Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The purchases will given an indication of the system.

352 - we need one more CM/AM and one multi role forward. Paqueta and Richarlison maybe.

343 - we need two forwards, one a CF and the other perhaps a wide player. Raphinha and Richarlison maybe.

We need sufficient quality in depth in order to play either system and as important to cover the bench ready for the proposition of using five subs, in fact the second reason being the most important.

I don't understand why some are pissing their britches.

We've signed two high quality first-teamers and a useful back-up before the month is half way through.

Y'all need to put the crack pipe down.

cat-drugs.gif

Unpopular opinion but true.

For the excellent player that he was for us for most of his Spurs career and for what he’s been through, I can understand why people want him back, but those people need to take their rose-tinted glasses off and remember how absolutely fucking diabolical Eriksen was for us for the two seasons before he left.

Practically every corner would fail to beat the first defender and he was nowhere near the influential player that he was for the bulk of his Spurs career. He then downed tools, refused to sign an extension and left on the cheap a few months before his contract expired.

He did well for Brentford this season, I think he should stay there. United would be a bad move for him as expectations would be sky high and the pressure would be huge. Big fish in a small pond. Surrounded by Danes. Loved by everyone. If they’re offering him respectable money then he should take it.

This will likely be downvoted to oblivion by his fans but it doesn’t change the facts.

Fernandes and Eriksen in the same starting eleven?

Yes please!

We'd eat that pair on the break.

Spence for anything under 20 million is a gamble worth taking

He’s got all the attributes to be great in a conte system, just question marks over his mentality

Spence with Doc as back up is fine by me for the season
Is Spence better than Emerson?

Yup.... Still really doors. For some reason people think every club is gonna do all their business early this summer. Even with the WC looming, this is not realistic.

Agreed, and some clubs will try to hold out for unrealistic fees (and ditto players/agents for wages) so these transfers may well happened late in the window.

We really do have the most placid, easy to please fan base don't we

:harrylol:
Very wrong on this JT. Surely even the most avid Levy hater must accept that the available funds have been made publicly available to a demanding manager? Looks to me like not re-signing Eriksen would be more down to Conte than Levy.
I’m cool with all the signings and signs so far. Conte isn’t staying here to boost ENIC’s portfolio and he’s happy so far. If he walks because he isn’t backed, you’ll have a point. But for now I think you’re slagging off for the sake of slagging off
:vdvshh:

Back
Top Bottom