Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the price for Kane has been clear for years and it starts at 100m

It's never clear unless the person selling makes it clear. And we are talking about this summer, not previous years when Kane wasn't even for sale and even if he was no way would Levy started bidding at 100 mill. 3 or 4 years ago the price would have been 170-200 mill.

Tonali reluctantly agreed to go. Bastoni didn’t

You finding a shit third party source that claims that he did is not equivalent to someone else — forgot who it was — posting a direct quote from the player himself that counters your claim.
Not all evidence is equal.
Reading that, the headline was totally sensationalised in relation to the actual quote from the player. He essentially gave the PR equivalent of no comment.

Off topic I know but I've always wondered about people who have Big Macs, Whoppers and doner kebabs delivered.

It's cold when it gets to your house, so you have two choices - eat it like that or microwave it, in which case all the salad stuff is boiling hot.

Am I missing something?
Yeah, a decent delivery service.

It's never clear unless the person selling makes it clear. And we are talking about this summer, not previous years when Kane wasn't even for sale and even if he was no way would Levy started bidding at 100 mill. 3 or 4 years ago the price would have been 170-200 mill.

If City offered us 100m base fee with realistic add-ons leading up to potentially 120-130m back in 2021 - we'd have accepted it. No doubt about it.

Im getting targeted here for having a non compliant opinion.

Wait til I tell you all I’m not vaccinated and I believe in Aliens
Have you seen the news lately? It seems that the Yanks DO have alien corpses and a crashed UFO.

So the X Files was actually a documentary?

Jimmy Fallon Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

If we weren't happy with any fees quoted for Tapsoba - I am surprised we didn't try and go for Bassey, who Fulham have just signed.

ox9Y8Xz.png

I didn't catch him at Ajax - but I was always impressed when I watched him for Rangers. Especially during that run to the Europa League final. Was in the Leicester academy, so he may even have counted as HG, left footed, also capable of playing left back.
He's a decent player but nowhere near the level imo. Disaster at times recieving the ball, just lots of little things in possession that have him a step below what we need to be signing.

Incredibly relaxed about selling Kane, it's the right thing to do with the position we're in. Hes 30yo with one year on his contract. We no longer intend on playing football that requires the centre forward to be chief link-man, scorer, creator. This notion that he has 5/6yrs left at the very top of his game is fanciful. Wish him the very best of luck abroad.

Not so relaxed about how we spend the money and improve our squad. Tapsoba, VDV and a player for the front three with world class potential would be fun though.

Back
Top Bottom