Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs had enough money (borrowing power) to spend ONE BILLION POUNDS on a stadium.

To people with their eyes closed, this comes across as baseless moaning, but these discussions need to be had to encourage critical thinking and objective analysis of the pattern that we find ourselves in.
I'm miffed we're a bit tight on player fees and salaries, but the stadium debt isn't the same as player spending.

The bank gave me 300k to buy a flat in London, the bank wouldn't give me a 300k credit card though.

Does anyone know where to find a list of 'transfer spending' + 'profits from sales' by English clubs? I heard on the radio last night that, despite buying Lukaku, Chelsea have ended up in overal profit for this window. For example, I know Woolwich spent more than anyone else, but I'd like to know how much they recouped in sales too.

How nice is it to recognise that never again will we have to watch Sissoko coming on with 25 mins to go and the whole team's performance turning to shit as we try to 'see out the game'.

Or Aurier switching off like clockwork every 85th min and doing something stupid.

Lovely stuff.
It is a blessed relief that someone (Paratici, Nuno, or hopefully both...) walked into the club this summer, looked at Sissoko and said "this guy is fucking dreadful, he's never kicking a ball in a Spurs shirt again", or words to that effect.

Fuck knows why that didn't happen sooner, and serious questions have to be asked of the staff pre-Nuno/Paratici.

Does anyone know where to find a list of 'transfer spending' + 'profits from sales' by English clubs? I heard on the radio last night that, despite buying Lukaku, Chelsea have ended up in overal profit for this window. For example, I know Woolwich spent more than anyone else, but I'd like to know how much they recouped in sales too.

This might help

Transfermarkt will have lists of all incomings and outgoings. I know that it's essentially a hobby for someone (or at least was set up as such) but seems as reliable a source as any other.

EDIT - I see BC beat me to it.

Transfermarkt will have lists of all incomings and outgoings. I know that it's essentially a hobby for someone (or at least was set up as such) but seems as reliable a source as any other.

EDIT - I see BC beat me to it.
I think all their values are crowd-sourced rather than based on either stats or expert opinion, which is an interesting way to do it.

OUT: Abraham (£36m) Zouma (£31.5m) Tomori (£26.28m) and a couple players out on loan.

IN: Lukaku (£103.5m) and Saul on loan.

Tammy Abraham being worth £36m is an absolute joke. Clearly Jose doing his former club a favour.

To people with their eyes closed, this comes across as baseless moaning, but these discussions need to be had to encourage critical thinking and objective analysis of the pattern that we find ourselves in.

You may not realise it but the "dicsussions" have been had over and over and over (you're not somehow profoundly 'awoken' here!)... Time and time again, the arguments such as your comments about the stadium are proven to be full of gaping holes and often ridden with barefaced lies about how the owners are stealing money.

They sold about 20 players apparently. But I also think they fabricate the prices they sell for.

Two that I would have liked in the window were Lingard and Ings.

I can see the logic of not getting Ings ... a 29 year old to sit on the bench most of the time. Not sure if we ever asked about Lingard, maybe United wouldn't sell to us, maybe we thought 28 was a bit too old and he plays in basically the same position as Son. According to the media though (for what that is worth) they would have let him go to West Ham, but West Ham pulled out of the talks.

With them we could have sat Son and Kane in the European thing and in domestic cups and still be confident of getting results.

The loan with obligation to buy of Emerson and Romero just means we've not only not spent in this summer, we've already racked up spending against the next one without adding any new players.

It just pushes the amortization back into future accounts.
Is there any way out of an obligation to buy?

The loan with obligation to buy of Emerson and Romero just means we've not only not spent in this summer, we've already racked up spending against the next one without adding any new players.

It just pushes the amortization back into future accounts.

It's a 5 year deal....

She might have been able to replace him, but I don't think Lucas, Bergwjin or Scarlett will. They'd struggle to match his goal tally if you added theirs together.
One league goal in a 2-0 win at Villa, a hat-trick against Marine in a 5-0 win and six in the Europa League that I couldn't be arsed looking up....fucking stellar...

For the
So we are not obliged to buy him?
No, we have an option.

I've said it and linked to the story with every single major news outlet previously.
Option, not obligation.
What I do believe is that Atalanta can't stop us making it permanent and the intention of option over obligation is to send him back if he had a serious injury.

One league goal in a 2-0 win at Villa, a hat-trick against Marine in a 5-0 win and six in the Europa League that I couldn't be arsed looking up....fucking stellar...

Bergwjin has about 3 in 18 months. Moura scores a few then goes 18 months without scoring. Scarlett may as well have not played in Portugal the other night.
No, Vinicious wasn't setting the world alight, but he allowed Kane to have a break. Not sure the other facilitate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom