Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Off topic I know but I've always wondered about people who have Big Macs, Whoppers and doner kebabs delivered.

It's cold when it gets to your house, so you have two choices - eat it like that or microwave it, in which case all the salad stuff is boiling hot.

Am I missing something?
Yes Bill because there are more choices than two.

Home delivery sucks ass but sometime you have to have that coating. That doesn't count for red meat - just learn to cook. It's really and genuinely not hard and many, many times better.

Don't buy or just discard starches (buns and fries) and water veggies (tomato / lettuce). It takes 5 mins to prep and air fryers will cook you incredible fries - better than what the restaurant can give you because of the steam they sit in on the way.

You can cook a cheeseburger in 4 mins with the right prep but a crispy chicken burger is a fair piece of work so we order plain chicken tenders or burgers - I grill the buns and make the fries. Plenty of salt and fried gnocchi for tater tots.

Dragging this back on topic - there's certainly a parallel here in terms of what we expect the club to provide and how much we have to fill in from our own efforts.

Yeah its a stretch but it beats reading that we have an interest in Tapsoba.

People pick a fight in going to win it.

Chat forums a serious thing

Should have been working but it was boring work so
Makes sense now. Terrible approach btw. If someone highlights something I’ve missed and ultimately removes the foundations im arguing from. I gladly take the information and reanalyse. I think in it’s basic form it’s called learning

Arguing a losing position for sake of seeing it as ‘a fight’. They ain’t gonna get far

I’ve seen numerous posters try and help you out today and all you’ve done is argue a weak case worse each time

Each to their own right ?

Last edited:
Jaysus. Over 30 pages on this thread since this morning. Has anything actually happened or is it just bickering and bantz? I can't be reading that many pages!
3rd choice CB prefers Monaco.

Bunch of punks picked decided to go full Trudeau on me for questioning their reality about Bastoni.

Problem is, it’s always harder to tell someone they have been fooled than it is to fool them in first place.

Makes sense now. Terrible approach btw. If someone highlights something I’ve missed and ultimately removes the foundations im arguing from. I gladly take the information and reanalyse. I think in it’s basic form it’s called learning

Arguing a losing position for sake of seeing as ‘a fight’. They ain’t got too far

I’ve seen numerous posters try and help you out today and all you’ve done is argue a weak case worse each time

Each to their own right ?
So you were serious?

You really think that's how it went?

I bet you don't think that's how it went.
That's the whole point!

I haven't got a Scooby. You haven't got a Scooby.

But that little fiction I wrote has as much plausibility as your assertion that all that was needed was an extra few million, and that's why talks 'broke down.'

There were talks, but I'd bet a pound to a punch of shit that they didn't go any further than the scenario I painted.

Conte was a cunt.

Levy cunted the cunt by cunting him off not paying for Bastoni

Then Conte acted more of a cunt.

Bunch of you defend this with your lives and gang argue it til you get frustrated and pretend you were joking.

That’s cool. You are all wrong.

You just listed 9 clubs at 2 cb each that’s 1 in 18

So I said. If you feel your better than 1 of the top 20 CBS in the world role the dice
I doubt very much tapsoba is so he should be very grateful for the chance to play for us
I don’t know if that’s true. How many top quality CBs do the top teams have?

If I’m at City or Madrid I’m happier to be the 4th choice because I know I will win major trophies over the length of my contract.

In the guardians top 100 players in the world, 15 were centrebacks. Otamendi, Varane, Walker, Lisandro Martinez and Romero are all on that list. I think if you’re Tapsoba you will think you should be challenging that list in your next contract.

If not then why would any club pay more than 50m?

Might as well throw another log on the fire here. Found this over on reddit:

fqrz5e9gakeb1.png

The question is have any of the six done really well relative to spend levels compared to quality?

Back
Top Bottom