Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

McKennie started over Bentancur at Juve. Not sure how Bent is better.

I do agree that there is a tier above McKennie, like SMS, but McKennie is a very good player and the way he gets into the box and finishes would probably help us break down teams that park the bus.
I think Bentancur is probably the silkiest of that group of four.

We have two runners in Skipp and PEH already. McKennie seems like another runner with a bit more of a goal threat.

I think more than that we need our next CM to be technically great and a very creative passer which McKennie is not.

If that happens, I'm, genuinely, posting a a clip of my wank.

Would be easily the best defence in the league.

A back 3 that can take care of themselves and are all good to great passers allowing two of the most dangerous wingbacks in Europe to go and do their thing.

You stick a Bissouma/SMS alongside Bentancur/Skipp in CM and I'd find it hard to argue anyone has a better XI than us in the league.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Bastoni
Perisic --------------------- Kostic
Bentancur --- SMS
Kulusevski -- Kane -- Son​

Needn't have bothered tbf.

He did OK..... Just got rusty cos he was starved of gametime when he could have easily been serviced in cups and as a late sub.

Worth it alone for Ajax & City away in the CL tho..... Esp. Ajax.... He totally ruined them as a foil for Lucas, Dele and Son

Last edited:
McKennie started over Bentancur at Juve. Not sure how Bent is better.

I do agree that there is a tier above McKennie, like SMS, but McKennie is a very good player and the way he gets into the box and finishes would probably help us break down teams that park the bus.
Maybe there's more to come from McKennie but that this point in their careers Bentancur is much better. I'll take into account McKennie has only played for struggling Juve coaches, and I liked him a lot at Schalke. . Bentancur started for Juventus in two league winning teams. Bentancur played 600mins more than him last season. Bentancur only played 200mins less for Juventus this season and he's been with Tottenham since January. McKennie has often played left of a strange 4-4-2 for Juventus and has never performed as consistently well for anybody as Bentancur has for us since January. Bentancur is better than McKennie at pretty much everything a midfielder is supposed to do, except he gets in the box often and has good scope for goal-scoring ability.

I kinda get the feeling that Bastoni would stay at Inter if he had his choice. Looking through a few interviews with him in the past, seems the type who'd love to stick around while they have a competitive team and fight for league titles. Seems there's only legs to a potential transfer because Inter want to force through a 60m sale and losing him is preferable to losing Lautaro.

This is great. Our best recent transfers have been Romero (24), Kulusevski (22), Bentancur (24).. we're targeting Bastoni (22)... It really doesn't hurt to bring in a CL quality player of his age for no significant transfer fee.

Another reason why Eriksen is a no brainer too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom