Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leicester will want £60 million plus for him.

I just can’t see it happening.

Probably more to be fair I reckon £70-80m. That being said if we only want 2 more players a CB and AM now and we are still to sell Winks, Rodon, Tanganga, Regulion and Lo Celso it makes more sense to spend big on 1-2 players who are elite than 2-3 players of lesser quality.

maddison would be a very good signing tbh. Only thing is I don't get how he suits the system.

Would allow us to play 352 which Conte has often used in the past.

Also in a 343 the wide players can be false wingers, there are many example of AM’s who do that, Grealish at Villa, Bernardo Silva at City etc. if Conte wants him then obviously he has a plan to use him.

Maddison had a great season last year and defo has something that we don’t really have in goals from midfield, but it’s crazy to spend £60m on someone who’s best position doesn’t exist in Conte’s preferred 3-4-3.

Conte likes both 3-4-3 and 3-5-2, he played 3-5-2 with Inter because he had the midfield options, last season we didn't for the most part.

3-4-3 is a great option for us but we don't have an out and out replacement for Kulusevski so with the extra AM he could change mid game or vice versa.

Worth remembering that arguably our best two performances came playing 3-5-2 last season.

Maddison had a great season last year and defo has something that we don’t really have in goals from midfield, but it’s crazy to spend £60m on someone who’s best position doesn’t exist in Conte’s preferred 3-4-3.
This is why I’m sceptical of a creative attacking midfielder - I don’t see how they fit in to this team.

Are we spending big bucks to have the option of going 3-5-2 ?

Well-Known Member​

Hercules

We are in talks. Leicester very reluctant. But his contract and more takes it out of Rodgers hands. Would be an excellent acquisition. We are willing to pay. Turning your nose up at him (some) is baffling. I personally hope it happens. Plenty work to do. Winks in the mix as well.

————-

Knew it wouldn’t be long before cunt features jumped on the latest Paul O’keef info

Angry American Idol GIF

I'm pretty sure Conte stuck with only the 3-4-3 out of necessity, not because it's the only system he wants to play.

have to remember,

-he arrived mid-season so i'm sure he kept things simpler than he normally would
- lack of options off the bench. Our best attacking subs were also wingers (Lucas and Stevie B)

Back
Top Bottom