Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Traore would be brilliant linking up with Kulusevski down the right side, I do think we lack a bit of pace and power in the team. Bissouma or Phillips added to our centre midfield would give us a bit more power in midfield too. A midfield 4 of Perisic, Bissouma, Skipp, Traore would be superb I think, especially with the technical skills of Kane and Kulusevski ahead of them.

Instead of teams only having Son to worry about as a player running in behind, they'd have to contend with Perisic and Traore wide too. Though I must confess, I don't know much about Spence, maybe he could provide the same.
Although he's not as quick as Son, Kulusevski has shown that he can also dangerous runs in behind.

I mean, tapping up happens constantly, I think unless it is egregious no one really cares and it is the coin of the realm.

It's also different when it happens in the offseason.
Sure. But if conte is speaking to him he must have permission surely

I don’t think we’d be ok with pep to have a chat with Harry ‘to soften him up’ season or off-season

My reading of this is he’s up for sale

Forster, Perisic, and Eriksen (?) are such smart signings alongside our 150m investment (plus player sales). Super reliable and experienced players on frees that allows to put down 50m or more per signing at LCB, RWB, CM, front 3 goal scorer.
Again...ALL players with a market value will demand signing-on fees and bonuses as well as a higher salary that they normally wouldn't have gotten. And I would presume that those expenses would be eating into the transfer budget.

Again...ALL players with a market value will demand signing-on fees and bonuses as well as a higher salary that they normally wouldn't have gotten. And I would presume that those expenses would be eating into the transfer budget.
Seems like Perisic is only getting 75k/week and Forster reported as taking a paycut. I doubt that Eriksen will try to hardball us on salary either, considering his history with us, desire to play UCL, and how he antagonized Levy leaving the club.

So while your point is often true, I think we might be fortunate here. None of these guys are peak career free transfers either, like when you see the crazy signing on numbers and salaries. Think we've done well here.

Last edited:
Seems doable that we will bring in 4 first teamers (lwb, rwb, left CB, cm) and maybe another 4 players for the squad (GK, CB, cm, fwd).

Get business done early enough and Conte will have HIS team drilled and ready for the start of the season. Not had so much optimism about Spurs for a long time, maybe ever.

There's so many layers of funny to this....

- Chavs will lose money.
- Chavs will struggle to get anyone notably better to replace him.
- Will push Arse further down the pecking order in their search for an ST too.
Can Chavs re sign Tammy Abraham this summer? I recall something about buy back clause when they sold him last summer to Roma.

If we signed Djed Spence, he would give us another FA-affiliated player in the squad, same as Sess.

Also, Jack Clarke will be returning from loan, and presumably Conte & our coaches will take a look at him pre-season. It seems unlikely he'll make it with us, but I assume he is FA-affiliated for squad purposes.

Jack Clarke won't be good enough for a squad place next season - I'd have thought Marcel Lavinier (RWB/LWB) or Tobi Omole (LCB/LB) would be better bets although unlikely given our rumoured spending plans, so if they are signing contract extensions are more likely to be loaned out.

Agree Spence (if we sign him) would fill one of empty HG slots in the squad.

Can Chavs re sign Tammy Abraham this summer? I recall something about buy back clause when they sold him last summer to Roma.
I hope they do. He's not worth whatever money they'd pay, which is sure to be more than the 40m that Roma paid.

He is a proper whiny cunt, but he's a decent player with great potential. His physicality is something we need.

Son, PEH, Benta, etc and even Kane don't like to throw their weight around. He'd be an absolute star in that regard.
I would struggle to watch us with that creature feigning death. Would definitely boo him

If this happens, we are a RWB away from a very very good first XI...

---------------------Lloris--------------------
-----------Romero-Dier-Bastoni----------
New RWB-Bentancur-Hojbjerg-Perisic
-----------Kulusevski-Kane-Son-----------

Add to this Eriksen on a free, another robust CM option, and then a forward who can play across the front 3 and we're really cooking.

He is a proper whiny cunt, but he's a decent player with great potential. His physicality is something we need.

Son, PEH, Benta, etc and even Kane don't like to throw their weight around. He'd be an absolute star in that regard.
Averaged 9 PL goals per season over the last 5 years, mainly playing as the main man. Can you really be talking about potential at this point in his career?

If this happens, we are a RWB away from a very very good first XI...

---------------------Lloris--------------------
-----------Romero-Dier-Bastoni----------
New RWB-Bentancur-Hojbjerg-Perisic
-----------Kulusevski-Kane-Son-----------

Add to this Eriksen on a free, another robust CM option, and then a forward who can play across the front 3 and we're really cooking.
Still have Skipp who will compete with that pair too

Need to move some on tho

Back
Top Bottom