Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really hoping Spence kicks on at some point & gets in the team. I know he's young but he's experienced championship football so he's no child. Hopefully just a case of getting him up to speed with Conte's style as he missed pre season.

Has to be better than Emerson.

Really hoping Spence kicks on at some point & gets in the team. I know he's young but he's experienced championship football so he's no child. Hopefully just a case of getting him up to speed with Conte's style as he missed pre season.

Has to be better than Emerson.
He also brings speed into the team and can take on players, hope he gets he's chance soon..

James Garner spent 21/22 on loan at Notts Forest playing 49 times scoring 6 goals, and spent previous season half playing for Watford, half season for Notts Forest.

Age 21, E u21.

Made a couple of appearances for Man U and now, it appears saying 'sell me to Notts Forest or play me' ........ possibly why we are linked as its known we want an AM (although Garner may be more of a DM). ManU value at £14m apparently.

I assume we watched Spence at Notts Forest last season and so will also have seen Garner

Anybody who has seen him play with more info ?

James Garner spent 21/22 on loan at Notts Forest playing 49 times scoring 6 goals, and spent previous season half playing for Watford, half season for Notts Forest.

Age 21, E u21.

Made a couple of appearances for Man U and now, it appears saying 'sell me to Notts Forest or play me' ........ possibly why we are linked as its known we want an AM (although Garner may be more of a DM). ManU value at £14m apparently.

I assume we watched Spence at Notts Forest last season and so will also have seen Garner

Anybody who has seen him play with more info ?
If Fred and Mc.Tominay are getting so much playing time under multiple managers that should tell you all you need to know about the options they have on the bench

very good, considering the age of perisic and the discontinuity of sessegnon.

sadly we have spent 25M for GIL, 17 M for Sarr, 18M for Udogie but all these three players are far away from our pitch.
with this amount of money we could have bought sergey milinkovic savic
There is a reason/reasons (apart from his overvalued price) why no big clubs are after him anymore.
Both Chelksi and Man Utd (they are "desperate") are in the market for CM players...and so far none of them have been linked to him. And, as mentioned before, he may not be a CM-2 type of player anyway.
It's too early to say whether Gil, Sarr and Udogie were a waste of money. And, at least give Udogie a chance before you complain about him :cool:

If Fred and Mc.Tominay are getting so much playing time under multiple managers that should tell you all you need to know about the options they have on the bench

Th, now 21 year old, out on loan to gain experience from aged18/19 onward, and Championship level loans for 2 seasons is a pretty decent level for his age, as was being a fixture in the Notts Forest side which won promotion from Championship to PL aged 20.

Been an unused sub for ManU's first 2 PL games. ManU a complete shambles for those first 2 games so ideally you bring on experienced players, not youngsters ........ but ones they brought on just emphasise ManU's inept set up.

Italian website CMW claim that Tottenham are about to table an offer to sign Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, worth an initial £38million plus £13million in add-ons – but could face competition from Manchester United.

Spain-born Serbia international Milinkovic-Savic, 27, has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League for years. The issue is, he has now entered the final two years of his Lazio deal and looks unlikely to sign a new contract.

In his seven years at Lazio, the midfielder has clocked up 295 appearances in all competitions for the Serie A side. He has had a hand in 110 goals from midfield, scoring 58 and creating 52. A real midfield driving force in Italian football.

Reports state that Manchester United are once again, being linked with the midfielder. Erik Ten Hag looks likely to admit defeat in a move for Frenkie de Jong, and Milinkovic-Savic could be the man they turn to in the next few weeks.

However, a report from CMW state that Tottenham want to continue their superb window with a move. An attacking midfielder is a priority for Spurs now, and they are set to table an offer of £38million, plus £13million in add-ons.

If Antonio Conte wants an attacking midfielder next at Tottenham, then he should really look no further. Milinkovic-Savic fits the bill. Like the rest of his new signings, he is also over 6ft, standing at a lofty 6ft 3in.

A player that is in the prime of his career and proven at the very top level. With Milinkovic-Savic, there is no needing to wait for him to hit the ground running. He is a player that gives his all, and wants to create as much as score goals.

Arguably, Manchester United need him more. They need a complete revamp in the middle of the park. But right now, who would you rather join? Milinkovic-Savic will surely be hoping Tottenham do table the offer, as CMW report.

Any good?

Interesting take..... Earlier suggestion was that the player wanted to be sold.

If as suggested, the player wants a move because of game-time then him returning to Forest makes much more sense than joining the queue with Sarr and the rest of our CMs.

It might be worth paying over odds, with say £25m rising to £40m at 150games or such, given weakening them further would nourish our HG restrictions and enhance Allis likelihood to appear, which £10m chunks rely on!
If you're going to make silly clauses like that then why not throw in another one guaranteeing a further 25m for winning the Ballon d'Or.

Or maybe a 5m pound bonus if Ty from AFTV admits on video that Spurs have outgrown Woolwich and are the bigger club.

Any good?

Good, but old.

ryan gosling notebook GIF

Any good?

He's really good at set pieces. I think he got 8 assists last season for Forest and every single one was from a corner. I liked him for Forest & think for a bottom half team he could do a job, but for us? No way, in a midfield 2 he'd get eaten alive. Garner in yesterday's team would've been a bloodbath.

Honestly he reminds me a bit of Winks but with more defensive steel and the aforementioned set piece ability.

He's really good at set pieces. I think he got 8 assists last season for Forest and every single one was from a corner. I liked him for Forest & think for a bottom half team he could do a job, but for us? No way, in a midfield 2 he'd get eaten alive. Garner in yesterday's team would've been a bloodbath.

Honestly he reminds me a bit of Winks but with more defensive steel and the aforementioned set piece ability.

Someone with "defensive steel" that can knock the ball about a bit and take a decent FK.........?

Isn't that something that many here would condone....?

Far better that than blowing 40-50m on a JWP who's already hit his ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom