Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe there's more to come from McKennie but that this point in their careers Bentancur is much better. I'll take into account McKennie has only played for struggling Juve coaches, and I liked him a lot at Schalke. . Bentancur started for Juventus in two league winning teams. Bentancur played 600mins more than him last season. Bentancur only played 200mins less for Juventus this season and he's been with Tottenham since January. McKennie has often played left of a strange 4-4-2 for Juventus and has never performed as consistently well for anybody as Bentancur has for us since January. Bentancur is better than McKennie at pretty much everything a midfielder is supposed to do, except he gets in the box often and has good scope for goal-scoring ability.
The difference in minutes is due to injury. McKennie generally started ahead of Bentancur (which is part of the reason they let Bentancur come to us in January, instead of McKennie)

Willian was pretty poor for Chelsea for 18 months, turned up 1 in 9.
His last season there was one of his better ones in with 9 goals and 9 assists. Chelsea offered him a new two year deal but he chose the 3 year deal on offer at Woolwich.

My point is that clubs have to be very careful about signing older players on big contracts even if they are free transfers. I can't think of many examples where these types of signings work out.

His last season there was one of his better ones in with 9 goals and 9 assists. Chelsea offered him a new two year deal but he chose the 3 year deal on offer at Woolwich.

My point is that clubs have to be very careful about signing older players on big contracts even if they are free transfers. I can't think of many examples where these types of signings work out.
The difference here is that Perisic has been performing brilliantly in this role set for him by our current manager. And even if his level dropped off a little, he's still way better than Sess or reg. Gets us through next season and if whoever we keep out of reg/Sess doesn't improve, we can sell them, make Perisic the backup and buy a younger, quality player as first choice next summer.

For now though, this is a great move from us.

I kinda get the feeling that Bastoni would stay at Inter if he had his choice. Looking through a few interviews with him in the past, seems the type who'd love to stick around while they have a competitive team and fight for league titles. Seems there's only legs to a potential transfer because Inter want to force through a 60m sale and losing him is preferable to losing Lautaro.
It’s ok, once he’s here he will fall in love with-a the Tottenham.

life mix GIF

That's a starting left wing back sorted. I wonder if Conte wants Doherty for the right, with Spence as backup. Then it's Reg or Sess as backup for the left side, we sell whichever one Conte doesn't want.
Doherty as the starting RWB? no thank you. Doherty as a sub I would accept providing Spence is not the one being brought in to be the starter.

in an ideal world I would replace both Doherty and Royal with Spence being the back up rwb.

More than happy with Sess/Perisic as our LWB options.
Less excited about Doherty/Spence on the right - would like a premium upgrade there but there hasn't been any solid links.

If we assume:
Forster - Free
Perisic - Free
Eriksen - Free

That leaves a lot of cash to play with. Lets also assume

Bastoni - 50m

From the 150m (ignoring any other income we can put towards transfers) that leaves us with 100m to strengthen the following areas:
-RWB: Spence (15m)
- CM: Bissouma (30m) or SMS (70M)

We will probably also want to bring a forward in. Maybe the type we target will depend on the CM we bring in.

I.e. pay 70m for SMS bring in a cheaper forward (Jesus) for 40m
Or, pay 30m for Bissouma bring in an expensive forward (Martinez) for 60-70m

Doherty as the starting RWB? no thank you. Doherty as a sub I would accept providing Spence is not the one being brought in to be the starter.

in an ideal world I would replace both Doherty and Royal with Spence being the back up rwb.
If Doherty has finally "clicked", like in those 5/6 games where he had the g+a of a top striker, he'd be a decent starter.

the RWB market is pretty thin right now.

Very happy with Perisic even though he’s getting on

Some of the positions we got Sessegnon into towards the end of the season were great but he was too meek to do anything with them, perisic is the complete opposite of that. Direct, creative, two great feet. I can see him getting over 10 goals this season

I’m presuming he’ll play on the left and we’ll go for a right wing back also

Hopefully we sell Reguilon, Sessegnon has potential so I’d be inclined to keep him and let him learn from perisic for a couple of years

Get YB fir £30M if no legal issues rather than someone from
Overseas. It’s a no brainier really as he is use to tje PL and physical demands especially in CM. Loll what happened when we spent £100M on 2 midfielders from abroad. Use the cash to buy some quality forwards depending on how many we release. Plus if conte persists with 2 in Cm then get ericksen and he can have either one of skipp. PEH or YB as partner in games where we will have majority of the ball. If we have 3 solid CDs then we don’t necessary meds a midfield enforcer.

Back
Top Bottom