Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still May and we seem to be close to announcing 3 players with luck.

But its a strange window due to the winter World Cup changing all dates including those of the registration of players

Player contracts run to 30 June, so the Transfer Window usually opens on 1 July but this season the Transfer Window opens on 10 June (although new contracts still start on 1 July), so with the players we are looking at :

Persic - Could be our first announcement as he's out of contract from a club not registered with the FA, so in theory could have signed a contract with Spurs from 1 January 2022 onwards.

Forster - Out of contract but registered to a club which, like Spurs, is affiliated to The FA, so I understand the earliest he can sign a contract with Spurs 30 days before 30 June ie 1 June. So might be a couple of days....?

Non free transfers - I think these can only be registered from 10 June onwards.

None of the above stops Patracio agreeing deals in advance, but might help determine any club announcements.

If we get Bastoni over the line as well, this could be one of the best windows in recent years.

These are the types of players we should be going for and to see it finally happen is quite surreal.

Antonio Conte, what a person.

Building winning mentality, bringing in winners…. We’re winning something next season, aren’t we?

Doesn’t one incoming player need to be homegrown if we are going to have a squad able to compete in 4 competitions? A first team player, not a buy-to-loan youngster.
I think this is why we will get Spence as our RWB. Has similar characteristics to Hakimi (obviously not as developed yet, this development was done under Conte), English and this loan to forest has done his attitude the world of good, it seems

Agree, Bissouma should be the Winks replacement.

But SMS/Eriksen should be the new CM option to enable us to switch formation. Hopefully getting a free transfer at LWB enables us to get 2 new midfielders.

In which case Eriksen..... Blowing 70-odd million on SMS just to have him as an option doesn't stack up.

I think we're waiting on Inter to secure Bremer before bidding for Bastoni. If Inter have the Bastoni money, buying Bremer will be much more expensive for them. I think they've asked Paratici to hold fire until they've got their man. Works out for both clubs!

I am disappointed that we're not in for Frenkie De Jong? One of the best midfielders in Europe and only 25. We could get him for £60 - £70 million.

I think we're waiting on Inter to secure Bremer before bidding for Bastoni. If Inter have the Bastoni money, buying Bremer will be much more expensive for them. I think they've asked Paratici to hold fire until they've got their man. Works out for both clubs!

I am disappointed that we're not in for Frenkie De Jong? One of the best midfielders in Europe and only 25. We could get him for £60 - £70 million.

I actually think we are waiting to get agreement with Inter for a suitable fee for Bastoni - with the implied threat that if we can't agree we will bid for Bremer.

And Inter need to raise money which they plan to do by selling Bastoni and buying a cheaper Bremer, but trying to make too much money by over pricing Bastoni .

I actually think we are waiting to get agreement with Inter for a suitable fee for Bastoni - with the implied threat that if we can't agree we will bid for Bremer.

And Inter need to raise money which they plan to do by selling Bastoni and buying a cheaper Bremer, but trying to make too much money by over pricing Bastoni .
I expect Bastoni will take a long time, cos he's a big ticket item. Inter's one chance to really rake in some cash.

In which case Eriksen..... Blowing 70-odd million on SMS just to have him as an option doesn't stack up.
If we are to compete for multiple trophies next season, our squad is key. Liverpool bought Diaz despite already having Mane at LW. City have great options off the bench.

I also like the fact that if we have SMS and Kulu, it means the opposition may be guessing before a big game if we go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.
Eriksen achieves the same effect and hence would be a great value alternative, I just rate SMS higher right now.

Doesn’t one incoming player need to be homegrown if we are going to have a squad able to compete in 4 competitions? A first team player, not a buy-to-loan youngster.

One if not two HG players in addition to Forster, assuming we sell Winks) in order to get to highest HG numbers we can.

Currently under UEFA definitions we have :

Club trained - Kane, Winks, Tanganga, Austin and next season Skipp (total 5 incl. Winks, min 4 required)

Trained by other clubs affiliated to The FA - Sessegnon

So total 6 HG including Winks, with minimum 8 required to get a full 25 man squad.

So two more HG plus Forster would certainly help to get as big a squad as possible

One if not two HG players in addition to Forster, assuming we sell Winks) in order to get to highest HG numbers we can.

Currently under UEFA definitions we have :

Club trained - Kane, Winks, Tanganga, Austin and next season Skipp (total 5 incl. Winks, min 4 required)

Trained by other clubs affiliated to The FA - Sessegnon

So total 6 HG including Winks, with minimum 8 required to get a full 25 man squad.

So two more HG plus Forster would certainly help to get as big a squad as possible
Devine and harvey white... dont they count ?

Back
Top Bottom