Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From The Athlietic.

If true surely Sarr would eventually count as HG.

William Saliba is another interesting example. The France international, born in Paris, counts as a homegrown player because he has been on Woolwich’s books and listed in their Premier League squad for three seasons before his 21st birthday.
I've just read up on this. Woolwich used a loophole in which despite Saliba being out on loan, they registered him in their PL squad anyway, meaning he counts as HG in the PL. I'm surprised it's legal and I'm sure it wouldn't have been allowed if the team they were loaning him to were in a European comp (if Woolwich also were).

Sarr I don't believe was registered in our PL squad, but even if he was, he would only count as HG in the PL, but wouldn't in UEFA comps.

"A good day to bury bad news"

I reckon today is the day they announce we've tied down Winks and Ndombele on long term 6 year contracts!!!

Woolwich used a loophole

I expect Lenglet & Spence will be announced tomorrow, too much smoke without there being a fire and we all know Conte wants them on the plane to South Korea.

Back
Top Bottom