Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

https://www.footmercato.net/a3082366388177946696-Woolwich-nicolas-pepe-propose-au-psg

No longer really in the odor of sanctity at Woolwich, Nicolas Pépé is on the start. It remains to be seen where the former Lille player could land. According to our information, he was offered to PSG...​

Spurs should have let him complete and pass the medical ....and then call him and offer him the contract agreement.
This would have served 3 purposes: 1) a revenge on the Willian saga, 2) humiliate Chelski & their new owners, 3) saved Levy money on a medical.
PS! They should have Chelski pay for his taxi.

Last edited:

No longer really in the odor of sanctity at Woolwich, Nicolas Pépé is on the start. It remains to be seen where the former Lille player could land. According to our information, he was offered to PSG...​

There's a much bigger chance that PSG would take Ndombele than Pépé.
I remember Pépé was also wanted by Spurs, so that's a bullet dodged. And a lesson learned: never buy a Ligue 1 player after just 1 "exceptional" season,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18709930/tottenham-Woolwich-transfer-spence-conte/

Spence, on loan at the City Ground from Middlesbrough, has caught the eye of a number of Premier League clubs.

Woolwich are among them, after his standout display knocked Mikel Arteta's side out of the FA Cup.

But, just as Spurs pipped their North London rivals into the top four, they are also set to steal Spence from under their noses too.

Antonio Conte views him as a potential right wing-back upgrade as the Italian looks to invest heavily in his squad this summer.

Perisic has bags of champions league experience, which we will benefit from next year ! If we have ambitions of going far in the tournament we need strength , depth and competition for places.

2. Today's mentions:

NAMECLUBPOSAGECONTRACTTMARKT
MCKENNIEJUVENTUSDM232025
TARKOWSKIBURNLEYCB292022
ISAKREAL SOCIEDADST222026
JESUSMAN CITYAM252023
SPENCEBORO/FORESTRB212024
JOHNSONFORESTAM212023
SCOTTBRISTOL CITYRM182025
TRAOREWOLVES/BARCARWB262023
MUKIELERB LEIPZIGRB242023
KEELEYST PATRICKSGK192022
SINGOTORINORB212023
OBLAKA MADRIDGK292023
GVARDIOLRB LEIPZIGCB202026
MOLINAUDINESERB242026

Last edited:

Spence, on loan at the City Ground from Middlesbrough, has caught the eye of a number of Premier League clubs.

Woolwich are among them, after his standout display knocked Mikel Arteta's side out of the FA Cup.

But, just as Spurs pipped their North London rivals into the top four, they are also set to steal Spence from under their noses too.

Antonio Conte views him as a potential right wing-back upgrade as the Italian looks to invest heavily in his squad this summer.
reverse Emanuel Petit

Perisic towards Conte

e0bbc0e9c0ae6c62786be9f2135050a9.jpg

I honestly know nothing about Perisic. Yesterday afternoon I was texted by a mate saying we were going to get him, forwarded it to my son who got quite excited. He sent me this overnight.

He plays like he's 26, he runs more than our 25 year old on the opposite wing. He started 90% of our matches this season and never looked tired. He regularly has higher energy in the 90th than people subbed on in the 65th.

He's got great pace, quite possibly the most two footed player ever, puts in beautiful crosses, and can be relied on to cut inside and score a few bangers every year. Pretty decent in the air for a wb too. He's not a defensive mastermind or anything, but he rarely gets exposed even against top class wingers. Rarely makes stupid decisions defensively, good tackler but even better with positioning. Not the strongest guy in the world but understands how to position himself to not get bullied off the ball. Extremely versatile, can play LWB, RWB, and SS with no noticable drop in quality. I know Conte doesn't use traditional wingers, but he can play that role too if needed.

You should be ecstatic

I think it's from an Inter fan on Reddit. He uses that site a lot for all sorts (says it v good btw for Better Call Saul if there are any aficionados here)
Reddit is good if you trust the opinions of Americans who started watching football in the last two years, or less. It’s great for a lot of other things though.

Edit: funnily enough, I just got banned for pointing that out 😂 it’s funny they think they’re real fans but 99% won’t ever see any stadium, let alone ours, in real life.

Last edited:
The more I've thought about it, the more I like the potential free signing of Perisic. He's past his best but is still quality on the ball and the likes of Kulusevski will learn from and improve because of him being around. The fact that he also won't cost any of the transfer money Conte has to play with is also obviously a big positive. Get him signed up!

Perisic and Saint-Maximin 👍🏻

Richarlison and Traore 👎🏻

Saint-Maximin is a funny one because he's really entertaining to watch, but his actual goals/assists record for a player of his talent is really quite poor. He's also 25 so I'm not sure he will ever suddenly find that consistent final ball. Would certainly have him as a squad player but I don't think he would come cheap.

The more I've thought about it, the more I like the potential free signing of Perisic. He's past his best but is still quality on the ball and the likes of Kulusevski will learn from and improve because of him being around. The fact that he also won't cost any of the transfer money Conte has to play with is also obviously a big positive. Get him signed up!
last season was one of his best seasons ever so I'm don't even think he's past his best despite his age.

Yes and no, depends on the player. Rooney was finished at 28 for example….. but Perisic played 35 league games which suggests he’s in great shape and five subs rule makes it a no brainer
Absolutely, players who look after themselves and avoid troublesome injuries, because of sport science and nutrition they can play longer at top level. Perisic looks a great signing.

Back
Top Bottom