Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

de Ligt 🤔 So...Romero - de Ligt - Gvardiol :cool:

The Don "inserting" himself into the transfer negotiations.

VN1ip_EXSgCkde227UoxYu9zL1-sEPN53FsUb8lzFSE.jpg

Raphinha* would tick that box though.

Being able to dribble past people and score would add a different dimension to our attack; Son Kulu Kane Raph, 4 ppl for 3 positions, would improve our first XI.

In the context i just used.... That's just improving the bench.

Hugo
??? / Rom / Dier / ??? / Perisic
+1 / Bissouma
Kulu / Kane / Son
......I want the first XI improved wherever possible.

Richarlison, Bremer, Spence, Bissouma, Perisic , Forster. Are we happy with this if this is the final outcome of our window?
Would like at least one signing which is stardust. Apart from YB the others don’t get your pulse raising. Ok perisic is good but his 32/33. One magic player is needed. We still wouldn’t have that player where we have plenty of the ball deep in the opposition half and need to find the killer pass. Hence I have said May be we should get ericksen for such games or go for raphina or neves. Need a player who is gonna provide some magic.

Hugo
+1 / Bissouma
Kulu / Kane / Son

Next season the 'first team' may well be 18 - 20 players (plus 4 genuine squad players) given the amount of rotation required - hence 5 subs per game. All due to season being one month shorter than last season .... but same number of games so most weeks its playing midweek so no rest = rotation throughout squad.

So its improving top 18+ players not top 11

By "creative mid"; considering us a 343 team for the most part; what position specifically are you guys talking about?

I can't see some high grade player wanting to be little more than a plan B and thus spend 3/4 of the season without a sniff.......

This is why Eriksen would have been so ideal; could have rotated with Kulu and also dropped into a 3 on the odd time we made a switch to 352.
100%?still don’t understand it. I’m sure with the WC coming players prbly don’t want to be flogged to death before it. So rotation will be key.

Arse always spend a fuck ton of money and £150m in 2022 is nothing like it was in in 2012 when they started really throwing it about.
Let's not forget this is the Arse that spent:
£72m on Pepe
£57m on PEH (and gave him away)
£50m on Ben White
£48m on Lacazette and lost him on a free
£45m on Partey who never plays
£42m on Ozil and paid him to leave
£38m on Xhaka who get's sent off and is suspended as often as he plays
£38m on Sanchez who they swapped for some one i can't spell and lost for sod all
£37m on Mustafi - £37m!!!
£31m for Odegaad who is bang average
£31m for Fabio Viera - no one knows who he is
£27m on Saliba who has been on loan for 27 years and won't come back
£26m on Torreira - has he been held captive by drug lords as I haven't seen him?

I haven't even been selective here - that is 13 of their 14 biggest fees with the 14th being the unpronounceable Mkhitaryan who they swapped Sanchez for.

They throw money about every summer and it rarely gets them anything. Arse and Everton make our spending look brilliant.
That list puts our big “flops” into perspective!

Only Odegaard there who you’d say is good value.

Hugo
+1 / Bissouma
Kulu / Kane / Son
I think Raphinha is better than Kulu, but if we signed him it wouldn't be one or the other; 4 attackers sharing 3 spots is every much in 'first XI' territory when competing for trophies.

Back
Top Bottom