Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been hoping for this for at least 15 years tbh.

You can swear to imaginary beings all you like 😂

Think about our better signings over the years

Defoe, Carrick, Kanoute, Parker, Keane, Robinson. I don't have time to go back year on year and look for them all, but we have done very well from signing relegated teams players.
And it's not just us - Winjaldum to Liverpool, Joe Cole to Chelsea, Roy Keane to Man United.

There's good deals to be done and success to be had with this tactic.

That said, I'm glad Everton stayed up so we don't sniff around Richarlison. Fucking hate that prick.
Hmmmm all those players you named....there not shit Tarkowski is. Think about the ability blackhole that is the England centerbacks. Now think of all of the players even a coach as limited as Southgate has chosen before Tarkowski. Having had an actual look at him. People who suggest him can not have actually watched him very often. He is slow easily turned poor to react and has become oddly passive when marking. He makes Eric Dier look like Maldini. People who be hunting Levy like it was the Purge after a Tarkowski season. He is inferior to Davinson Sanchez in evert department

They have that money and are not scared of spending it. How much did they spend on Pepe, 75 mill? 50 mill on White etc. Kroenke opened the spending taps a few seasons ago without CL football on offer
Since then there finances have been revealed.. owe barclays alone £500mil..
Got a loan to pay off the covid loan..losses over the last 3 years of over £200 mil...why do you think they got rid of so many players in jan?.. there skint or near too...and kroenke's l.a stadium build went $2.5 billion over budget.

Hmmmm all those players you named....there not shit Tarkowski is. Think about the ability blackhole that is the England centerbacks. Now think of all of the players even a coach as limited as Southgate has chosen before Tarkowski. Having had an actual look at him. People who suggest him can not have actually watched him very often. He is slow easily turned poor to react and has become oddly passive when marking. He makes Eric Dier look like Maldini. People who be hunting Levy like it was the Purge after a Tarkowski season. He is inferior to Davinson Sanchez in evert department
Agreed 100%

He’s a dime-a-dozen CB overrated because he can hit a standard diagonal and throws himself in front of the ball.

Yea he can keep defenses busy. And get lot of screen time. And does a lot of running.

But fuck me, he does not produce ANYTHING at all.
People were acting like he proved something with Crystal Palace game (where he was brilliant, I agree)...
And after that ?!? he has played 655 minutes of EPL football and scoring 0 goals giving 2 assists. That is 1 goal involvement in 327,5 minutes.
That is nothing.

Having Moura as part of front 3 is almost like playing with 10 men.

Some still did not believe me when I pointed his non existent contribution few months back.
And then Kulu arrived. And people suddenly understood that 3rd player of the attacking trio could and should pitch in as well. And some eyes were opened.

We need to improve and Moura (approcahing age 30) will have to be sacrificed for that goal.
You have a short memory mate. Start of the season when Kane was still gathering his toys together, he really held it together for us.

I think I would prefer Sam Johnstone over Frazer Forster as backup. Neither are good enough for Lloris’s jersey.
Johnstone would have been ok. He's 30, still not that old for a keeper and better than all our recent back ups. Really not keen on Forster, not much younger than Lloris and was a bit of a laughing stock at Southampton upto this season when to be fair he's done pretty well. Yes its only a back up keeper but Lloris has a lot of games and a world cup to play.

Tarkovski is such an Everton type signing

We should be nowhere near him

The Gabriel Jesus links are really promising. I think he would be a perfect addition to our forward line. The issue is, will City even deal with us after the Kane fiasco? One look at the blue moon forum and the manc pricks are still bitter. Don’t want to entertain our bids.

Since then there finances have been revealed.. owe barclays alone £500mil..
Got a loan to pay off the covid loan..losses over the last 3 years of over £200 mil...why do you think they got rid of so many players in jan?.. there skint or near too...and kroenke's l.a stadium build went $2.5 billion over budget.

That's insane.

Anyone else mighty relieved we finished our stadium before covid and recession kicked in?

Who's to say we might not still be building it now and be left struggling financially as a result.

Sure, having to tighten our belts when we did sucked, but hindsight is starting to suggest it was worth it.

Last edited:
The Gabriel Jesus links are really promising. I think he would be a perfect addition to our forward line. The issue is, will City even deal with us after the Kane fiasco? One look at the blue moon forum and the manc pricks are still bitter. Don’t want to entertain our bids.
I'm not sure they have a great deal of choice. They will need to offload players.

I suspect it will come down to the wages we can offer vs the likes of Woolwich.

Also, more to the point, the lad will want to play every single game and be the main man. He's spent years being an understudy. It's perfectly reasonable for him to not want to sit behind Kane and Son.

You have a short memory mate. Start of the season when Kane was still gathering his toys together, he really held it together for us.

Can you define, what does "he held it together for us" ? Given that he failed to score or provide an assist within 11 first league games? Is just running around a bit enough to be qualified as "holding things together"? Is that the main attacking players job in your eyes?

Cause what concerns actual output - you know, goals which win you games - his only productive spell this season was after Conte arrived when in games nr12-16 he scored 2 goals and assisted 4. Which means his contribution for remainder of 33 games was 0 goals + 3 assists.

They have that money and are not scared of spending it. How much did they spend on Pepe, 75 mill? 50 mill on White etc. Kroenke opened the spending taps a few seasons ago without CL football on offer
And 125m spent on Pepe and White highlights how poorly their recruiting has been and how they're dramatically overpaying for mediocre talent.

They'd rather sell him to Woolwich since they're no threat to the Oil Cunts. They're less secure about us and Conte on the other hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom