Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

most important thing is to buy the players conte want in time for the pre-season
not in the last market day
This.

We've already seen clubs making announcements of new signings or Romano saying they are done deals etc.

We need to start hearing that about Spurs very soon. There's a lot of work to do and we need to make use of a Conte pre-season with as many of his players as possible.

This.

We've already seen clubs making announcements of new signings or Romano saying they are done deals etc.

We need to start hearing that about Spurs very soon. There's a lot of work to do and we need to make use of a Conte pre-season with as many of his players as possible
Asking for too much? 🤣. Levy is absolutely going to insist on selling first before buying. Hope Paratici the salesman is able to move the goods asap

£38m for Bastoni was doing the rounds a couple of weeks ago. At that price if Conte likes him its a no brainer.
That's a very good deal indeed. Theo Hernandez I don't think we can get, Milan is already losing Kessie and they have probably their best team in like 10/15 years now, they will probably try to keep Theo at any cost. If we are to raid italian team I would like us to go for Hickey, from Bologna, for LB. Also Musa Barrow would be a pretty interesting player if Lucas and Bergwijn are to go.

Asking for too much? 🤣. Levy is absolutely going to insist on selling first before buying. Hope Paratici the salesman is able to move the goods asap
problem is the players we want to get rid don't have offers from any club (because of their wagings)
we can easily sell bergwijn, tanganga. but it will be difficult with ndombelè, winks, moura and GLC

We'd have been spending that money anyway. Suspect we could do a loan with big option this summer too to keep the headline figure down. If we get CL, we will be turning over 500 million next season with a what 220 million wage bill this?
With Dele, Lo Celso, Toby, Sissoko, Aurier, Lamela, Bale (Ndombele partially) off the wage books in the last summer, there's got to be a LOT of room to manoeuvre in that regard.

We already had one of the lowest wages to revenue ratio in the league.

Wouldn't really want Bale tbh. Like him as a player and what he did for the club but not sure he'd fit in now and suit Conte style of play.

Main targets

I'd like us to go for LCB, someone ideally like Pau Torres.
RWB, I think we'll go back in for Adama Traore.
CM preference would be Kalvin Phillips, especially if Leeds get relegated.
Perisic on a free if we get rid of Regi.

Eriksen on a free couldn't be sniffed at but I wasn't a fan of the way he left the club tbh even though he is a quality player.

Then a couple of squad players but no idea who they would be.

Strange one to me.
I can only presume that they plan to play Tierney as a CB or else Hickey is a back-up. I actually think Tierney at LB is one of Woolwich’s few strengths and this seems like a high, unnecessary spend when they have huge holes elsewhere.
Tierney is another Erik Lamela type. More time with the physio than his own family.

Strange one to me.
I can only presume that they plan to play Tierney as a CB or else Hickey is a back-up. I actually think Tierney at LB is one of Woolwich’s few strengths and this seems like a high, unnecessary spend when they have huge holes elsewhere.
Hickey is very two footed, has played left and right wing back for Bologna this season.

Back
Top Bottom