Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

I’d much rather spend huge on a true 1v1 wing talent than buy Orban honestly. He is good but he reminds me a lot of Callum Wilson. Son in the center would be a much more effective solution if we’re trying to win now.

I honestly think he needs a season on loan to be Spurs starting CF quality. And sitting on our bench, in a season with no Europe, wouldn’t help him at all.

If only we hadn’t spunked nearly £100m on Porro Kulu and Gil… just imagine what we could’ve bought on the wing with that money. I like Paratici but that’s aging poorly.
Porro is an incredibly talented wingback who was brought here to be a wingback. If he improves his positioning he can still be an incredible fullback as well.

Richie is tottaly different from Kane, but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough. He's far more unidimensional than Kane but can score and press like no one upfront. What we'll need for him to succeed is someone to create opportunities, and we have done a good job by bringing Maddison in, that changes a lot of our striker will need this season, as I think he won't have to drop deep to create something like Kane has done for years.
Absolute tosh

He's nowhere near good enough.

He's a luxury player that you could bring on and hope for a goal every four of five games.

In 201 games he has 49 goals and 19 assists.

We've overspent on him and people are desperate for him to succeed, but there's no evidence that he's going to be a 20 goal a season man - which we desperately need.

He's never scored more than 13 premier league goals in a season.

I REALLY hope that he succeeds here - but the odds of him being a success as our main man are slim to say the least.

Last edited:
Absolute tosh

He's a luxury player that you could bring on and hope for a goal every four of five games.

We've overspent on him and people are desperate for him to succeed, but there's no evidence that he's going to be a 20 goal a season man - which we desperately need.

He's never scored more than 13 premier league oals in a season.

I REALLY hope that he succeeds here - but the odds of him being a success as our main man are slim to say the least.

He has no outstanding attributes apart from the fact that he runs he’s nuts off. He needs better movement and finishing to be a good striker in this league

I really doubt we will find a better backup than Sanchez for the money we look to get if we sell him. He looked good vs Barca and cant complain about him today either. Not easy to be thrown into a game like that either. I'd say him, Romero and VdV are the ones we can use, need 1 more of high quality.

I really doubt we will find a better backup than Sanchez for the money we look to get if we sell him. He looked good vs Barca and cant complain about him today either. Not easy to be thrown into a game like that either. I'd say him, Romero and VdV are the ones we can use, need 1 more of high quality.
Sanchez is playing like he dont want to leave us. Was awesome v Barcelona.

He has no outstanding attributes apart from the fact that he runs he’s nuts off. He needs better movement and finishing to be a good striker in this league
Does he though?

He may give the appearance of running his nuts off but that's probably because his first touch means he's lost the ball and is trying to get it back.

He doesn't track back half as well as he should for a player that is not scoring and not assisting.

Today he could be seen leasurely jogging back from the half way line when Brentford were on the attack most of the time.

Hopefully AP can turn him into the player we all want him to be - but on the current evidence, it'll take a miracle.

Absolute tosh

I think Everton overpaid for him.

We, we were fucking robbed.

Absolute tosh

I can see that. And I have posted I wasn’t too impressed with him today and don’t feel he is the perfect fit for how we are going to try to play.

But, I do think it’s a bit harsh to judge him on his goals per game, mainly playing for an absolutely awful Everton side. If he can get one in four playing for that abomination of a team, he can get a lot more playing for us.

He’s never going to get Kane numbers, but if we can lump in some goals from elsewhere on the pitch, he could be a decent stopgap. Although like you, I have my doubts.

I agree with that. If we can sell Dier, especially for more money, I am much happier with that outcome. Not an Ange player, Dav is showing that he really wants to be at least.

I can see that. And I have posted I wasn’t too impressed with him today and don’t feel he is the perfect fit for how we are going to try to play.

But, I do think it’s a bit harsh to judge him on his goals per game, mainly playing for an absolutely awful Everton side. If he can get one in four playing for that abomination of a team, he can get a lot more playing for us.

He’s never going to get Kane numbers, but if we can lump in some goals from elsewhere on the pitch, he could be a decent stopgap. Although like you, I have my doubts.

How long do you give him though?

You said "he can score and press like no one up front" - do you really believe that?

He's pretty much our only recognised striker at the moment and he's given us 3 goals in 36 appearances.

What's acceptable from him after a 10/15/20 game consistent run?

Do we forever just 'hope' he comes good?

I lost count of how many times we said that last season.

I’d much rather spend huge on a true 1v1 wing talent than buy Orban honestly. He is good but he reminds me a lot of Callum Wilson. Son in the center would be a much more effective solution if we’re trying to win now.

I honestly think he needs a season on loan to be Spurs starting CF quality. And sitting on our bench, in a season with no Europe, wouldn’t help him at all.

If only we hadn’t spunked nearly £100m on Porro Kulu and Gil… just imagine what we could’ve bought on the wing with that money. I like Paratici but that’s aging poorly.
yeah, would prefer a wide forward/winger too. He didn’t look a level above any of their other forward players in general play. I think we should forget the goal ratio, that won’t automatically transfer to the PL. general game good but not great in comparison with the opposition.

Back
Top Bottom