Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sell Hojberg for a reasonable fee.

Annoys me how everyone says he has had a great season.

Just because the rest have been shit, doesn't make him good.
It makes his position less of a priority than elsewhere and we won’t be selling and replacing 3/4 of the squad this summer, no matter what people think.

So enjoy being annoyed you cuck.

P.S sorry for calling you a cuck. I’m drunk, and just had a half hour snoring doze on the sofa and now I’m fully out of it

bus-conductor bus-conductor RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK what's your opinion on Maxence Caqueret this year? His numbers are pretty insane. 30 pressures a game. 3.94 tackles. All per 90. 10 more pressures a game then PEH, who I am not a huge fan of, but is a presser if anything else.

I love this kid after watching him last year, but havent had the chance to watch much this year

If you could get 30M for him and a few packets of crisps for Winks and Sissoko, elevate Skipp and then go out and recruit a proper 6 and a proper 8 you might be looking at a much stronger midfield, but I don't trust Levy/Hitchen to pull off any of those moves well enough to make selling what we have in PEH a net improvement.
Dont think anyone would pay 30m for him. :(

But what about Jack Clark - I know I was laughing when I wrote it. Jack Clark. £15m. Astonishing
Wasn’t Jack Clarke a fringe player at Leeds when we signed him? what I am saying is that he seemed more of a punt when we signed him.

Olise was championship young player of the year and is class. I watch a lot of Reading because my old man is a board member of the supporters trust (I even used to have a season ticket) and the lad has been superb ever since he come into the first team. Reading also had the perfect back up left back for us in Omar Richards, however he is going to Bayern Munich on a free (according to my dad).

I would sell any of our current squad with the exception of reguillon and sonny. I’m just fed up of the lot of them to be honest.

Whilst I have thoughts on who we should sign (Botman and Olise) we need an overall strategy applied to the type of players we go after to fit a particular style of play. The lack of managerial appointment and the Euros means that implementing a proper recruitment strategy to fit our actual needs is going to be really difficult. As a result I agree with one of the earlier posts that rather than doing things properly we are going to need one hero player to rescue us

I would sell any of our current squad with the exception of reguillon and sonny. I’m just fed up of the lot of them to be honest.

Whilst I have thoughts on who we should sign (Botman and Olise) we need an overall strategy applied to the type of players we go after to fit a particular style of play. The lack of managerial appointment and the Euros means that implementing a proper recruitment strategy to fit our actual needs is going to be really difficult. As a result I agree with one of the earlier posts that rather than doing things properly we are going to need one hero player to rescue us

Son was terrible Wednesday like he has been since December. Lacking in effort so badly it was embarrassing. I was sat there purposely watching him and his lack of willingness to get on the ball was amazing. Remember back to when Lloris had an argument with him v Everton, well he was putting in even less effort than then by a long way.

bus-conductor bus-conductor RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK what's your opinion on Maxence Caqueret this year? His numbers are pretty insane. 30 pressures a game. 3.94 tackles. All per 90. 10 more pressures a game then PEH, who I am not a huge fan of, but is a presser if anything else.

I love this kid after watching him last year, but havent had the chance to watch much this year
I adore him, but I think he may be too small for English football. Also a question mark over his defensive instincts.

This time last week I was hoping now I'm moping.
But..looking forward to next season 😒
2nd leg Brentford v Bournemouth 12:30 Toney v CCV round 2.
CCV easily won round one.

Does anyone know why Richarlison's numbers are not better? I am watching West Ham v Everton, and everything is good. I couldn't fault a single aspect of his performance here. I know he's theatrical, and I know people hate him for it, but fucking hell, he can control a football.

Wasn’t Jack Clarke a fringe player at Leeds when we signed him? what I am saying is that he seemed more of a punt when we signed him.

Olise was championship young player of the year and is class. I watch a lot of Reading because my old man is a board member of the supporters trust (I even used to have a season ticket) and the lad has been superb ever since he come into the first team. Reading also had the perfect back up left back for us in Omar Richards, however he is going to Bayern Munich on a free (according to my dad).
He’s fucking brilliant

We could sign peak Messi and Ronaldinho but unless we have a clear out of all the bottle jobs useless footballers stealing a wage for a living it won’t matter! We can’t have such weak minded players in the squad or we will never win anything , it doesn’t matter who the manager is!
The likes of Dier, Winks, Dele, Docherty, Davies, Lamela , Sissoko, Sanchez , Aurier even Lucas are not good enough! Unfortunately there is no way Levy gets rid of even half of these cunts so it really doesn’t matter who we sign as the core of our squad will be made up of players who just aren’t good enough physically or mentally!

We could sign peak Messi and Ronaldinho but unless we have a clear out of all the bottle jobs useless footballers stealing a wage for a living it won’t matter! We can’t have such weak minded players in the squad or we will never win anything , it doesn’t matter who the manager is!
The likes of Dier, Winks, Dele, Docherty, Davies, Lamela , Sissoko, Sanchez , Aurier even Lucas are not good enough! Unfortunately there is no way Levy gets rid of even half of these cunts so it really doesn’t matter who we sign as the core of our squad will be made up of players who just aren’t good enough physically or mentally!
Agreed, but I think the problem is that nobody wants to buy them, at least nowhere near the amounts we would need.

I’d like to see us just dump they all and move on, but that’s just not realistic. Yes, we could try to fire sale them all off but may not find anyone to cover some of their wages and then have less funds for new acquisitions.

That isn’t defending Levy at all but just acknowledging even if he wanted to sell them all we likely can’t, or if we did we are going to be digging at the bottom of the barrel for new players. This is ultimately why Poch was let go. It was easier and less costly than replacing the majority of a team. We are back to being in the same situation as then but with some even more expensive players and higher wages than before.

He’s got some really likeable qualities, he’s a busy little fucker, pretty tenacious and technically good.

My only issue would be finding a distinct role for him in certain structures. He’s not your robust 6 type that could anchor your midfield (Lyon generally use Mendes or Guimaraes for that) and I don’t think he’s super creative/incisive in an 8 type remit (which is why Paqueta has played there instead a lot).

He’s just one of those good all rounders who doesn’t quite excel at at anything and maybe lacks a bit of physicality.

I’d happily have him here instead of Winks and Sissoko, but there are a few others I’d have ahead of him on my wish list.

Get toney in. Blokes an animal. Drogba esk

Brentford in the Championship play off finals - so will need to wait and see whether they win those to see if Toney is likely to become available (really cannot see Toney leaving Brentford if they are promoted to PL.

But it does open the question as to whether there is anyone we would take from Bournemouth into our squad - I'd guess David Brooks might be the best option as a creative mid (5 goals & 7 assists in 26 starts plus off bench) often played as RW where he might be a better alternative to Lamela/Moura ? Still only age 23, and one season in PL . And HG

Moving onto the League 1 playoffs and Eyoma has another start at Lincoln City (vesus Sunderland where Lincoln have a 2-0 start after the first leg).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom