Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

smashing sci-fi GIF

I’ve got a really good feeling about rodon

IN : Joe Hart, Joe Rodon, Carlos Vinicius, Gareth Bale, Sergio Reguilon, Matt Doherty and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg

OUT : Ryan Sessegnon - Hoffenheim, loan, Oliver Skipp - Norwich, loan, Luke Amos - QPR, undisclosed, Jan Vertonghen - Benfica, free, Victor Wanyama Montreal Impact, free transfer,Troy Parrott- Millwall, loan Timothy Eyoma - Lincoln, loan, Jack Roles - Burton, loan, Kazaiah Sterling - Southend, loan

Now that is some transfer window by anybody's standards :coys: :coys:

Last edited:
At last, after many a year, we are finally going to have a manager who has the right kind of headache when it comes to team selection before a match. Spoilt for choice hopefully.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to name left backs who have been sold for more than Chilwell's £45m price tag.

Can you name me say 6 left backs who have ben sold for more ?

Might give an idea on how likely it is that a club will offer than 60m to Madrid for Left Back Reguillon.
not the point.
the point is, it doesnt matter if Madrid have the money. it doesnt matter if they still have two excellent left backs. the point is, if they get an offer which makes a profit on the deal, they will exercse thebuy out and sell him on. whether Spurs like it or not
after all, this is a world in which Harry Maguire isthe most expensive defender in the world

Best thing Levy could do is use the next year to persuade Madrid toget rid of the buy out clause, assuming its what the player decides he wants

not the point.
the point is, it doesnt matter if Madrid have the money. it doesnt matter if they still have two excellent left backs. the point is, if they get an offer which makes a profit on the deal, they will exercse thebuy out and sell him on. whether Spurs like it or not
after all, this is a world in which Harry Maguire isthe most expensive defender in the world

Best thing Levy could do is use the next year to persuade Madrid toget rid of the buy out clause, assuming its what the player decides he wants
I assumed his point was that there wouldn't be many clubs willing to pay such a fee as to give Real much of a profit.

I assumed his point was that there wouldn't be many clubs willing to pay such a fee as to give Real much of a profit.
if they are scrabbling about for the pennies to flutter they're eyelashes at Mbappe, 2 million will do.

and, as i said, its a world in which Macguire cost 80 million.

not the point.

In that scenario Reguillon would have to agree to join the secondary buying club...

He's isn't some kind of contract slave.

if they are scrabbling about for the pennies to flutter they're eyelashes at Mbappe, 2 million will do.

and, as i said, its a world in which Macguire cost 80 million.
If Madrid want to go through all the hassle to make a £2m profit, surely we'll just pay them that £2m and keep Reguilon? Heck Levy can even throw Perez a free tour of the skywalk to sweeten the deal.
:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom