Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely there’s a mid table team (other than United) in for him. Would start at any team outside the top 6.

WH want him..... But he wants 200kpw........ (Allegedly)

Doubt any MLS club would pay him that amount though...... He's no franchise mega-star.

Suprising Newcastle wouldn't be in the mix though. Mind you, they have the ex-Brighton DOF now perhaps not his style.....

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm absolutely disagreeing. It's all too easy to look at someone who earns much more than you and judge them, without remembering that you earn much more than other people in the world. It's all relative - there is no more reason for a £80k footballer to halve his salary than for you to halve yours, and there is no more or less impact on the resulting lifestyles - both you and him would have to change your lifestyles if you halved your wage.

You say that 'if someone has outgoings of £50k a week they need to take a long hard look at themselves', yet you seem to fail to realise that people who earn far less than you or me would probably look at our outgoings and say something similar. As I say, it's all relative.

I think what Matt1882 is saying is that there comes a point where you really need to try hard to spend more money. Someone living in a one-bedroom and driving a Peugeot can easily upgrade to a 3- or 4-bedroom and drive a Benz, if his salary allows him to. But someone who already lives in a 4-bedroom and drives a Benz would be hard pressed to upgrade further, unless he went for a small castle and a stable of exotic cars. And not everyone does that. So leftover income would be a larger proportion of one's income.

And, of course, it also depends on the person. I don't know Winks, but he doesn't strike me like the type who would go for the small castle and stable of exotic cars. Same with Kane, Davies, Hobby, and several other players. So, I do think that in his case what Matt said is probably closer to the truth.

Nailed it. I even set out what kind of mortgage he'd have to have to scale it up proportionality to the rest of us. It would be a £10m+ property and that's not what he's got. He drives a modest vehicle for a millionaire.

I know wealthy people with huge properties that drive Ferarri's. They earn great money. But not £50k a week money.
Likely not 'even' 7 figures a year. Their massive houses are £3-5m not £10m

Anyone on £50k a week and living close to spending it, even after 50% tax, on almost all of it is REALLY going some. Like, insane spending.
It would be like a real life Brewsters Millions.

Who said that mate?
Meryl Streep Thank You GIF by patternbase

"I stand by my skills at reading the tea leaves"

Back
Top Bottom