Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Adama would be a good addition. He scares the fuck out of opponents and drags players to him causing chaos. He skill set not so much, but to change a game and lift the tempo, for £20M would be decent business.
and if anyone can alter his game it’s Cont.
Richardason over Jesus every time. He is a bastard to play against. I

I think Adama would be a good addition. He scares the fuck out of opponents and drags players to him causing chaos. He skill set not so much, but to change a game and lift the tempo, for £20M would be decent business.
and if anyone can alter his game it’s Cont.
Richardason over Jesus every time. He is a bastard to play against. I
I'd rather we win some football trophies before we launch THRC, honestly.

It's weird because that's exactly the sort of side I CAN see him starting against (though not doing 90 of course - he'll hardly ever do 90, and that's fine for a player of his type). For me, he'd be useless against lower half sides or those where we have lots of possession - but in games against sides that will dominate possession and make it difficult for us to 'get out', his ability to smash past people and get us up the field would be invaluable.
Possibly.

His ability to beat a man or two and open up space could be invaluable against two banks of five tho (if he learns to release it at the right time which might happen with Conte’s draconian coaching patterns)

Really glad we are making early moves in the Transfer Window - one reason being that Chelsea cannot promise to complete on any deal until the sale of the club is completed, and I see them as potentially being the rival club most active in this window for defenders (in particular) with Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen contracts expiring (and guaranteed to go) with Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso being speculated to also leave - so will be looking for 4 defenders,

I think ManCity and Liverpool are reasonably well off for defenders.

Really glad we are making early moves in the Transfer Window - one reason being that Chelsea cannot promise to complete on any deal until the sale of the club is completed, and I see them as potentially being the rival club most active in this window for defenders (in particular) with Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen contracts expiring (and guaranteed to go) with Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso being speculated to also leave - so will be looking for 4 defenders,

I think ManCity and Liverpool are reasonably well off for defenders.
Yup. Chavski are losing pretty much their entire defence and have a £90m striker who's only good when Conte is his coach....

The chavs would be potential dangers chucking money at agents & trying to gazump our transfer deals, so that's a prime reason to get our top defensive targets in early.

its good to see conte adressing our weak areas

our frontline and perisic and bastoni in defence would be the shit

interesting to see if we target de jong or something since he wants cl football and rejected united

its good to see conte adressing our weak areas

our frontline and perisic and bastoni in defence would be the shit

interesting to see if we target de jong or something since he wants cl football and rejected united
Nah, De Jong too expensive for his ability.

This is my realistic wish for the window:

IN: Perisic, Bastoni, Spence, Bissouma, SMS, Terrier
OUT: Reguilon, Sanchez, Emerson, Winks, Bergwijn

Nah, De Jong too expensive for his ability.

This is my realistic wish for the window:

IN: Perisic, Bastoni, Spence, Bissouma, SMS, Terrier
OUT: Reguilon, Sanchez, Emerson, Winks, Bergwijn

SMS ain't coming. Count on it.
Spence as the RWB "upgrade" would be really underwhelming.
We'd be lucky to get Bissouma.
No Eriksen? Wtf?
Terrier is ok, I guess...

Yup. Chavski are losing pretty much their entire defence and have a £90m striker who's only good when Conte is his coach....

The chavs would be potential dangers chucking money at agents & trying to gazump our transfer deals, so that's a prime reason to get our top defensive targets in early.
Kante and Jorginho with one year on their contracts and past 30 too.

SMS ain't coming. Count on it.
Why so pessimistic?

Spence as the RWB "upgrade" would be really underwhelming.
Yeah he's not elite, but are there any elite RWBs on the market?

We'd be lucky to get Bissouma.
I think we can convince him with a good pitch; we're now an attractive proposition to join.

No Eriksen? Wtf?
Wouldn't see the point in getting both SMS & Eriksen. Out of those 2 Eriksen is more realistic, but would be my second choice.

Terrier is ok, I guess...
I like Bergwijn but he seems destined to leave. We need a guy to replace him who can cover LW and CF. Gouiri is another option for that, who would you prefer?

Back
Top Bottom