Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So then…who we getting in today?
Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA
Ronaldo and Neymar?

I mean there have been numerous accounts of his attitude and professionalism being questioned.
Maybe he’s changed over time? Honestly forgot about him completely until this news broke
Ronaldo and Rabiot together should be fun. Add Arnautovic into the mix and it should blow up before the World Cup.

I’d be a little disappointed if we sell Gil. Hasn’t had much of a chance in the EPL. The few times I have seen him play, he looked sharp and definitely added something different. Perhaps the coaches have seen something on the training field or maybe the accountants are looking for a quick buck. Regardless, would have been a random signing if we do end up selling

I’d be a little disappointed if we sell Gil. Hasn’t had much of a chance in the EPL. The few times I have seen him play, he looked sharp and definitely added something different. Perhaps the coaches have seen something on the training field or maybe the accountants are looking for a quick buck. Regardless, would have been a random signing if we do end up selling
I'm sure Conte has had a good look in training.

If there’s a similar thread somewhere, feel free to close this thread.

Really surprised we haven’t made a bid for this guy and Zaniolo seems to be getting most of the attention. At 25, he’s only just coming into his prime and has many more years in the tank. Lots of experience with the EPL and his goal contribution rate is quite good. 59 goal contributions (33 goals and 26 assists) in 134 EPL games. Decent free kick taker and homegrown. He could be used as backup for Son on the left and in the games where we’re up against a bus, could play 10 behind the front three.

If 60M is the price on his head, considering we forked that over for Richy, Grealish cost 100M and Rice has been quoted at 100M, I don’t think that’s a bad price. I reckon we should pay the money and get him the squad.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Regarding Destiny Udogie: we have heard the following, or similar, jokes about him (too) many times already:

It was his Destiny to join Spurs, etc.
Destiny Udogie is a great name for a stripper, etc.
We know what his favorite position is… etc.
Snoop made a song about him: “Who let the Udogie out.” Etc.
The famous quotes: “Thrown to the Udogie,” & “Every Udogie must have his day,” etc
Udogie is man’s best friend, etc.
Is his age measured by Udogie years? Etc.

Once the transfer window opened this summer, signor Paratici called Udine FC and asked them,” Is Udogie in the window for sale?"

Try something new instead and come up with jokes about his other first name: Iyenoma

Zaniolo would be a better fit for us I think.. really don't get the feeling Conte has any intention of using 3-5-2.

If there’s a similar thread somewhere, feel free to close this thread.

Really surprised we haven’t made a bid for this guy and Zaniolo seems to be getting most of the attention. At 25, he’s only just coming into his prime and has many more years in the tank. Lots of experience with the EPL and his goal contribution rate is quite good. 59 goal contributions (33 goals and 26 assists) in 134 EPL games. Decent free kick taker and homegrown. He could be used as backup for Son on the left and in the games where we’re up against a bus, could play 10 behind the front three.

If 60M is the price on his head, considering we forked that over for Richy, Grealish cost 100M and Rice has been quoted at 100M, I don’t think that’s a bad price. I reckon we should pay the money and get him the squad.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Not happening, time to move on.

Maddison ship sailed last week.

Back
Top Bottom