Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Utd's revenue is around £690M for 2022, ours is £494M over the same period. The gap has closed massively in less than 5 years.

Chelsea generated £450M in 2022, at a time when they were in the CL and with those huge sponsorship deals you mentioned. Lower revenues, higher outgoings. If we haven't overtaken them it's only in relation to success on the pitch.

Liverpool generated £540M in 2022, also with CL etc.

All of the above are currently at peak or are dropping off, we've only started on the journey, as 2022 is just the first year we've been able to start seeing the benefits of the stadium, and we haven't yet had the full quota of events etc planned.

In 2022 we didn't have the CL income and we still have naming rights to the stadium to finalise.

We're a whole lot closer than I think you realise.
Where you getting your numbers from?

Swizzramble has us at £360m for 2020/21 and £391 the season before that (due to covid), so of course it's gone up, but the latest accounts haven't been published yet have they?

Liverpool are at 490m. Still well over 100m.

We're definitely closing in on United at a rapid pace, but as your own numbers show we're still £200m off.

How are they going to afford this much, esp without CL?

Veira already cost £35m; Jesus £50m, Raphinha £55m. That's already £140m.
I wonder if after all this they can afford to go after CBs and LBs, 2 positions they also want additions in.
Premier League clubs make lots of money. They've got rid of lots of big earners. Owners pump in money** They spend 80-150m every summer. Selling the likes of Pepe, Cedric, Leno, Mari, Holding. FFP doesn't exist.

If Raphinha is going to hold out for Chelsea and Barca, I can't see him ending up here. If we truly want things done before Korea, I don't see the timeline working out.

Out of Jesus, Richarlison and Raphinha, who seem to be the 3 forwards we are heavily linked too. Who would you want?

Heart goes Raphinha because he is classy but head is very much Richarlison, he is the most rounded of them, aggressive, decent finisher, powerful hold up play and can genuinely play striker and winger, saved Everton’s arse this season and seems to have a strong mentality as well as let’s be honest dark arts.

Jesus a distant 3rd, in a team of elite AM’s supporting him he is less than deadly, goes missing a lot as well and doesn’t seem trusted by Pep or Brazil to the level you would want. Would be I think an average signing on the whole.

Mad how POK has gone from some DJ at a random bar to an FA registered intermediary, somewhat ITK for the club and one of the more well known figures within the fanbase

He is the one of the very few on Twitter that i would suggest has contacts within the club, and also has a knowledge of what other clubs are up to.

I think I would go for the Brazilian

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Out of Jesus, Richarlison and Raphinha, who seem to be the 3 forwards we are heavily linked too. Who would you want?
Richarlison for me, I think his tenacity, versatility, and shithousery are a natural fit with Conte.

Think Antonio would bring him up to the next level.

Raphinha is the most talented and dangerous. Sensational RW, very good LW. Hasn't played CF.
Richarlison is very good LW and CF, but not great at RW.

Given that Kuluveski at RW is the most rotatable player, I'd go for Raphinha. If Kane injured, play Raphinha Son Kuluveski as front 3- that's still deadly.

Back
Top Bottom