Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Better than Lenglet and Dier tho

Indeed.

But that wouldn't have excused a waste of money, because we'd just be in the same position now. Needing to strengthen our centre back depth because of a huge disappointing 70m+ signing that wasnt' as good as Conte thought he was.

Ndombele was supposedly better than Winks and Sissoko too. Yet looking back, I'd rather we didn't waste 60m on him

Might as well throw another log on the fire here. Found this over on reddit:

fqrz5e9gakeb1.png

The question is have any of the six done really well relative to spend levels compared to quality?
Liverpool the best.
Then either us or Man City. If you’re spending a quarter of a billion on centrebacks in that time then you need to be winning league titles. City are at best at expected performance.
The other teams need a long cold bath.

Davies is average, if he starts next season then we truly are fucked.

He's an option for the early rounds of the League Cup, that's all. Wouldn't get on the bench of the new Big 6.

He's been a good servant but it's high time he was moved on. This club needs to be getting rid of the dross, not bigging them up.

Strange comments from Ange, worrying also.
100%

Off topic I know but I've always wondered about people who have Big Macs, Whoppers and doner kebabs delivered.

It's cold when it gets to your house, so you have two choices - eat it like that or microwave it, in which case all the salad stuff is boiling hot.

Am I missing something?
I only used an app to order takeaway food when I was laid up with a broken ankle. I was completely housebound with a zimmer frame so UberEats was a very useful way to get pre-prepared food when I didn't have anyone else around to get it for me.

My mobile phone gave me an independence I wouldn't have had otherwise. Prior to being laid up, I had been very cynical of smartphone technology but when I needed it it was there to help me get things from Amazon or eBay or UberEats to make my life that bit more liveable.

UberEats hasn't stood the test of time from my point of view but it was there when I needed it.

I know your clamouring to play Kulusevski there but unfortunately we can’t play him everywhere
Left wing is his best position. He doesn’t have the pace or close tricker to beat a man on the right. He may sometime if he starts from half way line but they ain’t gonna happen if we are pushing up, he was good fir a while but now his level has been reached. Needs to do more and I think playing on the left would let him. He would t need to beat a man to cross the ball.

I don’t know if that’s true. How many top quality CBs do the top teams have?

If I’m at City or Madrid I’m happier to be the 4th choice because I know I will win major trophies over the length of my contract.

In the guardians top 100 players in the world, 15 were centrebacks. Otamendi, Varane, Walker, Lisandro Martinez and Romero are all on that list. I think if you’re Tapsoba you will think you should be challenging that list in your next contract.

If not then why would any club pay more than 50m?
Yeah my argument was sorely reductive. I think generally without wanting to involve the inverse differential. My point was normally the top 20 clubs will have a majority of the best players / defenders. Spurs currently are the outlier to my generalisation as we hold a disproportionate bag of shit. But ignoring that. We are in a group that the likes of tapsoda will be aiming for

Of course he might fancy himself higher … you seem to think we’re a bad bet and he’s the talent to hold on

But I believe Tottenham are positioned about right for talented youngsters looking to break out mid table German league status

We’re a fucking great club make. We’ve had a couple bad years and if he’s actually any good he’d be an assist in getting us back to the top of the prem

Oh and if he is an absolute super star then one of the plastics or super Spain clubs will notice him

No idea what this is supposed to mean. I’m afraid I failed my GCSE Gobbledygook.
Here to talk about transfers. Feel free to nudge me if you have anything intelligence (sic) to say on the subject.
really ? The rest of the forum understands. Just you then

Your super embarrassing childlike document covered it all thanks Graham

They could offer us €90m with add-ons and it's still only 77m.

Just pay the fee.

Hate to say it but if they stop playing games and just offer the €100m, with some more in add-ons, I am pretty confident Kane will go.

Never once felt this close before. Even in 2021 I never truly felt like Harry would go. Now, I do.

Back
Top Bottom