Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some numbers from last season on DJ

1e3e8a8d-c0a3-4e28-9023-0f111f9e926c

I don’t know about the singing of a big AM, what I am concerned about is the lack of announcement for permanent signing of Romero??? Isn’t Kulusevski also on a loan deal?? Has this been announced? After Son and Kane I consider Romero the most important player in the squad.

I don’t know about the singing of a big AM, what I am concerned about is the lack of announcement for permanent signing of Romero??? Isn’t Kulusevski also on a loan deal?? Has this been announced? After Son and Kane I consider Romero the most important player in the squad.
Are you worried we just aren’t going to sign them? That’s absurd. Of course we are going to sign them. It’s already been mentioned both are going to sign full contracts but we aren’t going to be paying for either of them till next summer so why announce now?

It probably does us no good to announce it early. I’m sure it will be announced before the end of the window. The only benefit would be if we want to get another player in on loan and need to clear up a loan spot.

Even John Thomas John Thomas is happy with this summer’s spending. Wtf are we witnessing rn? An underwhelming transfer market?

We’ve had a good transfer market. Spending wise (like I already just said) by the time we’re done with sales our net spend is not going to be high. At all. Our competitors will spend more net on a single player.

That in itself isn’t a problem. You and your ilk going about non existent super high spending and how it’s definitely gonna happen is.

Eriksen to UTD hurts.

I get the arguments against and, as appears to be the case, his wage demands might be too much, but he’s an excellent football player who was one of the main reasons we were such a good team under Poch.

I also worry that he’s just the sort of intelligent, hardworking midfielder that will help the idiots control football games.
I love Eriksen for being part of a special team but I hope Romero sends him 5 feet up into the air.

I do wonder how tight the agreements are for Romero and Kulu.
IE, what if another team comes in for them and they do a heel turn on us?
Southampton thought Alderwiereld was theirs.

We’ve had a good transfer market. Spending wise (like I already just said) by the time we’re done with sales our net spend is not going to be high. At all. Our competitors will spend more net on a single player.

That in itself isn’t a problem. You and your ilk going about non existent super high spending and how it’s definitely gonna happen is.
“Your ilk” - ooof. Baby.

Revenue has always been reinvested into the club. Increased revenues will mean more spending. As we have completed major infrastructure projects, I don’t see where else that money is going. This has always been the most plausible plan.

It’s not like we even need to worry about money now being taken OUT of the club because two months ago ENIC put IN 150m.

The suns shining - enjoy it!

Romero loan isn't finished yet (6th August) we'll sign him on a perm once the loan is done, also Kulusevski has an 18 month loan option so we will turn it into a Perm next Summer.

Back
Top Bottom