Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a single british journo has said zaniolo is close or even joining us unless I’ve missed it. I really doubt there’s much in the rumours. Besides until we sell a few players I bet we don’t bring anyone else in. I do think we need another attacker or striker though.

Not a single british journo has said zaniolo is close or even joining us unless I’ve missed it. I really doubt there’s much in the rumours. Besides until we sell a few players I bet we don’t bring anyone else in. I do think we need another attacker or striker though.
Charlie Eccleshare said around 8/9 days ago that Zaniolo was probably the player we were furthest along with in terms of contact, and that it wasn't particularly close or intense negotiation at that point. Who knows?

I'd be surprised if we don't bring in one more once we get a few out, not based on much.

Why would Roma want a season long loan with an option to buy from us?

Surely that should read the other way around?
Obligation to buy it says. Tbh, watching highlights of their game tonight he doesn't look a guy who's set to leave the club. Played very well, Roma should expect to have a very strong season if they hold on to him.

Why would Roma want a season long loan with an option for Spurs to buy?

Surely that should read the other way around?

The whole tweet is tits backwards.....

"No less than 50m"?

Well that's 50m then innit..... We're not gonna suddenly turn round and offer them more on top are we?

Bremer had an absolute disaster game vs Atletico today, playing in a cb pairing instead of a three. Looked woeful on the ball. Just a pre-season game, but it's sad to see what's becoming of Allegri, it's like he doesn't know what his players are good at.
Lack of ability on the ball, and general clumsiness was always the concern with him from what I saw. Might not just be pre-season jitters.

I was just thinking that Wolves might be a suitable loan destination for the four players who aren't part of our plans. I just watched a fan video about their defeat to Leeds and the Wolves fans are very concerned about their lack of squad depth in the light of the new five subs rule:

I think it would be in our interest to just let the players go there without insisting on Wolves paying the players wages or a loan fee just to get them out the club to somewhere where they might just get the first team football they need to get their careers back on track.

Wolves would be getting three potentially match-winning creative midfielders and a wing-back to add to their subs bench and I would much rather we got our surplus players out there instead of keeping them around because no club will pay money for them.

I was just thinking that Wolves might be a suitable loan destination for the four players who aren't part of our plans. I just watched a fan video about their defeat to Leeds and the Wolves fans are very concerned about their lack of squad depth in the light of the new five subs rule:

I think it would be in our interest to just let the players go there without insisting on Wolves paying the players wages or a loan fee just to get them out the club to somewhere where they might just get the first team football they need to get their careers back on track.

Wolves would be getting three potentially match-winning creative midfielders and a wing-back to add to their subs bench and I would much rather we got our surplus players out there instead of keeping them around because no club will pay money for them.

Maybe we should send some money their way too for the trouble? :pochrolleyes:

Fuck that

We’re not a charity

Charlie Eccleshare said around 8/9 days ago that Zaniolo was probably the player we were furthest along with in terms of contact, and that it wasn't particularly close or intense negotiation at that point. Who knows?

I'd be surprised if we don't bring in one more once we get a few out, not based on much.

I agree. We can’t really sign any more foreign players anyway without moving some on. Or else we’ll be stuck paying players not in the squad and we aren’t Chelsea, we can’t do things like that.

I was just thinking that Wolves might be a suitable loan destination for the four players who aren't part of our plans.
Winks a potentially match-winning creative midfielder ????? :avbshit:

Bremer had an absolute disaster game vs Atletico today, playing in a cb pairing instead of a three. Looked woeful on the ball. Just a pre-season game, but it's sad to see what's becoming of Allegri, it's like he doesn't know what his players are good at.
me right now: :contefacepalm2:

And yet another confirmation that I'm still right about the player in my profile picture. His obstacles have always been his frail character and some bad luck in transfers, but he's technically a good forward and I stand by it. But if he finally manages to have a good season at Atletico, I hope for his sake that he stays there and doesn't come back to our disaster of a team.

I'll grant you I'm stretching it a bit there but he was noted for his passing ability as a young player ("English Iniesta" and all that).

All I'm trying to do is find a constructive solution to a problem our esteemed DoF has failed to resolve this summer. These players would be a lot more saleable if they had successful loan spells at a Premier League club and if we have to keep paying their wages to make something happen in that area I'd say it's worth it.

I agree. We can’t really sign any more foreign players anyway without moving some on. Or else we’ll be stuck paying players not in the squad and we aren’t Chelsea, we can’t do things like that.

We're probably going to have to unfortunately. There's no way will the 4 outcasts get in the 25 man squad.

The complete opposite of a match winning player. He literally makes our whole team worse. We're stuck with him until his contract runs out IMO.

United lost - so Sky Sports United transfer center is focussed SOLELY on Manure today.

I hope that entire club goes out of business, the stadium gets knocked down and the name Manchester United becomes legally banned.
Fucking hate how they're so heavily supported in the media. HATE it.

Back
Top Bottom