Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very ordinary signing that would be. He's perfectly decent, but it would be under-whelming.
We desperately need a Winkssoko upgrade. We don't want to have to rely on either of those in any meaningful way this season. We don't need them taking up two spaces on the bench.

Ndombele is awol and can't be relied upon. Gio has had plenty of fitness issues.

Having another Hojberg-type ( even more versatile as he can play wingback) would be very welcome and a great addition to the squad.

Our midfield situation is such that we simply need competent, energetic and fit bodies in there. We don't need worldbeaters (see James Milner/Henderson for reference).

We desperately need a Winkssoko upgrade. We don't want to have to rely on either of those in any meaningful way this season. We don't need them taking up two spaces on the bench.

Ndombele is awol and can't be relied upon. Gio has had plenty of fitness issues.

Having another Hojberg-type ( even more versatile as he can play wingback) would be very welcome and a great addition to the squad.

Our midfield situation is such that we simply need competent, energetic and fit bodies in there. We don't need worldbeaters (see James Milner/Henderson for reference).

From what I've seen of him he's not much of an upgrade. Like I said, in my opinion he's a pretty average player. Being slightly better than Winks doesn't really count for a lot. Not the type of signing we should be making right now when we're crying out for more creativity.

From what I've seen of him he's not much of an upgrade. Like I said, in my opinion he's a pretty average player. Being slightly better than Winks doesn't really count for a lot. Not the type of signing we should be making right now when we're crying out for more creativity.
I guess I'll trust Paratici's judgement over yours.

He looks combative and can take care of the ball under pressure, polar opposite to Winkssoko.

We looked pretty creative on the weekend.

I guess I'll trust Paratici's judgement over yours.

He looks combative and can take care of the ball under pressure, polar opposite to Winkssoko.

We looked pretty creative on the weekend.

Ahh, the old "You're not allowed your own opinion because someone more important..." schtick. Because managers and directors of football always get it right. 100% of the time.

Boring as fuck. In that case forums shouldn't even exist.

No, that was misleading, according to the man himself...

dance dancing GIF by Neurads

Our midfield is an unco-ordinated jumble. We should be sorting it out bit by bit.

Start with the genuine DM and go from there, instead of "well he's decent..." or "can do a job" or "least of our worries" type players

He looks decent enough, I like the idea of him, seems to have a great attitude, versatile etc. Would be a good squad player if he cost 12m ... seeing that the total deal could amount to €30m would make me think very differently.

Nahitan Nandez: Tottenham make approach for Cagliari midfielder​

Never heard of him but seems versatile.
Ndombele got excited when he heard we were going for Nandez.
Then he got sad when he realised he had misheard Nandos.

Our midfield is an unco-ordinated jumble. We should be sorting it out bit by bit.

Start with the genuine DM and go from there, instead of "well he's decent..." or "can do a job" or "least of our worries" type players
Nope.

Our uncoordinated mess of a midfield seemed to do well against one of the world's best teams.

In Skipp, PEH and Gio we have players very well suited to a midfield 3.

Dele seems to be growing into the role. Ndombele in theory should also be suited to it but he can't be arsed.

Add another player similar to Skipp/Hojberg to that mix and phase out Winkssoko and we are in a good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom