Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A way of telling from the Spurs OS whether it's a loan or not is in the contract.
Emerson Royal has signed a contract until 2026
Cristian Romero has signed and will wear the no4 shirt.

I agree with some of it but Aurier won the negs in my view . I do not know if we paid up his contract and he leaves on a free, or we mutually cancelled his contract and he leaves on a free. Either way we wanted to sell him and he refused , resulting in either pay off and no fee , or simply no fee . Serge will now get a better deal from his next club. We can‘t spin this as a master stroke by Levy with us calling the shots.

That said I am glad he is gone and I would not object to a couple more going the same way , but our new DOF was not successful in moving Aurier on, fair play to him for shifting Toby and Sissoko though, I think both going are big wins
Levy got levied by aurier. Aurier won clearly as we had to pay up his contract. Aurier didn’t let levy bully him in this one. The levy lovers won’t like that so will say it’s a levy masterstroke no matter what.

Bergwjin has about 3 in 18 months. Moura scores a few then goes 18 months without scoring. Scarlett may as well have not played in Portugal the other night.
No, Vinicious wasn't setting the world alight, but he allowed Kane to have a break. Not sure the other facilitate that.
It's all about context, Vinicius didn't score a winner against City or score a hat-trick to get us to a CL final...

Bergwjin has about 3 in 18 months. Moura scores a few then goes 18 months without scoring. Scarlett may as well have not played in Portugal the other night.
No, Vinicious wasn't setting the world alight, but he allowed Kane to have a break. Not sure the other facilitate that.
Vini seemed like a good guy, but a centre forward who can't trap a bag of cement isn't worth much. Paying the asking price for him would have been criminal.

Does anyone know where to find a list of 'transfer spending' + 'profits from sales' by English clubs? I heard on the radio last night that, despite buying Lukaku, Chelsea have ended up in overal profit for this window. For example, I know Woolwich spent more than anyone else, but I'd like to know how much they recouped in sales too.
This sort of thing ?

It's all about context, Vinicius didn't score a winner against City or score a hat-trick to get us to a CL final...
He also didn't miss 2 sitters at 1-1 away to Liverpool, or spend 10 matches in a row doing not much more than fall over for free kicks we have no chance of scoring from.
Swings and round abouts. those 2 players aren't proper forwards and can't even hold the ball up like a forward.

We're gonna need serious tactical shift to replace the goals without the players we've lost.

Levy got levied by aurier. Aurier won clearly as we had to pay up his contract. Aurier didn’t let levy bully him in this one. The levy lovers won’t like that so will say it’s a levy masterstroke no matter what.

If we were paying him his full wage for the remainder of his contract, we wouldn't have released him. There is no point to us doing that.

Rules are different pretty much every single window.

Look up a Sissoko highlight reel. It's better viewing than a Winks highlight reel, which consists almost exclusively of 5 yard passes to Toby.
Both absolutely horrendous. Just glad to get rid of one, two would have been sweet but hey ho FO Sissoko, Winksy enjoy the six starts you get in the ECL league stages - I won’t be watching

Both absolutely horrendous. Just glad to get rid of one, two would have been sweet but hey ho FO Sissoko, Winksy enjoy the six starts you get in the ECL league stages - I won’t be watching
Yeah Sissoko wasn't good enough, but at least he provided some excitement in the way he played for about 2 seasons. He dribbled past players for fun, used his superior strength to bully players and did a bit of everything.

The hate was excessive. We have had, and continue to have worse players.

Good luck to him. He's a genuine decent fella.

You forgot

Bale out - nobody in
Vinicius out - nobody in

Reminder we came 7th last season, we needed more than minor upgrades on a few positions.

I’m convinced anyone saying this is a great window would of said it was a shit one had they been shown it in May, and had we not had such a great start to the season more would be calling out levy.
The levy lovers will do a 180 on their opinion to match supporting him. Jose a toxic dinosaur, levy appoints him, serial winner!
We could have just had a clear out & the levy fans would have said great window.

Yeah Sissoko wasn't good enough, but at least he provided some excitement in the way he played for about 2 seasons. He dribbled past players for fun, used his superior strength to bully players and did a bit of everything.

The hate was excessive. We have had, and continue to have worse players.

Good luck to him. He's a genuine decent fella.
Agree, decent fella but he could hardly muster a jog last season - couple that with the complete lack of football flair and basic skill required to be a pro, means I will arrange a party to toast his exit this weekend. Packets on me, au revoir merde you happy useless oaf

Vini seemed like a good guy, but a centre forward who can't trap a bag of cement isn't worth much. Paying the asking price for him would have been criminal.

It was never a genuine asking price mate..... Just a purposely high clause to protect an asset just in case he blossomed (also see Gedson).

In reality, we could have had him for little more than the 10m PDV paid (give or take a little EPL tax.... Which I'd evidently becoming a think these days).

You forgot

Bale out - nobody in
Vinicius out - nobody in

Reminder we came 7th last season, we needed more than minor upgrades on a few positions.

I’m convinced anyone saying this is a great window would of said it was a shit one had they been shown it in May, and had we not had such a great start to the season more would be calling out levy.
It’s a tweak for the short term but a smart window for the medium term IMO

What it means, is that if even Sissoko has some pretty good youtube clips, then no one should be scouted used youtube.
i fully agree with you, sissoko had his uses and for two years like it or not was actually an important player for us. he at least had strengths that overpowered everyone else on the pitch in terms of his power running...winks offers us nothing but self inflicted stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom