Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that Skipp, Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg plus another attacking midfielder is probably too many central midfielders if we are going to play a front 3 with Kane dropping back as well.
That money could be better used to strengthen somewhere else.

* edit ... Just my opinion obviously.
I’d say skipp is no1 CM at the moment. Benta has done ok but as seen on Saturday was non existent when faced with tactical set up of Brighton. So jury is I’d say still out if he can perform consistently across a season and against top teams. We defo need bissouma as partner for skipp. Options on the bench would be PEH and benta plus we need a CM whose gonna progress the ball forward by running and beating players. I know this may not go down well but with skipp and Biss, ndombele might actually work. Failing that it’s a no brainier to get Erickson. We ain’t play a 3 in CM anyway under conte. All out on biss me thinks. We can add numbers and quality on the cheap with Erickson.

What's the deal with who owns Porro, anyway? Is he still on loan from City? Can Sporting do a buy then loan/sell like we did with Lo Celso if we were interested?
From what I read, we can do what we did with Romero.

Sporting have a cheap option to buy Porro from City. They will certainly activate that, and then make an immediate profit on him.
Real and Bayern are both interested in him; but hopefully if we have CL football we can entice him? Better chance of starting than at those 2 clubs, and more advanced role.

From what I read, we can do what we did with Romero.

Sporting have a cheap option to buy Porro from City. They will certainly activate that, and then make an immediate profit on him.
Real and Bayern are both interested in him; but hopefully if we have CL football we can entice him? Better chance of starting than at those 2 clubs, and more advanced role.
IF we got CL football then I hope we'd be quite attractive to potential wing backs - work with Conte, fighting for a starting spot (and living in London). Not a bad gig.

Just to add to that, the importance of the LWB and RWB recruitment can't be understated. It'd be the difference between challenging for 4th or cementing 3rd and trying to nip at the heels of the top 2, in my opinion.

We'd go from fighting with one hand behind our back to dominating if we got a top player in for each side. Paratici and Conte will surely be well aware of this too.

Back
Top Bottom