Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bastoni is the dream, but I'd be more than happy if we get Pau Torres, and he's a very realistic signing if we finish 4th. Helps a lot that we can also add Lo Celso to sweeten the deal for him.

Eriksen and

Not sure if SMS is what we need in CM.

Undoubtably a good player, but he doesn’t play in a 2 and isn’t the playmaking passer type that we need.
Wouldn't be surprised if he plays 3-5-2 as well as 3-4-3 next season. The coach will have the pre season to drill it effectively and give us another way of playing. It's obviously a formation he likes but we've not had the players to use it except for a game or two. Personally don't imagine he'd play Eriksen much in a 3-4-3.

Wouldn't be surprised if he plays 3-5-2 as well as 3-4-3 next season. The coach will have the pre season to drill it effectively and give us another way of playing. It's obviously a formation he likes but we've not had the players to use it except for a game or two. Personally don't imagine he'd play Eriksen much in a 3-4-3.
I wonder if Kulu could play RWB in a 352. He can clearly cover ground is physically strong, and can put in a tackle, but he also clearly lacks a bit in agility. I can see him getting spun by the likes of Sterling and Mane.

What position does he have in a 352? I don't think he has one. Son/Kane up top. Skipp, SMS, PEH/Benta in the middle.

Was just about to post this, seen bits this season but was the season before he signed for Lyon which I saw him most, fast, strong, over 6ft tall

Best position is on the left upfront but has decent hold up play so maybe can play uptop

If Son got I jured could see him having a great partnership with Kane

I prefer Uruguyan Darwin Nunez for that role tbh. Plus he has more aggression and strength in his play which is perfect for PL football. 22 years old and it seems he will cost around 51 mill this summer. Hopefully Bentancur can have a word :contethumb:

Wouldn't really want Bale tbh. Like him as a player and what he did for the club but not sure he'd fit in now and suit Conte style of play.

Main targets

I'd like us to go for LCB, someone ideally like Pau Torres.
RWB, I think we'll go back in for Adama Traore.
CM preference would be Kalvin Phillips, especially if Leeds get relegated.
Perisic on a free if we get rid of Regi.

Eriksen on a free couldn't be sniffed at but I wasn't a fan of the way he left the club tbh even though he is a quality player.

Then a couple of squad players but no idea who they would be.

I'd take Phillips to upgrade upon the likes of Winks or PEH, but he's not the guy to run our MF and help us dominate the ball more.... We need a Dembele-esque monster that can shrugg of challenges and beat a man.

Any recent news on the Bissouma case?

......If not him, then who else fits that mould?

Last edited:
I wonder if Kulu could play RWB in a 352. He can clearly cover ground is physically strong, and can put in a tackle, but he also clearly lacks a bit in agility. I can see him getting spun by the likes of Sterling and Mane.

What position does he have in a 352? I don't think he has one. Son/Kane up top. Skipp, SMS, PEH/Benta in the middle.

Kulu ain't no WB.

At most Conte was just musing the one time he mentioned that.

Hopefully we have 50+ games next season,.in which case you'd hope Kulu will only have to start 30-40 of them. I don't see him as a wing back myself, definitely not after Conte has a transfer window to sort out his options.

Watching joelinton last night, I could honestly see him being turned into a dembele like player. Dembele was a forward before his midfield maestro days too

problem is the players we want to get rid don't have offers from any club (because of their wagings)
we can easily sell bergwijn, tanganga. but it will be difficult with ndombelè, winks, moura and GLC
I'm sure someone in the MLS would take Moura. He'd look like the best player in the history of that league.

We'll work something out with Villareal for GLC.

Don't think Winks will be an issue tbh, there will be takers.

Ndombele is the tough one. I think at this stage the best we can do is just make sure we are not taking full whack on his wages or settle on some cut price deal.

Kulu ain't no WB.

At most Conte was just musing the one time he mentioned that.
I agree, I don't particularly see him as a proper WB, but at best as something like a bit more densive winger, who is a WB in name only.

I think Tielemans would be a very good signing. Yes his form has dipped but generally speaking he is a very well rounded CM that would fit into Conte's tactics /set up.
Agree, but the 20-30m that would be spent on him is better spent on adding to the budget for someone like SMS who could be one of the best midfielders in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom