Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know, it'd be like signing Prince Joffrey

game of thrones king GIF
And he’s not the type of funny haha cunt that richarlison is. He really seems like a douchebag

At the end of the day, even Levy must have realized that doing the same thing over and over again jus wasn't working.

I think this window would have come earlier had we not made the CL final. I think Levy looked at that achievement and thought we could limit buying and repeat.

Obviously the new stadium has brought in financial rewards well beyond even what he thought, but overall it needed someone like Conte (and i think Jose as well) to tell him that he needed a complete change of mindset in order to take the club to the next level.

Finally Paratici would never had joined the club just to become an Italian Steve Hitchen.

The pain of transfer windows past will now be a thing of the past, and thank fuck for that.

Stadium being filled with paying supporters, revenue streams from sponsorships, other revenue streams associated with stadium whether non Spurs sports, exhibitions and conferences etc all coming on stream over last 12 months as covid restrictions were relaxed have been the turning point.

Had covid not hit we would have spent more from 2 years ago.

And thanks for the massive wages and signing on fee that made me love the shirt…

At his age, you'd have thought the IF WE WERE ever in for him he'd have taken less money and the possibility of CL footie.

If conversations were ever done with him and his agent i would think lack of guaranteed playing time would have swayed him against a move.

Looking at the character of player Conte is now looking for then he possibly wouldn't have been a good fit.

Finally looking at the pre-season training in South Korea, Eriksen's doctor may have said hell no to the move?

This guy who's pretty good and on point with most things he says put this on his Instagram

"I've spoke about it before and at the time it was a no go.

But the press will start reporting Tottenhams interest in Maddison again in the coming days.

I'm not saying this will happen but Tottenham have gone back in

When Tottenham last showed interest they were given a ridiculous price by Leicester and Conte personally didn't feel it was worth it despite liking the player.

They now have had indication that Leicesters price may be more realistic.

There's some that believe that Leicester want to get players out the door before they buy. Which is why the maddison and Tielemans price may of been reduced and they may also be open to selling castagne as well as some non starters"

Sounds like Leicester need to raise money

Woolwich bids for Tielseman now circa 20m versus 40m Leicester wanted. So now Leicester need to price other players 'to go' , hence our renewed interest in Maddison 'at the right price'

At his age, you'd have thought the IF WE WERE ever in for him he'd have taken less money and the possibility of CL footie.

If conversations were ever done with him and his agent i would think lack of guaranteed playing time would have swayed him against a move.

Looking at the character of player Conte is now looking for then he possibly wouldn't have been a good fit.

Finally looking at the pre-season training in South Korea, Eriksen's doctor may have said hell no to the move?
I’m sure Conté is going to be more than happy to play against a team with Ronaldo, Bruno and Eriksen in it.

I found this.

James Maddison is set to face Tottenham this weekend when his Leicester host the north London club on Saturday evening.

But it could have been very different for the 22-year-old midfielder.

That’s because Spurs actually almost signed Maddison back in 2015 only to walk away from the €400,000 move.

Three years ago Maddison was starring for Coventry in League One with former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp recommending him to the club.

The White Hart Lane side were in pole position to land the then teenage sensation, but eventually rejected the signing with chairman Daniel Levy wanting to move away from buying young talent in the lower leagues.

That had always been Tottenham’s policy, with the likes of Gareth Bale, Kyle Waker and Dele Alli all joining from the Football League.

But unfortunately for Maddison, he was a tad too late to the party, with the summer of 2015 being the turning point for Spurs and their policy of looking for more established names.

Maddison himself eventually went to Norwich before signing for Leicester earlier this year in a deal worth €25m.

He’s now firmly established as a genuine Premier League talent and earned his first England call-up in November.

Paqueta: seems a good player but only in France, so a risk

SMS: more a box to box than an AM

Asensio: possibly

Isco: to old and slow

Mckinnie: like SMS a box to box, Paratici reportedly likes him

Maddison: the obvious choice, elite and home grown and 100% an AM but would cost 70-80m probably.

Nkunku: plays either AM or second striker, had a great season but would be very expensive and a risk coming from the German League

Wirtz: very talented AM, would cost a bomb.

Be interesting to see who we go for.
Nkunku has already stated that he's staying another season at RB Leipzig. And, if/when he should become avilable Spurs would be up against Bayern, Real M., Man City...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom