Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that Destiny Udogie seems to have signed, next big move has to be to see Lo Celso and Ndombele sign at Villareal - almost certainly both on loan, hopefully Lo Celso at least with an option with conditions which make it an obligation to buy relatively quickly (I suspect that Ndombele going there is linked to 'easy' conditions for Lo Celso.

We might have an option for 25/35m (including add ons) for Lo Celso, but Ndombele ? Sadly think we have lost best part of 100m on the pair of them. But if we can move them on, its a problem solved.

Reguilon transfer news seems to have gone quiet, but think he'll have a few suitors and easier to move on.

I think with two if not three of the above gone we might get our 8th signing in .......(likely Zaniolo >)

If Villarreal sign GLC & Ndombele, to join Foyth, Capoue and Serge Aurier (apparently there's an option in the contract he signed with them as a free agent), then they may as well fire Emery and hire Poch.

:pochwtf:

Lol remember when Woolwich fans were absolutely insistent that Conte was just going to saddle us with a bunch of old players and then leave?

Since Conte arrived, age of players signed:

Kulusevski- 21
Bentancur: 24
Perisic- 33
Forster- 34
Bissouma- 25
Richarlison- 25
Lenglet- 27
Spence- 21
Udogie- 19

So basically just a backup goalkeeper and Perisic. And now we've signed one of the best under 21 LBs in the world to be Perisic's replacement when his contract ends.

Further, combining the purchases of Paratici's tenure:

Romero-24
Emerson- 23
Gil- 21
Sarr- 19

We've essentially brought in a whole new generation of under 25 players, with the potential to still add Zainolo (23) and maybe another young CB before the end of the window. We're extremely well positioned with the group we have for at least five years. Kane and Son are always going to be near impossible to replace when the time comes, but we have depth and youth at every position to push into a new era.

You can never stand still and we'll continue to add and tinker every window, but the hard work of the "painful rebuild" is basically completed.

Tanganga’s agent posting wonder if he is off to Roma

All falling into place. I reckon our end to the window looks like this:

Out
Tanganga > Roma
GLC & Ndombele > Villareal
Reguilon > La Liga somewhere
Gil > Valencia
Winks > God knows

In
Zainolo
Udogie - loaned back
CCB (Milenkovic I reckon)

I'd take that. Beefy squad.

Lloris
(Forster)
Doherty --- Romero -------Dier ------ Davies --------- Perisic
(Emerson) -- (Sanchez) -- (Milenkovic) -- (Lenglet) -- (Sessengon)
(Spence)------------------------------------------------------------------
Bissouma -- Bentancur
(Skipp) -- (Hojbjerg)
(Sarr) -- (White)

Kulusevski -- Kane -- Son
(Zainolo) -- (Richarlison) -- (Lucas)​

Lol remember when Woolwich fans were absolutely insistent that Conte was just going to saddle us with a bunch of old players and then leave?

Kulusevski- 21
Perisic- 33
Forster- 34
Bissouma- 25
Richarlison- 25
Lenglet- 27
Spence- 21
Udogie- 19

So basically just a backup goalkeeper and Perisic. And now we've signed one of the best under 21 LBs in the world to be Perisic's replacement when his contract ends.

Romero-24
Emerson- 23
Gil- 21
Sarr- 19

I mean we've essentially brought in a whole new generation of under 25 players, with the potential to still add Zainolo (23) and maybe another young CB before the end of the window. We're extremely well positioned with the group we have for at least five years. Kane and Son are always going to be impossible when they have to be replaced. But we have depth and youth at every position.
Yes, I agree.

The major change has not been the age profile of the players we sign (early to mid-20s with resale potential).

The major change has been getting the bulk of the players in early enough for the coaches to work with them in a full pre-season.

Even if they're recovering from injuries, the players will have been involved in the tactical sessions, learning Conte's demands.

Never heard of him. Anybody seen him play much before?
I posted the exact same link yesterday ...so you missed the chance then to have heard about him a day earlier :cool:
Spurs have been linked with him in the media since the summer of 2021. And so far I think he's only played for Blackburn's academy teams, so I doubt any Spurs fans have seen much of him (but I could be wrong).
He even changed his name from Famuyiwa to Phillips, to make it easier for Spurs fans to spell and pronounce his name.
His contract expires in June 2023

Who is Ashley Phillips? Blackburn sensation wanted by Man Utd and Chelsea

How good is Ashley Phillips?​

Phillips' physical attributes make him a perfect candidate to make it as a Premier League centre-back.

He is 6ft 4in so can handle himself in the air, but also has a tremendous turn of pace which allows him to keep up with quick attackers.

His blend of pace, power and height has earned him comparisons with Virgil van Dijk.

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray outlined his talents to Lancs Live:

"He's 6ft 4', he's fast, mobile and can pass it really well. He can use both feet, he's composed.

"Ash is just a phenomenal young boy; if you were to create a defender in the mould of how you would want one, this kid has got every attribute.

"But he is still just a young boy. He needs time, which is why he's training with the first-team so that he gets confident and used to the level of intensity.

"He's an exciting prospect, is all I'd say. But it's in a position where there is a lot of responsibility.

"It's not as easy to put a really talented young defender in as opposed to a talented young striker where it doesn't matter if he loses the ball every now and then.

"As a defender, you're judged on keeping the ball out of the net and winning your individual duels.

"He is just a boy but he's got some amazing attributes. We've got high hopes that he can progress quickly."

Kulusevski- 21
Perisic- 33
Forster- 34
Bissouma- 25
Richarlison- 25
Lenglet- 27
Spence- 21
Udogie- 19

Romero-24
Emerson- 23
Gil- 21
Sarr- 19

I mean we've essentially brought in a whole new generation of under 25 players, with the potential to still add Zainolo (23) and maybe another young CB before the end of the window. We're extremely well positioned with the group we have for at least five years. Kane and Son are always going to be impossible when they have to be replaced. But we have depth and youth at every position.

The other thing which is really impressive is the speed of the change - in 2022 (ie including yhe January transfer window) we have signed 9 players (including Udogie) and may well sign our 10th incoming player before the end f the window.

That's really impressive, particularly when you look at the quality of the players coming in and they are all picked to fill holes in the squad, not a random selection of players.

If Villarreal sign GLC & Ndombele, to join Foyth, Capoue and Serge Aurier (apparently there's an option in the contract he signed with them as a free agent), then they may as well fire Emery and hire Poch.

:pochwtf:

I was going to funny this, but it actually wouldn't be a bad move for both. Not sure Villarreal could afford Poch's rates these days though.

I was going to funny this, but it actually wouldn't be a bad move for both. Not sure Villarreal could afford Poch's rates these days though.
Emery isn't getting fired by Villarreal, so I wasn't seriously suggesting they hire Poch.

But GLC & Ndomble were the players Poch demanded for his midfield rebuild. Juan Foyth was definitely a "Poch project", and has a decent chance of going to the World Cup.

Emery isn't getting fired by Villarreal, so I wasn't seriously suggesting they hire Poch.

But GLC & Ndomble were the players Poch demanded for his midfield rebuild. Juan Foyth was definitely a "Poch project", and has a decent chance of going to the World Cup.

He was meant to buy all our crud whilst he was swimming in money at PSG...... This isn't quite the boon we had in mind. :llorishuh:

Sissoko has 71... just saying. Oh and Rabiot has a personality like rabies.
Most of those caps are 2010-13 when we were trash or selecting mostly for personality in the early days of Deschamps after the 2010 bust up. Sissoko only got 13 caps once he signed for spurs and France got properly good.

Rabiot isn’t a great dude or anything but he’s not as bad as suggested and a really good player who will be a big improvement on fucking Fred and McTominay. Not a high bar.

Back
Top Bottom