Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's still kinda laughable. Don't think we can push on with Davies as first choice, honestly.
I don't think Davies is holding us back tbh.

He is a committed defender who suits a back three. Neat passer and doesn't have many brain farts.

The key first team issues for me were a more press resistant CM (Bissouma) and better wingbacks (1 down, 1 to go).

I don't think a LCB upgrade has anywhere near the impact of the above positions or adding decent attacking cover which will allow us to rest Son/Kane.

Dier and Davies are just not fashionable players so some people want to spunk 80m on a 20-year old who's had one good season in a pub league.

Torino director of sport Davide Vagnati is heading to London, reportedly for meetings with Tottenham, Chelsea and Leicester City regarding Gleison Bremer and Dennis Praet.

According to La Stampa newspaper, Vagnati is going to be in the Capital of England either tonight or tomorrow.

He has several appointments lined up with Premier League clubs as the transfer market gets into full swing.

A meeting is arranged with Leicester City to discuss Praet, as the Belgium international midfielder spent this season on loan at Torino at a cost of €1m.

The player made 23 Serie A appearances, scoring two goals and providing two assists, so negotiations will try to either extend the loan for another year or work out terms on a permanent transfer.

While in London, the Toro director is also expected to speak with Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur about centre-back Bremer, who was named top defender in Serie A for the 2021-22 campaign.

The asking price is circa €40m, which is why the Brazilian has not yet signed for his preferred option, Inter.

The Nerazzurri are trying to bring the cost down to €28m, possibly with a loan and obligation to buy so they can spread the cost of the operation out over several years.

Milan, Juventus and Napoli are also linked, but Bremer seems to have his heart set on Inter.

I don't think Davies is holding us back tbh.

He is a committed defender who suits a back three. Neat passer and doesn't have many brain farts.

The key first team issues for me were a more press resistant CM (Bissouma) and better wingbacks (1 down, 1 to go).

I don't think a LCB upgrade has anywhere near the impact of the above positions or adding decent attacking cover which will allow us to rest Son/Kane.

Dier and Davies are just not fashionable players so some people want to spunk 80m on a 20-year old who's had one good season in a pub league.

Davies was excellent for the 2nd half of last season it won’t be easy to upgrade on him if he can keep up his form. We will bring in 2 CBS imo so he will have plenty of competition anyway

Richarlison, Bremer, Spence, Bissouma, Perisic , Forster. Are we happy with this if this is the final outcome of our window?
Not if we haven't had a clear out

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

He was excellent at Seville but poor when he went to Barcelona. If Conte thinks he can turn him round, he's a candidate for a loan - if not he stays at Barcelona.

He joined Barca in 2018 (MV £24m), he signed a contract extension in 2020 (MV £55m). Barca sacked the then manager Valverde soon after. Enter Setien, Everton's Koeman, one more in Barjuan (caretaker) and now club legend; Xavi (who doesn't play him - 814' last season in la liga)

Richarlison, Bremer, Spence, Bissouma, Perisic , Forster. Are we happy with this if this is the final outcome of our window?
never seen bremer play, but if hes coming in from the same scouts that got romero then im all for it. not sure on spence, never seen him play but he looks like hes got a bit of a slum attitude, cant think when thats ever been a positive in football. forster is solid backup, bissouma is an unreal signing and richarlison could be what weve been crying out for in years.

Basically yes.

Rich > Berg and I'm not against giving Lucas a final run.
Attacking wingbacks plus one of the best PL CMs plus a beast at the back.

Solid window but maybe lacks that stardust we were expecting with the cash injection.

That lot probably comes to £130m which is offset by sales of Berg, Gio, Reg, Emerson, Winks, CCV potentially so could be a relatively low net spend.

When you see Woolwich dropping another 200m you do wonder whether we could do a little more.

If I had my way I'd add another CB (Ndicka, Torres, Lenglet even) and maybe replace Spence with a more proven option. Maybe a winger Conte could convert like Carassco.

I'd also add another quality attacker (Raphina) to phase out Lucas and provide genuine competition.

Torino director of sport Davide Vagnati is heading to London, reportedly for meetings with Tottenham, Chelsea and Leicester City regarding Gleison Bremer and Dennis Praet.

According to La Stampa newspaper, Vagnati is going to be in the Capital of England either tonight or tomorrow.

He has several appointments lined up with Premier League clubs as the transfer market gets into full swing.

A meeting is arranged with Leicester City to discuss Praet, as the Belgium international midfielder spent this season on loan at Torino at a cost of €1m.

The player made 23 Serie A appearances, scoring two goals and providing two assists, so negotiations will try to either extend the loan for another year or work out terms on a permanent transfer.

While in London, the Toro director is also expected to speak with Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur about centre-back Bremer, who was named top defender in Serie A for the 2021-22 campaign.

The asking price is circa €40m, which is why the Brazilian has not yet signed for his preferred option, Inter.

The Nerazzurri are trying to bring the cost down to €28m, possibly with a loan and obligation to buy so they can spread the cost of the operation out over several years.

Milan, Juventus and Napoli are also linked, but Bremer seems to have his heart set on Inter.

Think Chelsea are looking at much bigger profile CBs. Assuming they mention Chelsea only to drive up the transfer fee

Back
Top Bottom