Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me Winks plus £20m for Richarlison would be a good deal. Issue is for Everton he is their main man, they rely on him a lot and I doubt they would sell.
They have deep FFP/financial issues, so it seems they have to sell. Richarlison also only has two years left on his deal and I imagine he's not dying to stick around Everton forever considering they've finished 8th, 12th, 10th, and 16th in his time there.

If he's not going to resign, this would be the summer to move him for maximum value. I personally think he'd be an amazing fit here.

I'm not sure Perisic is considered to play as RWB. As far as I can see, he was used on the left side in Conte's last season with Inter.

I think it is because he is right footed and played right wing at points earlier in his career. It’s basically to see if a Kostic - Perisic wing back is doable but if Perisic loves the left obviously not.

I'm not sure Perisic is considered to play as RWB. As far as I can see, he was used on the left side in Conte's last season with Inter.
Yeah, let's squash that one immediately. Perisic has never really played on the right in his career as a WB or winger. He'll only be playing RWB if we're having a selection crisis.

They have deep FFP/financial issues, so it seems they have to sell. Richarlison also only has two years left on his deal and I imagine he's not dying to stick around Everton forever considering they've finished 8th, 12th, 10th, and 16th in his time there.

If he's not going to resign, this would be the summer to move him for maximum value. I personally think he'd be an amazing fit here.

Oh I agree I like him as a player. He is strong, holds the ball up well, links well can play also as a winger with his pace and dribbling. He enables us to have a player who can cover the whole front 3.

Far superior IMO to Gabriel Jesus.

I see it similar fashion as Sess, Spence to learn from someone. Whether that someone is Doherty, remains to be seen. Who else could we bring in at RB similar fashion to Perisic?
RWB is such a weak spot player wise, we haven't really been linked to anyone interesting and just light internet scouting is pretty uninspiring. No idea what we're planning there.

Last edited:
Oh I agree I like him as a player. He is strong, holds the ball up well, links well can play also as a winger with his pace and dribbling. He enables us to have a player who can cover the whole front 3.

Far superior IMO to Gabriel Jesus.
Yeah, Richarlison's goal scoring numbers are pretty similar to Gabriel Jesus who has played in front of KDB, Silva (x2), Mahrez, Rodri, Grealish, Gundogan, etc. whereas Richarlison has had Delph, Davies, Gomes, and a bunch of other Everton wasters.

Yeah, Richarlison's goal scoring numbers are pretty similar to Gabriel Jesus who has played in front of KDB, Silva (x2), Mahrez, Rodri, Grealish, Gundogan, etc. whereas Richarlison has had Delph, Davies, Gomes, and a bunch of other Everton wasters.

My issue with Jesus isn’t even his goal numbers. It’s his all round play, if he doesn’t score you barely notice him on the pitch, Richarlison on the other hand is a bully, yes he play acts but he puts the opposition under pressure, Jesus doesn’t. Jesus is decent technically but he has 10 shit games for every 2-3 good ones.

To me Jesus is a typical Woolwich player. If Woolwich have a run of 4 wins he will have a few goals along with Saka and Smith-Rowe when Woolwich are on a bad patch he will be missing.

For me Winks plus £20m for Richarlison would be a good deal. Issue is for Everton he is their main man, they rely on him a lot and I doubt they would sell.
They actually have good cover in that position with Calvert-Lewin. So I'm sure they'll sell one of them. More likely Richarlison.

My issue with Jesus isn’t even his goal numbers. It’s his all round play, if he doesn’t score you barely notice him on the pitch, Richarlison on the other hand is a bully, yes he play acts but he puts the opposition under pressure, Jesus doesn’t. Jesus is decent technically but he has 10 shit games for every 2-3 good ones.
Yeah, Richarlison absolutely busts a gut and works his socks off all game.

He's one of those players you hate when they are on an opponent but love when they're on your team. His attitude reminds me a lot of young Dele, very fiery and lots of shithousery.

Much prefer him to Gabriel Jesus. Jesus had the whole Man City attack behind him and is mostly mediocre, there is a reason Pep doesn’t trust him much.

Richarlison Can play up top and is good at holding the ball up, linking but also can play as a winger both sides. Would offer cover for Kane, Son and Kulu.

Issue is the price not sure we want to be spending £50m.
tbf, that is about the going rate for a quality winger/striker in the PL, when buying from a club that doesn't want to sell, and the player isn't on a short contract.

I'd rather go for Jarrod Bowen as a general cover for the front line as he's homegrown.

Richardlison is a whiny diving prick but there's a player to mould into a quality forward.

tbf, that is about the going rate for a quality winger/striker in the PL, when buying from a club that doesn't want to sell, and the player isn't on a short contract.

I'd rather go for Jarrod Bowen as a general cover for the front line as he's homegrown.

Richardlison is a whiny diving prick but there's a player to mould into a quality forward.

Bowen is good but no way West Ham sell to us, Everton at least have big FFP issues.

I see it similar fashion as Sess, Spence to learn from someone. Whether that someone is Doherty, remains to be seen. Who else could we bring in at RB similar fashion to Perisic?
I really hope we're not going to use Doherty as 1st choice RWB. All Spence would learn from him is how not to control a football.

Given how much we paid for Emerson, and the fact we're unlikely to get anywhere near that fee back, I suspect it's more likely we sell Doherty after Conte partly resurrected his reputation late last season. There are mid-table clubs who might pay decent money for him.

For me, the wild card RWB could well be Adama Traore, who we were very close to signing before he went on loan to his boyhood club.

It looks like Barca won't be signing him permanently, so he may be available. Clearly, Conte saw parts of Adama's game he thought could work in his system. And I don't see why a loan spell where he wasn't used as a WB would change Conte's judgement.

I'm not convinced Adama is good enough defensively to play RWB. But judging by the Perisic story, & other examples of Conte manically working on a player's weaknesses, our coaches would certainly attempt to instil defensive discipline.

Much prefer him to Gabriel Jesus. Jesus had the whole Man City attack behind him and is mostly mediocre, there is a reason Pep doesn’t trust him much.
Pep started Jesus over Sterling and Mahrez in big games for City this season though.

He has good touch and link up play. Problem is his finishing, he sometimes has low confidence which is why his goals are far below xG.

To me Jesus is a typical Woolwich player. If Woolwich have a run of 4 wins he will have a few goals along with Saka and Smith-Rowe when Woolwich are on a bad patch he will be missing.
I don't really think it's close between Richarlison and Jesus.

The only issue with bringing in Richarlison is that Cuti might murder him.

I don't really think it's close between Richarlison and Jesus.

The only issue with bringing in Richarlison is that Cuti might murder him.
He’s a diving rat and shit at football. Why would anyone want that turd involved? He’s definitely no better than Berg, and Lucas is a far more likeable fella.

Pep started Jesus over Sterling and Mahrez in big games for City this season though.

He has good touch and link up play. Problem is his finishing, he sometimes has low confidence which is why his goals are far below xG.

Yes some games but he is City’s only real striker, if he was elite he would expect to be starting all the time. He is the most Woolwich of players, technically nice but he isn’t a fighter, he is a player that is streaky and does well when the sun shines. Richarlison isn’t perfect but for me he is a far better transfer target than Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom