Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy announces new shirt sponsorship for 2022/2023 season.

il_340x270.3943964167_2xjc.jpg

Winks is around Brighton level, no?

So, if you're Brighton; you're thinking......

"Hmmmm.... You know that dominant, strong, pressing MF we just sold.... I know just the guy to replace him! .......Get me Harry Winks's agent!"

????

(I thought you may have read something.... But seemingly not.)

Mate, clubs have to actually want a player; you can't just wish them into being interested via the internet.

Last edited:
Mate, clubs have actually want a player; you can just make them interested by wishful thinking on the internet.
This is a transfer thread on a forum, how do you expect me to make Brighton interested?

"Hmmmm.... You know that dominant, strong, pressing MF we just sold.... I know just the guy to replace him! .......Get me Harry Wink's agent!"

???
They're not going to find another player as good as Bissouma, but a Winks Caicedo midfield partnership is around what you'd expect for a mid table PL club.

After reading The Sun and finding out that he's not among Leipzig's top-10 earners, I hope Gvardiol will storm into his chairman's office and demand a transfer to Spurs 😎

Christopher Nkunku is RB Leipzig's top earner after signing a new contract's top earner after signing a new contract
He's going to sign a contract this summer with much higher wages and a buy out clause where he can leave next summer for an acceptable sum to Leipzig, but not outrageous for buying clubs. Nkunku just did the same thing with a 60m buy out clause for next summer, which is probably less than he's worth.

It's generally how they do Leipzig do business, keep their players well-paid enough and are able to entice them into staying a couple extra years because they're on solid wages and have release clauses that they know other clubs will pay and Leipzig will let them go with no hassle. It's a great model for a club like Leipzig tbh.

Back up for Dier , would be damn useful to go into the season with a back 3 that can be any of Sachez,Dier,Romero,Lenglet,Torres,Davies

Reguilon is out of favour at Tottenham and Spurs boss Antonio Conte is ready to let him depart north London as he reshapes the squad ahead of his first full season in charge.

The defender’s former club Sevilla have been asked if they would like to take him back to Spain, according to Spanish outlet Mucho Deporte, and there is interest.

Sevilla are in the market for a left-back, but have indicated they would need very favourable conditions to sign Reguilon.

The Spanish side would want a loan without an obligation to buy.

Grealish is key IMO. Despite bad production on a surface level, he actually created quite a lot of big chances statistically. With another year settling he could be a good option off the left to create for someone like Haaland.
He’s exactly why Haaland why might struggle. He thrives on early balls, running into space from behind whereas City and Grealish don’t play that way. I suspect they will try and mix it up more but doesn’t mean it will work

Transfer News: Everton and Southampton want to sign Japhet Tanganga
According to Sportitalia journalist Gianluigi Longari (via Sport Witness) [h/t Football. London], Everton and Southampton have approached Tottenham over a loan deal for talented defender Japhet Tanganga.

A product of the Spurs academy since 2015, Tanganga is one of the most talented players coming out of the youth setup in recent years. Making his breakthrough under former manager Jose Mourinho, Tanganga was destined for greatness.

A solid defender who can play in multiple positions, Tanganga is a coach’s delight. The English footballer can play as a centre-back, at right-back, left-back and even as a right-midfielder sometimes.
Tanganga has struggled during his recent season with a huge injury disrupting his campaign since January. This meant that the English defender was unable to establish himself under Antonio Conte.

The 23-year-old defender played 19 times for Spurs this season, failing to score or assist across all competitions. Despite a dismal season, there is no doubt that Tanganga possesses a lot of potential.

It has now emerged that Tanganga might not feature in Antonio Conte’s plans going into next season and there are clubs that are interested in snapping up the talented Englishman ahead of next season.

Bournemouth and AC Milan were linked with Tanganga in recent weeks but it has now emerged that Everton and Southampton have approached Spurs for the possibility of loaning in the English defender.

This is an option that might be better for Spurs instead of selling him since it is evident that Tanganga has immense talent. He might not have a place at N17 right now but things could change in the future.

He's going to sign a contract this summer with much higher wages and a buy out clause where he can leave next summer for an acceptable sum to Leipzig, but not outrageous for buying clubs. Nkunku just did the same thing with a 60m buy out clause for next summer, which is probably less than he's worth.

It's generally how they do Leipzig do business, keep their players well-paid enough and are able to entice them into staying a couple extra years because they're on solid wages and have release clauses that they know other clubs will pay and Leipzig will let them go with no hassle. It's a great model for a club like Leipzig tbh.

It also lets the player negotiate huge signing bonus plus agent fees etc. I suspect you’ll find that the buy out clause is cheap on paper but when all said and done it’s actually expensive for the buying club. I’ve read Haaland was around 100 million when finalised (minus wages). Running contracts down and this type of contract seems to be the two new kids on the block in terms of agent tactics - can’t recall a time when I’ve seen so many free agents.

Back
Top Bottom