Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad you aren't in the Paratici seat
sad you can't understand a simple hypothetical reasoning

Pathfinder Pathfinder I didn't complain about udogie, or sarr or gil. I've said that all these 3 guys will be totally useless in this season. I don't know the future, I don't know if they will turn as future football stars and I don't know if antonio conte will stay in the next years.
about SMS: he is just an example of a great player ready today to make a difference

what is hard to understand about that?

Someone with "defensive steel" that can knock the ball about a bit and take a decent FK.........?

Isn't that something that many here would condone....?

Far better that than blowing 40-50m on a JWP who's already hit his ceiling.

Maybe. I’d not be unhappy with it as a punt, especially at a cheap price. But he’s struggled to step up at United which is slightly concerning given their midfield options.

I think he’ll end up a decent mid table midfielder and probably not much more .. but hey, might be wrong.

"THFC could return to signing Sergej Milinkovic-Savic this window."
What does that mean? Have they signed him once before and are now returning yet again or..?

" Antonio Conte is said to be a huge admirer of the player."
How many times haven't we read that about Conte :cool:

It's Italian for a slow transfer news day

"THFC could return to signing Sergej Milinkovic-Savic this window."
What does that mean? Have they signed him once before and are now returning yet again or..?

" Antonio Conte is said to be a huge admirer of the player."
How many times haven't we read that about Conte :cool:
well. at least you didn't post a thousand word article this time, that's worth something ;)

Italian website CMW claim that Tottenham are about to table an offer to sign Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, worth an initial £38million plus £13million in add-ons – but could face competition from Manchester United.

Spain-born Serbia international Milinkovic-Savic, 27, has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League for years. The issue is, he has now entered the final two years of his Lazio deal and looks unlikely to sign a new contract.

In his seven years at Lazio, the midfielder has clocked up 295 appearances in all competitions for the Serie A side. He has had a hand in 110 goals from midfield, scoring 58 and creating 52. A real midfield driving force in Italian football.

Reports state that Manchester United are once again, being linked with the midfielder. Erik Ten Hag looks likely to admit defeat in a move for Frenkie de Jong, and Milinkovic-Savic could be the man they turn to in the next few weeks.

However, a report from CMW state that Tottenham want to continue their superb window with a move. An attacking midfielder is a priority for Spurs now, and they are set to table an offer of £38million, plus £13million in add-ons.

If Antonio Conte wants an attacking midfielder next at Tottenham, then he should really look no further. Milinkovic-Savic fits the bill. Like the rest of his new signings, he is also over 6ft, standing at a lofty 6ft 3in.

A player that is in the prime of his career and proven at the very top level. With Milinkovic-Savic, there is no needing to wait for him to hit the ground running. He is a player that gives his all, and wants to create as much as score goals.

Arguably, Manchester United need him more. They need a complete revamp in the middle of the park. But right now, who would you rather join? Milinkovic-Savic will surely be hoping Tottenham do table the offer, as CMW report.
Not saying the link is true but can anyone who watches the Italian League tell me if he is worth buying. Can he play in a Two? Can he play on the wing or in a no 10? Is he the final piece for this summer that guarantees we will compete?

We need to have a chat with Forrest.
They've signed 329 new players this summer and not one of them is Winks, Reguilon, Ndombele or one of our RB's
This is unacceptable.
Winks should have been an ideal signing for the newly promoted sides with his experience but we have kept him way too long. Hopefully we can get a price for him.

I really really hope so
Can you tell me if he is worth the hype. I watched the comp of him on youtube because I have never really watched Lazio or Serbia play and he does not excite me as a the missing piece. I think we need two more signings this window, an attacking player who will allow us to change things up and a center back to play on the left or in the middle of the three.

The Attacking player is the more important one.

Can you tell me if he is worth the hype. I watched the comp of him on youtube because I have never really watched Lazio or Serbia play and he does not excite me as a the missing piece. I think we need two more signings this window, an attacking player who will allow us to change things up and a center back to play on the left or in the middle of the three.

- Not suited to a 2xCM set up.
- Would fit ok in a 3xCM set up.
- Doesn't excite me as a pure AM/creative attacker.

As has always been the case; this mystical missing MFer depends massively on what Conte is actually aiming to do.

.....Does he want a mere Plan B (352) or is he looking to reconfigure our typical starting formation?

Last edited:

I think he is the player that would allow us to play some matches with the 352. like the yesterday one, where our midfield struggled too much.
it's important to have variants to our 343 if we want to win something.

I don't know if he could be used in the 2-midfield honestly

Not saying the link is true but can anyone who watches the Italian League tell me if he is worth buying. Can he play in a Two? Can he play on the wing or in a no 10? Is he the final piece for this summer that guarantees we will compete?

Definitely not in a cm2. He’s not really a 10 either. He’s more of a very attacking biased 8 (Lazio usually play a 433). He’s got some technical ability and an eye for a goal/pass/assist. He definitely lacks dynamism and is pretty shit without the ball, but in and around the oppo box he’s pretty productive in SerieA. Whether he’d transfer that level of productivity to the PL is very debatable.

Personally I’d pass. He’s a very niche player, that fits where he is. Our midfield is already laborious. I don’t think he’ll enjoy the pace of the PL as much, he’s a bit of a plodder now, and he’s 27, so fuck knows how slow he’ll be in a couple of years, and will have little resale upside if we want to move him on.

Maybe Conte sees him as that Maddison/Eriksen piece for the toolkit. Someone who can be an 8/10 hybrid. But we don’t play (start) a cm3 ever.

Seems like another fairly big investment fee/wages for a player who may well not start much.

Back
Top Bottom