Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No agenda whatsoever in truth.

Kane was poor in the games against the better teams and it's as simple as that.

In terms of giving us sonething special I concede that no problem but in the PL? As I said no chance.

De Bruyne for one.

He missed 1/3 of the season!

KDB: P25 / G6 / A12

Rice was better in what influence he had in the round. Stones was better in the round. And there are more but irrespective of any differing view if my list there were players who performed better in the times of need and against all opponents in my opinion.

If Kane was so good why did he not win the footballer of the year award?

No agenda but unlike so many on here I see best as most influential across the piece.

The fuck does all that even mean???? ....Why do you always sound like a bad dose of Google translate?

Kane was not the best player last season and would not have been in my top 3 so 'No chance is right.

What a load of arse.....

In terms of doing their job...... Kane was the man.

I 100% dislike any player who disrespects Spurs. Thought this was a forum of Spurs fans.

I had the same attitude to Rose when he went rogue.

Many posters on here and if they are honest will note that I have long said Kane does not produce in the biggest moments. No change in my stance.

What I won't accept is over the top praise when I don't think it's due.

Prior to this nonsense my only comment was simply as above. Now I think the bloke has shown my club contempt and disdain.

It appears others are more forgiving. Not me.

But hate - don't be silly.

I will give you this though. If me saying Kane is the best player in the PL can secure 160 million cash then I am prepared to lie.

but he is one of the best players in the premier league, hence why Spurs are putting up an almighty fight to keep him and are putting on world record price tags on his head. He is the best striker in Europe. Spurs are better with Kane than they are without him. You have never liked or rated him.

but he is one of the best players in the premier league, hence why Spurs are putting up an almighty fight to keep him and are putting on world record price tags on his head. He is the best striker in Europe. Spurs are better with Kane than they are without him. You have never liked or rated him.
Kane is not the best striker in Europe but we should put a hefty price on his signature.

And we are better with a committed Kane than a Kane who could not give a flying fcuk about the fans who idolise him.

Ruben Dias.... Which was bollocks. Wasn't even their best CB half the time..... Saw him get clowned a couple of times.

Not Kane then unless the people who voted were dyslexic.

I just see best as the one who dominates and not just numbers.

It is a metric I have always applied and is not anti-Kane but anti stats without context.

Mate, not in my book he wasn't. No chance.
Read Book Club GIF

It is a metric I have always applied and is not anti-Kane but anti stats without context.

So in this case the context is - Dias plays at the EPL winning club who've spent a billion pounds on players, most games he had bugger all defending to do as City had 70% possession, whereas Kane played at the 7th ranked club who went through a manager change mid-season, where he had to create or take the limited chances that came his way ...

So clearly in that context you think Kane had the easier task - is that really what you're claiming?

Again... The debate wasn't who the EPL awarded it to. Otherwise why even indulge such a debate to start with????

The argument was who ACTUALLY deserved it.

It is a metric I have always applied and is

Still...... None of your top 3 made the cut.... So much for your metric eh, Yoda.

not anti-Kane but anti stats without context.

Take away Kane's goals and assists; Spurs finish god knows how low in the table.

His output in a team finishing 7th is insane.

How does that not qualify as a dominant season???? By your logic we'd had to have won the league for Kane to have figured, which is dumb Balon Dor type of thinking.

The fact that you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge Kane as top 3 is a joke!

Last edited:
Just think, in the last few days, it might have been the case that Lionel Messi was imagining a move to Spurs. You know, he might have been thinking about. Weighing it up. We'll likely never know, but we might have been a baw hair away fae signing Messi. There's something nice about that. There is. If you look at it the right way.

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Spurs fan from Brazil living in Norway!

Why don't we just sell Kane? Why do so many supporters want to keep a player that by all reports, is not happy here?

If the reports of a £120 mil bid + Bernardo Silva are to be believed, i'd be cheeky if I were Levy and I'd ask for them to include Laporte.

If we can get that money + these two high level players in for Kane, i'd go:

- Damsgaard - £35 mil
- Lautaro Martinez - £55mil
- Barella or Brozovic - (between 60 - 25 mil depending on who you go for).
- Tomiyasu - 20 mil

Sell our disgruntled talisman and start again. We'd probably be a far far better team from it.

Gollini (or Lloris)
Tomiyasu Romero Laporte Reguilon
Barella/Brozovic PEH
Bernardo Damsgaard Son
Martinez

Subs (any 7 of):

Lloris/Gollini
Tanganga
Rodon
Sessegnon
Lucas
Skipp
GLC
Dele
Bergwijn
Gil
Winks
Scarlett
Dier
Aurier

(Apols if I missed anyone)

Try to sell or offload (if possible):

Sissoko
Sanchez
Ndombele (was a massive fan of his but not showing up fit to pre-season is unacceptable)
Doherty

Just my thoughts.

Don't think we can get Vlahovic. He'll renew with Fiorentina and with the new direction they are going in new coach in Vincenzo Italiano and with Burdisso in charge of player recruitment (already splashed out 25 mil on Nico Gonzalez), they want him to be the centre of the new project to go along with the young, exciting players they are buying and their very promising, attacking manager. I reckon Fiorentina may do a renaissance and do a Napoli/Atalanta in the Serie A in that they become a strong and attractive club to follow.

Last edited:
Just think, in the last few days, it might have been the case that Lionel Messi was imagining a move to Spurs. You know, he might have been thinking about. Weighing it up. We'll likely never know, but we might have been a baw hair away fae signing Messi. There's something nice about that. There is. If you look at it the right way.

Reminds me of the time I saw Cameron Diaz walk past me at a movie premier and my little wiggler was within 6ft of her minge.

Reminds me of the time I saw Cameron Diaz walk past me at a movie premier and my little wiggler was within 6ft of her minge.

I accidentally bumped into Kelly Brook in Soho once and inadvertanly copped a handfull of her tits.... Life's been downhill from there tbh. :(

I also had a curry at the next table to Paul Weller once.... He was sat behind me and was close enough to smell my farts! 👊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom