harry Kane be leaving? He needs a club where he will always play full game week in, week out. Not to be kept on the bench."

It's a shame, Victor Osimhen is going to be a very powerful striker for any team he plays. But the fact that his agent mentioned they were in talks with Mourinho is excellent news. Osimhen would cost at least 40m, probably more. If they were truly in talks with Jose, that indicates our transfer window will not be a desert.

His stats is much better than Kantes this season. Miles better. Better in defence, offence and off ball.

Edit:
In points per minute they are pretty even. Thought Kante played more, has he been injured?
Based off the link you posted Hojberg has made no errors this season.

How could he possibly fit in with our team if he doesn’t make errors? :mourloopy:

I can only assume Fraser would be signed due to his versatility. He can play RM, LM and even at times has played as an up and down RWB.

Add to that he has Premier League experience, has been involved in more Prem goals than Lucas Moura and Erik Lamela combined in the last 2 seasons, he wouldn't cost anything and you can see why we would be after him.

Back
Top Bottom