Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Croatian midfielder Ivan Perisic, 33, has agreed terms on a two-year deal with Tottenham, with sources close to the Inter Milan player believing the London club will beat both Chelsea and Juventus to his signature. (Independent

Getting Spurs back in to the CL and keeping us there as well competing at the top end of the table was and is a priority to Levy…

Elite Facilities ✅
Elite Manager ✅
Financial Ability ✅
Elite Team*
Success*

* Will be ticking the next one very soon

Doherty as the starting RWB? no thank you. Doherty as a sub I would accept providing Spence is not the one being brought in to be the starter.

in an ideal world I would replace both Doherty and Royal with Spence being the back up rwb.
This is why I would prefer to use Ivan Perišić as an RWB, and bring in Spence as an understudy RWB, and at LWB bring in Angeliño or David Raum and keep Sessegnon.
And yes, I am convinced that Ivan Perišić will be equally effective as a RWB

One if not two HG players in addition to Forster, assuming we sell Winks) in order to get to highest HG numbers we can.

Currently under UEFA definitions we have :

Club trained - Kane, Winks, Tanganga, Austin and next season Skipp (total 5 incl. Winks, min 4 required)

Trained by other clubs affiliated to The FA - Sessegnon

So total 6 HG including Winks, with minimum 8 required to get a full 25 man squad.

So two more HG plus Forster would certainly help to get as big a squad as possible
If we signed Djed Spence, he would give us another FA-affiliated player in the squad, same as Sess.

Also, Jack Clarke will be returning from loan, and presumably Conte & our coaches will take a look at him pre-season. It seems unlikely he'll make it with us, but I assume he is FA-affiliated for squad purposes.

Forster, Perisic, and Eriksen (?) are such smart signings alongside our 150m investment (plus player sales). Super reliable and experienced players on frees that allows to put down 50m or more per signing at LCB, RWB, CM, front 3 goal scorer.

If we signed Djed Spence, he would give us another FA-affiliated player in the squad, same as Sess.

Also, Jack Clarke will be returning from loan, and presumably Conte & our coaches will take a look at him pre-season. It seems unlikely he'll make it with us, but I assume he is FA-affiliated for squad purposes.
I think we're more or less fine with homegrown for next year at least in the league (weird Welsh and Irish rules with UEFA): Forster, 3rd choice keeper, Sess and Skipp turn 22 and thus qualify, Davies, Kane, Tanganga, Doherty, and potentially Spence.

Catching up on yesterday's news, but I hope these Richarlison links have legs. He'd be a proper Kane back up but can also play across the front 3. Works hard, has quality and will look better in a good team. He's a better fit for us than Jesus I think.

Much prefer him to Gabriel Jesus. Jesus had the whole Man City attack behind him and is mostly mediocre, there is a reason Pep doesn’t trust him much.

Richarlison Can play up top and is good at holding the ball up, linking but also can play as a winger both sides. Would offer cover for Kane, Son and Kulu.

Issue is the price not sure we want to be spending £50m.

Much prefer him to Gabriel Jesus. Jesus had the whole Man City attack behind him and is mostly mediocre, there is a reason Pep doesn’t trust him much.

Richarlison Can play up top and is good at holding the ball up, linking but also can play as a winger both sides. Would offer cover for Kane, Son and Kulu.

Issue is the price not sure we want to be spending £50m.
Wouldn’t throw more than 25mil on either

The seeming drumbeat that we're going to get Spence seems a bit odd to me. Good prospect, but we clearly need a starting level player to improve the RWB spot and it is very against Conte's record to not seek experienced players.

Makes me wonder if we want him in a backup role with a more experienced player in front of him like what we're going to do with Perisic and Sess. So maybe we'll sell both Doherty and Emerson? Or maybe Doherty did really convince Conte during his run of form.

The seeming drumbeat that we're going to get Spence seems a bit odd to me. Good prospect, but we clearly need a starting level player to improve the RWB spot and it is very against Conte's record to not seek experienced players.

Makes me wonder if we want him in a backup role with a more experienced player in front of him like what we're going to do with Perisic and Sess. So maybe we'll sell both Doherty and Emerson? Or maybe Doherty did really convince Conte during his run of form.

I see it similar fashion as Sess, Spence to learn from someone. Whether that someone is Doherty, remains to be seen. Who else could we bring in at RB similar fashion to Perisic?

Back
Top Bottom