Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1 x GK
1 x LWB
1 x RWB
1 x CB
1 x CM
1 x Attacking forward/winger
1 x ST

I'd swap the ST for another CM.

I'm assuming Winks is sold and Sarr is loaned out. That gives us 5 good quality options in there and the scope to play a midfield 3 as Conte sees fit.

One of Lucas/Bergjwin will stay so I don't see us signing two attackers.

I think all we need up top is to sign another Kulusevski level player who can operate across the front 3 but they especially need to be competent through the middle so we can actually rest Kane at times without falling to pieces. If sign another out and out striker it's just going to be Llorente 2.0 and they will barely play.

I'd also add another CB if we opt to sell both Sanchez and Rodon.

But would he join a club where he won't be a regular...?
Yes, he may but I doubt it but then again I am not a mind reader :cool:

If we want to go deep in CL plus domestic trophies we need to have a squad who can handle 60+ games.

And most players are probably only good for an average of say 40 odd starts (bearing in mind a few will pick up injuries). So Conte will need to rotate players.

As an example we currently have Son, Kane and Kulusevski as our first choice forwards with Moura and Bergwijn as alternates. I'd really like to get another very good forward so for Conte it becomes a choice of 3 from 4 players to start a match (ie from, Son, Kane, Kulusevski and new guy) with options off the bench from the likes of Moura.

And same for other positions, which means we probably end up with 16+ potential starters plus those more likely to start from the bench in our squad.

The days of only buying for a first 11 are surely long gone

Lads, it's been 296 pages only. We know our Danny boy doesn't sign anyone until it's page 1500 in this forum and people are losing their minds. :levylol:

Last edited:
Hmmmm all those players you named....there not shit Tarkowski is. Think about the ability blackhole that is the England centerbacks. Now think of all of the players even a coach as limited as Southgate has chosen before Tarkowski. Having had an actual look at him. People who suggest him can not have actually watched him very often. He is slow easily turned poor to react and has become oddly passive when marking. He makes Eric Dier look like Maldini. People who be hunting Levy like it was the Purge after a Tarkowski season. He is inferior to Davinson Sanchez in evert department
Yeah they haven't watched him. It's just a name that's associated with being fairly decent so it gets thrown around.

Since then there finances have been revealed.. owe barclays alone £500mil..
Got a loan to pay off the covid loan..losses over the last 3 years of over £200 mil...why do you think they got rid of so many players in jan?.. there skint or near too...and kroenke's l.a stadium build went $2.5 billion over budget.

Hate to disappoint you but in America, it’s the taxpayer who normally foot the bill for a significant proportion of Stadium/Arena costs.

I'm not sure they have a great deal of choice. They will need to offload players.

I suspect it will come down to the wages we can offer vs the likes of Woolwich.

Also, more to the point, the lad will want to play every single game and be the main man. He's spent years being an understudy. It's perfectly reasonable for him to not want to sit behind Kane and Son.
He will have to weigh up playing for a good team and a great manager in the Champions League vs playing for a shit team and shit manager in the Europa League but being the main man.

It could go either way but I'd like to think he would have the confidence to believe he can get into the Spurs first team. I'd be happy to have him.

Hmmmm all those players you named....there not shit Tarkowski is. Think about the ability blackhole that is the England centerbacks. Now think of all of the players even a coach as limited as Southgate has chosen before Tarkowski. Having had an actual look at him. People who suggest him can not have actually watched him very often. He is slow easily turned poor to react and has become oddly passive when marking. He makes Eric Dier look like Maldini. People who be hunting Levy like it was the Purge after a Tarkowski season. He is inferior to Davinson Sanchez in evert department

I'll be totally honest, I don't think I have ever actually watched him play football.
I just picked up on your comment that Burnley had the shittest defence in the PL.
Which is clearly wrong, they are actually pretty lean when it comes to conceding goals. Scoring is their issue. Their 53 against compared to: 84 for Norwich, 77 for Watford, 79 for Leeds, 66 for Everton, 67 for Southampton, 62, 56 for Brentford, 62 for Newcastle means only Palace (46) conceded less than Burnley in the bottom half. Leicester and United in the top half conceded more.

If Tarkowski is as shit as you say, then who is it that's making them that solid?

Has Hercules started his usual nonsense yet?

"I've been in meetings, it's going to be big, this is what we've been planning for all along, no one will be able to compete with us, look out City, we're taking over"

When even Mr."No funds will be available" Alasdair Gold is excited, it means that it's time for us to go utterly bonkers.

That front 3 of Messi - Lewandowski - Sterling will look decent in the Carabao Cup :contethumb:

Question lads. Gabriel Jesus....or Emmanuel Dennis, or Maxwell Cornet or even Sarr. I think Cornet had the physical attributes to be more useful centrally than Jesus as does Dennis, Sarr offers an option on either wing. Personally I'd like a punt on a real talent like Ekitke.

Hate to disappoint you but in America, it’s the taxpayer who normally foot the bill for a significant proportion of Stadium/Arena costs.
While this is SOP in the US (sadly), the LA stadium was 100% privately financed. There's beginning to be push back on publicly funded stadiums, at least in the major markets where the leagues lack the leverage these days.

The NFL did pay a fair whack of the stadium, as well. But Kroenke is married to Walmart money...he ain't crying poor over the stadium.

Question lads. Gabriel Jesus....or Emmanuel Dennis, or Maxwell Cornet or even Sarr. I think Cornet had the physical attributes to be more useful centrally than Jesus as does Dennis, Sarr offers an option on either wing. Personally I'd like a punt on a real talent like Ekitke.
Cornet would be incredible as a LWB more than a part of a front 3. He used to play as a LB at Lyon who was good going forward (something he proved at Burnley).

Conte is going to sign a proper LCB, RWB, LWB and CM that will go straight into his first 11 and that will fit his system like a glove, that much is guaranteed. Arteta will piss around signing a back up CB and LB because he decides he doesn't like Saliba or Nuno. The difference. - Some Cunt, Woolwich Mania

Some good reading over there. They are shitting it.

It could go either way but I'd like to think he would have the confidence to believe he can get into the Spurs first team. I'd be happy to have him.
Likewise, I think he would be an excellent addition (price depending, of course).

I just think we have to be realistic and understand that when we say 'we can offer you CL football', what it likely means is 'you'll get to watch Kane play CL football from the bench'.

I think it's perfectly understandable, and ambitious of him, to feel that this is not enough.

Back
Top Bottom