Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it too early to do one of my deluded transfer wish lists? Probably.

CB:
+Martinez (25M)
+Bremer (25M)
-Sanchez (20M)
-Rodon (15M)

RWB:
+Spence (20M)
-Emerson (15M)

LWB:
+Angelino (30M)
-Reguilon (25M)

CM:
+Bissouma (40M)
+Eriksen (Free)
-Winks (10M)

RW:

125M net spend which is definitely realistic as long as we get CL (net spend in previous 2 seasons has been very similar despite no CL).

Kuluveski = £30M, offset by sales of Lo Celso & CCV.
Ndombele & Sarr back out on loan, Gil recalled.

Last edited:
Here's a list of players that potentially may be sold or leave next summer and my valuations.

GOLLINI0
ROYAL12
SANCHEZ15
MOURA15
RODON8
WINKS10
REGUILON15
NDOMBELE10
GLC20
CCV6
WHITEMAN1
CLARKE8
GIL15
TOTAL135

Last edited:

As a midfielder he's decent defensively, but in the footballing sense, he is a bit limited. He's a bit like Declan Rice.

Might be an interesting option as a CB though (one who can also do a job as a DM at tomes too).

If we were going to play a 3 man midfield, him as the central 6 with two more fotbally 8's either side would be doable maybe, but in a CM2...not so sure he's rounded enough?

As a midfielder he's decent defensively, but in the footballing sense, he is a bit limited. He's a bit like Declan Rice.

Might be an interesting option as a CB though (one who can also do a job as a DM at tomes too).

If we were going to play a 3 man midfield, him as the central 6 with two more fotbally 8's either side would be doable maybe, but in a CM2...not so sure he's rounded enough?
I’ll bite the hand off of someone who offers me ‘like Declan Rice’ for nothing.

Here's a list of players that potentially may be sold or leave next summer and my valuations.

GOLLINI0
ROYAL12
SANCHEZ15
MOURA15
RODON8
WINKS10
REGUILON15
NDOMBELE10
GLC20
CCV6
WHITEMAN1
CLARKE8
GIL15
TOTAL135
Take it as friendly criticism, but I think your valuations are overly pessimistic on many of the players. Gil is 25m already, easy. Rodon as a regular full international should be 12-15m. Sanchez is still good for 20m to La Liga or Serie A. Reggie is as least a 25m fullback. Ndombele, with his wages, is worth '0' right now, too...

GOLLINI0
ROYAL12
SANCHEZ15
MOURA15
RODON8
WINKS10
REGUILON15
NDOMBELE10
GLC20
CCV6
WHITEMAN1
CLARKE8
GIL15
TOTAL135
Like the realism of those but reckon we can get 50% more for Rodon, GLC and Gill (who I pray we don’t sell - someone like that coming on Saturday might’ve been what the doc ordered).

Equally I’d say Jack Clarke’s price is inflated.

Otherwise if you look at that total added to the number of free transfers available this year, no reason price should impact us getting who Conte/Paratici really want.

LCB:
+Bastoni (50M)
-Sanchez (20M)

RWB:
+Pedro Porro (25M)
+Singo (15M)
-Emerson (15M)

LWB:
+Angelino (40M)
-Reguilon (25M)

CM:
+Bissouma (40M)
+Eriksen (Free)
-Winks (10M)

100M net spend which is definitely realistic as long as we get CL (net spend in previous 2 seasons has been very similar despite no CL).
I'm sure the purchase options of Romero, Bentancur, Kulu have already been factored in, and can be partly offset by selling Lo Celso.

Recall Gil to be back up LW, and don't bother with a reserve CF. If Kane injured, play 3-5-2 with Eriksen CAM, Bergwijn and Son up front.

I like it. My only criticism would be that Bastoni probably won't come to us so we'll have to settle for a slightly lower tier player. Also, given the number of other transfers needed elsewhere, we'll probably not have enough time or money to change up the LWB situation. Carrying 5 wingbacks (assuming we keep MD and sell ER) would probably be a good thing for us.

I like it. My only criticism would be that Bastoni probably won't come to us so we'll have to settle for a slightly lower tier player. Also, given the number of other transfers needed elsewhere, we'll probably not have enough time or money to change up the LWB situation. Carrying 5 wingbacks (assuming we keep MD and sell ER) would probably be a good thing for us.
If we get CL, with Conte at the helm, I do think we can attract a top quality LCB such as Bastoni/ Torres.

LCB:
+Bastoni (50M)
-Sanchez (20M)

RWB:
+Pedro Porro (25M)
+Singo (15M)
-Emerson (15M)

LWB:
+Angelino (40M)
-Reguilon (25M)

CM:
+Bissouma (40M)
+Eriksen (Free)
-Winks (10M)

100M net spend which is definitely realistic as long as we get CL (net spend in previous 2 seasons has been very similar despite no CL).
I'm sure the purchase options of Romero, Bentancur, Kulu have already been factored in, and can be partly offset by selling Lo Celso.

Recall Gil to be back up LW, and don't bother with a reserve CF. If Kane injured, play 3-5-2 with Eriksen CAM, Bergwijn and Son up front.
There’s a few more that should be forced out too to bring in funds - Rodon, Lucas for starters. I still think we need another attacker

By reading the discussions on here about the CMF it looks as if many/most of you have either forgotten about or simply discounted Pape Matar Sarr ...
Thus said, there are a few points about CMF needed to be solved...
- Is Pape Sarr ready for life in the EPL? If not, should Spurs invest in a top CMF who will block Sarr's minutes or play him in the hope of him being the "real deal"? What if he'll never turn into a quality CMF? Or should they simply sell him this summer hoping for a good price?
-Most Spurs fans "love" the fighting spirit on Højbjerg (and I am guessing he's a good influence to have around in the playing group) but he's much more suited as a DM in an 3-man MF (mainly due to his lack of pace and mobility): so, should Spurs cash in on him and invest in a "CM-2" player?
- Winks is happy being a bench player. I know many of you hate him but I don't. He is HG and, so far, made no noises of not playing regularly but he may have reached his limits now. If not I'd keep him but wouldn't be against selling him.

I reckon Højbjerg would fetch around £25m, Winks £15 and Pape Sarr £15m. Added to that: Lo Celso would fetch around £30m and Ndombele around £25m (yes, he is worth that, and teams know that if he finds his old form on a regular basis he'll be worth £50+).
This would give Spurs around £110m to invest in 3 CMF for next season (preferably 1 being HG)

Last edited:
By reading the discussions on here about the CMF it looks as if many/most of you have either forgotten about or simply discounted Pape Matar Sarr ...
Thus said, there are a few points about CMF needed to be solved...
- Is Pape Sarr ready for life in the EPL? If not, should Spurs invest in a top CMF who will block Sarr's minutes or play him in the hope of him being the "real deal"? What if he'll never turn into a quality CMF? Or should they simply sell him this summer hoping for a good price?
-Most Spurs fans "love" the fighting spirit on Højbjerg (and I am guessing he's a good influence to have around in the playing group) but he's much more suited as a DM in an 3-man MF (mainly due to his lack of pace and mobility): so, should Spurs cash in on him and invest in a "CM-2" player?
- Winks is happy being a bench player. I know many of you hate him but I don't. He is HG and, so far, made no noises of not playing regularly but he may have reached his limits now. If not I'd keep him but wouldn't be against selling him.

I reckon Højbjerg would fetch around £25m, Winks £15 and Pape Sarr £15m. Added to that: Lo Celso would fetch around £30m and Ndombele around £25m (yes, he is worth that, and teams know that if he finds his old form on a regular basis he'll be worth £50+).
This would give Spurs around £110m to invest in 3 CMF for next season (preferably 1 being HG)
Way too much movement to be realistic and the Sarr sale is not going to happen without making Paratici look very bad.

Way too much movement to be realistic and the Sarr sale is not going to happen without making Paratici look very bad.
I see what you mean and I am not really disagreeing with your assessment.
But Lo Celso and Ndombele are "goners" already, so that's 2 out of the equation.
Although I am not saying Pape Sarr should be sold ( I trust Conte & co on this one), the fact is that since he's never played for Spurs it won't "upset" the team balance in any way nor the dressing room.
Winks has hardly played after Bentancur joined Spurs and won't get more playing time next season. But again, I am not against keeping him.
That leaves only Højbjerg as an impact player to be missed if sold. I really like his fighting spirit but, as I've mentioned several times, he's not really a 2-man CM player. He's played well since Bentancur joined, so I am not unhappy with him and wouldn't mind keeping him. But he would fetch around £30m that could be put towards a player who suited the 2-man CMF formation of Conte better.

Last edited:

GOLLINI0
ROYAL12
SANCHEZ15
MOURA15
RODON8
WINKS10
REGUILON15
NDOMBELE10
GLC20
CCV6
WHITEMAN1
CLARKE8
GIL15
TOTAL135

I think the overall value might be pretty much to the point, maybe even slightly conservative.
But Clarke 8 mil?
He has 1 goal and 2 assists in League One + he does not have lot of contract time left.

He leaves for 1,5-2 mil tops.

Prob BS but

Interest is definitely there, the offer may be bullshit though.

Can't comment on Singo, and I've only seen bits and pieces of Bremer. Bremer is both good and bad. He'd be a bit of a Rudiger type I think, very strong, assertive etc. so he'd fantastic in terms of our defensive needs. He doesn't seem as technical as Gvardiol, Bastoni or even Rudiger tbh, so not useful in the roaming CB role Davies plays now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom