Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Bruyne is the best but Kane got the most goals and assists in the league last season
Last season 100% he was the best.
The truly world class players in the Premier League are De Bruyne, Salah, Van Dijk, Kante, Kane.

Bruno, Sterling, Sonny, Mane, Dias, Andy Robertson, Bernardo Silva, there are a number of players close, and guys like Havertz or Grealish or Sancho who are potentially elevating to that level, but that five stand apart for me.

Thinking Bruno Fernandes was player of the season ahead of Kane is so fucking hilarious that it completely invalidates any future opinions or views from said poster, in my opinion.

The truly world class players in the Premier League are De Bruyne, Salah, Van Dijk, Kante, Kane.

Bruno, Sterling, Sonny, Mane, Dias, Andy Robertson, Bernardo Silva, there are a number of players close, and guys like Havertz or Grealish or Sancho who are potentially elevating to that level, but that five stand apart for me.
You dont rate son in the second group 🤔

You dont rate son in the second group 🤔

My apologies i missed sonny 🙈

Don't be a pussy.... Tell us who was.

Notabadsquad

lost-john-travolta.gif

Let’s say he wasn’t , the comment “ no chance” means he was not even close . Your agenda is transparent and pretty tedious , can you give it a rest . I think even the Dalai Lama knows you don’t rate Kane now.

No agenda whatsoever in truth.

Kane was poor in the games against the better teams and it's as simple as that.

In terms of giving us sonething special I concede that no problem but in the PL? As I said no chance.

De Bruyne for one. Rice was better in what influence he had in the round. Stones was better in the round. And there are more but irrespective of any differing view in my list there were players who performed better in the times of need and against all opponents in my opinion.

If Kane was so good why did he not win the footballer of the year award?

No agenda but unlike so many on here I see best as most influential across the piece.

Kane was not the best player last season and would not have been in my top 3 so 'No chance is right.

Last edited:

In terms of giving us sonething special I concede that no problem but in the PL? As I said no chance.

De Bruyne for one. Rice was better in what influence he had in the round. Stones was better in the round. And there are more but irrespective of any differing view if my list there were players who performed better in the times of need and against all opponents in my opinion.

If Kane was so good why did he not win the footballer of the year award?

No agenda but unlike so many on here I see best as most influential across the piece.

Kane was not the best player last season and would not have been in my top 3 so 'No chance is right.

you 100% hate Kane mate. Very strange from a Spurs fan and this was way before the City situation. Just grow a set of balls mate and admit you don’t particularly like or rate Kane. You would probably get bashed for it, but people would respect you if you stopped beating around the bush. You don’t like him and never have done, simple as

De Bruyne for one. Rice was better in what influence he had in the round. Stones was better in the round. And there are more.

If Kane was so good why did he not win the footballer if the year award?

That's your opinion - however he was in the top three of nearly every journalist, commentator, current and ex professional and about 99% of fans ....

Most goals and most assists playing in a mid-table side? the only player in EPL history to achieve that not in a top four side? and yet you say 'no chance' top three .... maybe football isn't your game .....

the only player in EPL history to achieve that not in a top four side?
Had anyone ever done it in any side?

It's natural that at end-of-season awards time people overrate the end of the season and the conclusions drawn therefrom where Spurs proved to be a very pedestrian side.

But we topped the table through 12 rounds, with Kane and Son being a more dominant dual force over that stretch than the PL has ever seen. Nobody else in the league peaked as high as that. And then in Kane's case there was consistent production and complete footballer over the course of the whole season, more so than Sonny.

Kane's talents are legion, and the ability to get even his own fans to keep doubting him seems to be one of them.

Last edited:
That's your opinion - however he was in the top three of nearly every journalist, commentator, current and ex professional and about 99% of fans ....

Most goals and most assists playing in a mid-table side? the only player in EPL history to achieve that not in a top four side? and yet you say 'no chance' top three .... maybe football isn't your game .....

he just doesn’t like Kane mate. Exactly the same with Sammy. Just hasn’t got the balls to admit it.

you 100% hate Kane mate. Very strange from a Spurs fan and this was way before the City situation. Just grow a set of balls mate and admit you don’t particularly like or rate Kane. You would probably get bashed for it, but people would respect you if you stopped beating around the bush. You don’t like him and never have done, simple as

I 100% dislike any player who disrespects Spurs. Thought this was a forum of Spurs fans.

I had the same attitude to Rose when he went rogue.

Many posters on here and if they are honest will note that I have long said Kane does not produce in the biggest moments. No change in my stance.

What I won't accept is over the top praise when I don't think it's due.

Prior to this nonsense my only comment was simply as above. Now I think the bloke has shown my club contempt and disdain.

It appears others are more forgiving. Not me.

But hate - don't be silly.

I will give you this though. If me saying Kane is the best player in the PL can secure 160 million cash then I am prepared to lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom